« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
backinblack 01:05 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:55 PM 01-25-2023
wow - this thread went south in the last 48 hours.

For the record....this thread is about the TV show, not the game.

I feel for anyone who hasnt played the game that got anything spoiled for them.

No one should assume that everyone knows the full storyline (including Part 2).
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:06 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
wow - this thread went south in the last 48 hours.

For the record....this thread is about the TV show, not the game.

I feel for anyone who hasnt played the game that got anything spoiled for them.

No one should assume that everyone knows the full storyline (including Part 2).
Lets be honest,

They SHOULD change major items from the 2nd game if the story gets that far.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:31 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Lets be honest,

They SHOULD change major items from the 2nd game if the story gets that far.
ehh....I didnt have a problem with the 2nd game like some did.

It would have been lazy for Naughty Dog to have the same storyline in part 2.

Had to have some changes......I thought it was fine.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:57 PM 01-25-2023
No. Fuck that game. To follow up such a masterpiece like TLOU with a generic "redacted is bad" plot was so disappointing. It's even worse that you couldn't criticize the absolutely shit narrative without it being dismissed as "you're just anti woke".
[Reply]
dmahurin 02:47 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No. Fuck that game. To follow up such a masterpiece like TLOU with a generic "redacted is bad" plot was so disappointing. It's even worse that you couldn't criticize the absolutely shit narrative without it being dismissed as "you're just anti woke".

I don't understand the shit narrative. It sucks about redacted, yes, but the story told was incredible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:59 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
I don't understand the shit narrative. It sucks about redacted, yes, but the story told was incredible.
What? Throwing a bunch of lifeless one dimensional characters in front of you as fodder only to try and retroactively make you feel bad for killing them sucked, especially when instead of actually taking care to flesh them out like the first game did, instead Druckmann just lazily shoved every trope possible for cheap emotional effect. Oh, you know that lady you just killed? She was pregnant. Bet you feel bad now, huh? Did that shit THREE TIMES. What always gets people emotional? DOGS!!! Let's just go back to that well too over and over and over and over and over again. It was fucking trash.

Not to mention pretending to be Tarantino in the story telling when he didn't have 1/100th of the skill required to pull it off. The game might've actually been decent if we could've gotten at least a bit attached to each character before blasting them in the face, but going back hours later and trying to retroactively do it I just don't give a shit anymore.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:23 PM 01-25-2023
What? Throwing a bunch of lifeless one dimensional characters in front of you as fodder only to try and retroactively make you feel bad for killing them sucked, especially when instead of actually taking care to flesh them out like the first game did, instead Druckmann just lazily shoved every trope possible for cheap emotional effect. Oh, you know that lady you just killed? She was pregnant. Bet you feel bad now, huh? Did that shit THREE TIMES. What always gets people emotional? DOGS!!! Let's just go back to that well too over and over and over and over and over again. It was fucking trash.

Not to mention pretending to be Tarantino in the story telling when he didn't have 1/100th of the skill required to pull it off. The game might've actually been decent if we could've gotten at least a bit attached to each character before blasting them in the face, but going back hours later and trying to retroactively do it I just don't give a shit anymore.
I don't see cheap emotional effects, I see a gradual increase in the depths Ellie was willing to go to to get what she viewed as revenge. Not too far off of what Abbie did. It's basically the same story being told in parallel to each other. 2 sides of the same fucked up coin of an eye for an eye.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:31 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
I don't see cheap emotional effects, I see a gradual increase in the depths Ellie was willing to go to to get what she viewed as revenge. Not too far off of what Abbie did. It's basically the same story being told in parallel to each other. 2 sides of the same fucked up coin of an eye for an eye.
Yes. That's the fucking problem. The story is "revenge is bad". Yeah, no fucking shit, Sherlock's. I expected much, much more from it considering the precedent the first game set.

Imagine you're watching John Wick, and he's just massacring mobsters left and right for the whole movie, but at the end decides NOT to kill the one that brained his dog for the hahas because "herpderp, revenge is bad". It fucking sucks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:02 PM 01-25-2023
Seriously, the first side character that these folks watching are about to meet in episode 3 is FAR more memorable than ANY from TLOU2.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:14 PM 01-25-2023
Seriously, the first side character that these folks watching are about to meet in episode 3 is FAR more memorable than ANY from TLOU2.
I'd have to agree.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:54 PM 01-25-2023
Sounds like I'm reeeally missing out on something cool here...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:34 PM 01-25-2023
Just for the record, I actually don't really have a problem with the decision that most people despise this game for, only that it was executed about as poorly as it possibly could be.
[Reply]
srvy 07:49 PM 01-25-2023
The whole spoiler tag bs is laughable, to begin with. Why do you expect CP to shelter you from things you do not want to read or see? If you are afraid the plot will be revealed scroll on by. Nobody expects spoiler tags in the lounge GDT. If you are working and going to watch it after the fact don't open it. Do you all expect everyone in the GDT spoiler tag it? Does Facebook Reddit Youtube Twitter etc do this for you? Hell didn't even know the above show was zombies caused by a fungus it was revealed in the first 10 posts or so, big deal. Police your damn selves whiners.

Same goes for things you dont like because you disagree. So like spoiled little brats rat them out and try to get them thread banned. Fucking toddlers.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:05 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
The whole spoiler tag bs is laughable, to begin with. Why do you expect CP to shelter you from things you do not want to read or see? If you are afraid the plot will be revealed scroll on by. Nobody expects spoiler tags in the lounge GDT. If you are working and going to watch it after the fact don't open it. Do you all expect everyone in the GDT spoiler tag it? Does Facebook Reddit Youtube Twitter etc do this for you? Hell didn't even know the above show was zombies caused by a fungus it was revealed in the first 10 posts or so, big deal. Police your damn selves whiners.

Same goes for things you dont like because you disagree. So like spoiled little brats rat them out and try to get them thread banned. Fucking toddlers.
Neil Young said it best: "Old man, take a look at your life, you're a fucking moron..."

We're not talking about not watching an episode this week and watching it weeks later and the episode's being spoiled. We're talking about people giving away key plot arcs multiple episodes in the future or next season based on their knowledge of the video game. And not even in the context of a normal discussion but one based on his own political views.

Oh, ______ gets killed at the beginning of the next season? How in the world do I just scroll on by that without that impacting the experience of watching it going forward?

I love that you're such a complete moron that you compare it to learning that the zombies were caused by fungus. Most others here probably figured that out by the opening talk show segment in episode 1 but it's cool you had that "spoiled" based on this thread.

Police yourself, geriatrics.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 47
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up