ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:25 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Packers are a good "this is the worst case scenario" of an approach that entirely prioritises defence with a HOF QB. A cautionary tale. Everyone who clamoured for a million DEs in the draft and screamed blue murder at the possibility of drafting a WR high should bear this in mind. We need playmakers.
The post-Hill rationalization was being deeper at WR was better than having one generational superstar WR.

We shall see how that turns out as the season progresses.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The post-Hill rationalization was being deeper at WR was better than having one generational superstar WR.

We shall see how that turns out as the season progresses.
It all depends on the math.

Let's quantify it a little bit. Let's say we see players as being 'worth' 1-10.

We had a WR room of Hill, Robinson, Pringle, Hardman, Fountain. The idea was that Hill (10), Pringle (5), Hardman (5), Robinson (3), Fountain (3) (Grand total 26) could be outnumbered by a higher average.

So you figure JJSS (7), MVS (6), A developing Hardman (6), Moore (5), Watson (4) gets you a better total overall at 28. And it does so cheaper and with the addition of significant draft capital from the Hill trade.

The problem is that to this point JJSS and MVS haven't been 7/6 respectively, Hardman hasn't seemed to develop much and Moore has an N/A next to his name. Watson's the only guy who's met or exceeded the thresholds needed for the 'depth' experiment to work.

I think it's a decent plan but so far the execution hasn't gone to script.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It all depends on the math.

Let's quantify it a little bit. Let's say we see players as being 'worth' 1-10.

We had a WR room of Hill, Robinson, Pringle, Hardman, Fountain. The idea was that Hill (10), Pringle (5), Hardman (5), Robinson (3), Fountain (3) (Grand total 26) could be outnumbered by a higher average.

So you figure JJSS (7), MVS (6), A developing Hardman (6), Moore (5), Watson (4) gets you a better total overall at 28. And it does so cheaper and with the addition of significant draft capital from the Hill trade.

The problem is that to this point JJSS and MVS haven't been 7/6 respectively, Hardman hasn't seemed to develop much and Moore has an N/A next to his name. Watson's the only guy who's met or exceeded the thresholds needed for the 'depth' experiment to work.

I think it's a decent plan but so far the execution hasn't gone to script.
This.

I'm gonna watch some All 22 tonight (if it's available) and take a look at the WR. No they haven't been great but I don't think they've been awful either.

I really think the biggest problem is play calling. They're not putting these guys in spots to succeed, according to their skills sets. They're trying to put a square peg in a round hole right now and not only is it hurting the WR's, it's really hurting the line.

The whole offense is out of sync and it starts with calling better plays for the personnel you have on the field.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:42 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You might be right... I just remember not that long ago watching Hill, Watkins (when healthy), Kelce and Hunt, with Mahomes at QB. THAT was COOL!
That was 4 years ago, dude. That's an eternity in football time. And do you know how many games Hunt and Mahomes played together in total? 12. And only 11 in 2018.

And that's when the offense was new and sparkly and no one had any clue what to do with Mahomes.

The last memory you should have of the Chiefs with Hunt was his final game where we gave up 54 to the Rams and lost.

I get it. It WAS fun. But 1/ I'll take wins over fun and losing and 2/ we had a lot of fun in week 1 of this season as well and I'm not ready to completely write that off as an anomaly.

(All that said, Tampa is not the team I want to face trying to get our offense right.)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 09-27-2022
So the All 22 is up and I just watched the first drive.

Patrick threw across the middle to an open MVS (after a scramble drill, no other WR was open after the initial routes) and overthrew the window. He had CEH WIDE OPEN in the right flat and didn't even look his way, despite the pressure.

He followed that up by overthrowing MVS on what would have been a TD, MVS had two steps on his guy and Mahomes just missed him.

I'll keep watching but man, that first series was just bad play by Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 09-27-2022
I forgot about 2nd down.

Patrick AGAIN had CEH open in the flat, wide open, and he didn't see him. Kelce was open. Mahomes was too busy putting his head down and scrambling right up the gut.

I haven't even made it past the first drive of the game and it's pretty obvious the line is a HUGE issue, much more so than the WR's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 09-27-2022
On the 3rd down play, Kelce was open too, right underneath MVS.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:53 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It makes no sense why we don't run more screens.
Because screen passes are designed to take advantage of aggressive defenses.

Aggressive defenses aren't the problem. The Chiefs shine when they play aggressive defenses. Screens aren't effective against a 4 man rush in which the secondary is looking towards the LOS. Which is what's been giving them a hard time.

It's become apparent that playcalling is the problem, but screens aren't the answer either.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:54 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I haven't even made it past the first drive of the game and it's pretty obvious the line is a HUGE issue, much more so than the WR's.
I just haven't been all that impressed with the IOL these last two weeks. For as good as they're suppose to be, i swear i watch other QB's get more time in the pocket than Mahomes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 09-27-2022
So the All 22 is up and I just watched the first drive.

Patrick threw across the middle to an open MVS (after a scramble drill, no other WR was open after the initial routes) and overthrew the window. He had CEH WIDE OPEN in the right flat and didn't even look his way, despite the pressure.

He followed that up by overthrowing MVS on what would have been a TD, MVS had two steps on his guy and Mahomes just missed him.

I'll keep watching but man, that first series was just bad play by Mahomes.
Is the All-22 only on viewable on a web browser? I have yet to see it on the app.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Is the All-22 only on viewable on a web browser? I have yet to see it on the app.
I'm watching on my iPad via the NFL app.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:56 AM 09-27-2022
I'm watching on my iPad via the NFL app.
WTF. The phone/TV App?

Where the fuck is it? Lol
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:57 AM 09-27-2022
Both OTs feels like the defensive backfield in 2018. Performing so poorly that you can just feel they'll play a major part in the season ultimately ending come January.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 09-27-2022
Looked to me like the pressure from the first 2 games (and the start of this one) had impacted Mahomes mentally.

His play was very reminiscent of his bad quarters/halves/stretches.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:59 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

His play was very reminiscent of his bad quarters/halves/stretches.
Oh i don't know if i'd go that far.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up