ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What happened to Dane?
Coogs 06:33 PM 09-06-2021
Never thought I would be the one asking this, but what happened to Dane?
Hasn't posted since July, and I don't remember a big blow up that would normally lead to his taking a break. Seemed like he was amped up for the season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
No doubt.

I guess my point is that I've seen him disagree with a ton of people over the last 15 years - and that he seems to do it respectfully with people - wait for for it - he respects.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall him ever calling Hamas, or DJ, or htismaqe, etc butt fucking morons.

For better or worse, I guess I see some of him in myself - I have no patience for bullshit, and have no issue calling people on it. Something Parker said to me early on - something to the effect of "I don't agree with you, but keep bringing it every time you post"

Dane brought it everytime he posted, and if he thought you were full of shit or just a plain ole dipshit, you were gonna hear about it.
I can see that logic. Not having read most of this thread, I think it also comes down to proportionate response for a lot of people as well as being able to take what you dish.

He also probably reports more posts than anyone else because shit gets escalated (shocker) and suddenly crosses lines that he doesn't appreciate after unloading on someone.

And I once called him on that hypocrisy of completely unloading on people and the reporting them for basically doing the same, and in return got a neg rep or three, PM'd, and he found out personal stuff that's never been posted here, and posted it in the thread.

And then 2 or 3 later, he's acted like it never happened and asked for mod favors or like I'm doing him favors if I boot someone from a thread.

It's fucking weird.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:02 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

He also probably reports more posts than anyone else because shit gets escalated (shocker) and suddenly crosses lines that he doesn't appreciate after unloading on someone.

And I once called him on that hypocrisy of completely unloading on people and the reporting them for basically doing the same, and in return got a neg rep or three, PM'd, and he found out personal stuff that's never been posted here, and posted it in the thread.

And then 2 or 3 later, he's acted like it never happened and asked for mod favors or like I'm doing him favors if I boot someone from a thread.

Crazy. He's an even bigger asshole than I thought.

I haven't had that many interactions with him. I've had a couple of random neg reps after making jokes about some celebrity or another.

And there has been an occasion or two where it's felt like he had convinced himself that we were in some kind of argument about something when, in truth, I had no idea what he was even going on about. I posted a video of a Charlton Heston movie that inspired the look of Indiana Jones and he started posting all kinds of 1940s men's clothing advertisements to prove how WRONG I was. Pretty weird.

Anyways between the name dropping, pointless arguing, "I'm from L.A.!" reminders, and the "I'm a MAN - I've been on Chiefsplanet for 40 years!" comments I got pretty sick of his bullshit.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:07 AM 09-10-2021
I can see that logic. Not having read most of this thread, I think it also comes down to proportionate response for a lot of people as well as being able to take what you dish.

It's fucking weird.
That's beyond weird, that's fucked.

I'm all for shithousery, but personal info/doxxing is over the line.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:17 AM 09-10-2021
I think the thing we're all overlooking in this thread is that Dane repeatedly saw promise in DCEU films.

Honestly, that's the most soul-harrowing fact we've learned about him.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:29 AM 09-10-2021

It's ****ing weird.
wow he sounds like an even bigger pussy than I thought. A middle age man running to the mods reporting other posters (and posting personal info on posters too) . That is messed up. He also strikes me as a guy that can dish it out but can't take it.
[Reply]
eDave 11:30 AM 09-10-2021
I don't know why you'd post all that Bearcat.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:32 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Maybe because it's the fucking truth?
[Reply]
eDave 11:41 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Maybe because it's the fucking truth?
It may very well be. I'm just questioning the need for a mod to join the pile-on with insider information.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:46 AM 09-10-2021
Your morality knows no bounds today Dave.

But of course it's a condescending morality.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:51 AM 09-10-2021
eDave: John Wayne Gacy is one helluva funny clown. I highly recommend you hire him for your child's next birthday party.

The Police: We found 33 rotting corpses in his crawlspace.

eDave: What's your point? You got something against a clowns or something?
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:52 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why wouldn't he post it? It appears Dane crossed a line - a pretty serious one, IMO. What Bearcat posted doesn't come close to that.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:54 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
eDave: John Wayne Gacy is one helluva funny clown. I highly recommend you hire him for your child's next birthday party.

:-)
[Reply]
eDave 11:55 AM 09-10-2021

Bit of a false equivelance, don't you think?

Enjoy your fun. I find it pathetic, childish, and cowardly.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:01 PM 09-10-2021

*gigglesnort*
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:06 PM 09-10-2021

I enjoyed this, . . it was fun. . . I found it trenchant, courageous, and hilarious.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up