ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 107
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:27 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Fescoe is a shooter?
Lets just say he is
[Reply]
Mecca 03:27 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Careful. People will make fun of you for not wanting to take your family to a packed downtown with thousands of drunks roaming the streets at night while hoping you can utilize public transport without feeling or thinking your car might be at risk.
That is not the same thing as literally refusing to leave your little suburb.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Careful. People will make fun of you for not wanting to take your family to a packed downtown with thousands of drunks roaming the streets at night while hoping you can utilize public transport without feeling or thinking your car might be at risk.
Oh it's alright.

I've been a known racist since I voted against my first tax increase. It just rolls off my back at this point...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:27 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
The 2 suspects I've seen are odd. The older guy in the red sweats and this kid with an AR looks like he's 17

its so fucking weird...

why

why would they do this??
[Reply]
Otter 03:28 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We stopped going to the 4th of July celebration at Liberty Memorial for that very reason.

It's just a bad scene, IMO. Too much chaos.

And by the way - this is also why a downtown stadium just isn't a great idea. It sounds wonderful in theory, but the reality is you're going to have elements like this around that stadium every single night. And if the Royals ever get good again and you have 40K people streaming in and out, you're going to have problems like this pretty much every evening.

Busch Stadium in downtown STL is a ****ing cesspool after games. If you're lucky you can get out before the press really starts (and maybe get on the metro and the hell out of town before there are 10,000 people there waiting for a tram). If you don't, it's a warzone.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - I'll never move back to KC. Don't miss it even a little. But if I were a resident, especially downtown or downtown adjacent, I'd have zero interest in the idea.

Was at a Ravens home game back in the early 2000s and my girl at the time and me were walking Inner Harbor right outside McCormick & Schmick's (the safest public place in Baltimore) and about two dozen ~15 year olds all dressed in white t-shirts and black jogging pants came running at us in swarm.

Pulled her over a rope and onto a thin walkway to a dock. Figured I'd only have to deal with one or two at a time and we were both good swimmers.

Ran right past is but was definitely a shit the pants moment. I don't do crowds often anymore.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:28 PM 02-14-2024
The 2 suspects I've seen are odd. The older guy in the red sweats and this kid with an AR looks like he's 17
We just don't know what we're looking at right now.

It's possible the older guy in the red sweats was detained because he was drunkenly arguing with cops in the aftermath or interfered or something. No idea if he's connected to the shooting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:28 PM 02-14-2024
I suspect the older guy was just a dude that had a gun on him and someone pointed it out. That whole scene looks awfully subdued in the photos we've seen with him.

Afterall, I guarantee you there were more than 2 folks down there who were armed.
[Reply]
kstater 03:29 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, it wasn't just an idiot with a CCW.

Eh, that could be the officers gun. You'd think they'd take the magazine out if it was the suspects.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:30 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
15-20 I’d say
That's what another witness said. Good to corroborate.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:30 PM 02-14-2024

BREAKING: Gunfire erupts at Super Bowl parade in Kansas City pic.twitter.com/Vz8il7ewcp

— TRACKER DEEP (@tracker_deep) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
Dante84 03:30 PM 02-14-2024
Graphic.... young teen apparently shot in leg, while an older person is receiving CPR.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
Eh, that could be the officers gun. You'd think they'd take the magazine out if it was the suspects.

They let LEOs carry extended magazines in Kansas City proper?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they prohibited that as part of some Mayor Q pandery bullshit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:31 PM 02-14-2024

Would an officer just set it on the ground like that?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:31 PM 02-14-2024
that one looks like a little fucking punk

piece of shit
[Reply]
bdj23 03:31 PM 02-14-2024

I don't the officer is gonna have a mismatched FDE 40 round "stendo".
[Reply]
Page 24 of 107
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up