ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 446 of 3903
« First < 346396436442443444445446 4474484494504564965469461446 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:40 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
are we allowed to post host plans in here or do I need to move this to DC

You need to be permanently quarantined to DC
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:41 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea, BRC has two strikes. But I'm enjoying the non political political comments.
I’m fucking Mike Trout in the box with two strikes.:-)
[Reply]
eDave 11:42 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m fucking Mike Trout in the box with two strikes.:-)

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:43 PM 03-18-2020
are we allowed to post host plans in here or do I need to move this to DC

A lot of what I was advocating for. If you're going to shut down the economy for a reason like this you need to simply freeze things while providing money for food/medicine/essentials. I'm a big believer in capitalism, but this is going to punch everyone's lights out.

Tons of questions about how you restart the economy after this (the politicians are going to do everything in their power - on both sides - to screw it up because that's what they do) but you have to stop collections at all levels until this is over.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:47 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You need to be permanently quarantined to DC
for ? I asked and gave no personal opinion
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:48 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I hate the Dodgers but that was totally a strike. You’re out. Time for bed BRC
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:50 PM 03-18-2020
On closer read they should really not being trying to administer through government agencies some of these provisions. And to be clear I'm not a big fan of this but if you're going to turn off the economy you need something like this in place for people to make it over the next 5-18 months. There's a ton of detail missing -- will be interesting to see this get batted around.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:54 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
China's suppression of the existence outbreak absolutely reflects poorly on them.

But when experts world wide started sounding the alarm mid January and early February they were mostly ignored.

I think history will judge America's initial head in the sand response harshly.
Good point. I mean lets be real they don't care how it reflects on them. They are Communists. Not like they are looking to be Mr Popular in the first place.

Overall, what they doing appears to be working.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:56 PM 03-18-2020
for ? I asked and gave no personal opinion
I know exactly what you did there Thomas.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 12:04 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I know exactly what you did there Thomas.
pfff you don't know shit my homie I have no beef with people in here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 AM 03-19-2020
Can I speak to the effect rather than my opinion on it?

In many ways, it's self-fulfilling. Businesses that might have tried to make a go of it to give them a running start when the economy kicks back up will really have no choice but to close up shop. With their employees all eligible for significant support from the government and with the ability to forego any/all payments on outstanding obligations, they'll have no problem laying them off.

I'll be honest, in many ways that would be easier for us. But it would make getting this economy back off the ground in any sort of timely matter incredibly difficult.

You're talking about a true halt to the private economy and an almost completely government funded country for an extended period of time. ESPECIALLY if they define 'pandemic' via the WHO, who will continue to monitor the global spread rather than simply its impact on the United States. That label could stick for a year or longer.

I mean...that thing is truly a kill switch for the economy.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:16 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can I speak to the effect rather than my opinion on it?

In many ways, it's self-fulfilling. Businesses that might have tried to make a go of it to give them a running start when the economy kicks back up will really have no choice but to close up shop. With their employees all eligible for significant support from the government and with the ability to forego any/all payments on outstanding obligations, they'll have no problem laying them off.

I'll be honest, in many ways that would be easier for us. But it would make getting this economy back off the ground in any sort of timely matter incredibly difficult.

You're talking about a true halt to the private economy and an almost completely government funded country for an extended period of time. ESPECIALLY if they define 'pandemic' via the WHO, who will continue to monitor the global spread rather than simply its impact on the United States. That label could stick for a year or longer.

I mean...that thing is truly a kill switch for the economy.

Killswitch is the right word for it.

But if you open this box up you either go all the way or you don’t accomplish much for the dollars you’re throwing at it.

The fear is once you open this box there is no way you go back to the old system.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:21 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Killswitch is the right word for it.

But if you open this box up you either go all the way or you don’t accomplish much for the dollars you’re throwing at it.

The fear is once you open this box there is no way you go back to the old system.
Without question.

And you've devalued the dollar significantly in the process.

Side effects may not justify the cure on this one. This is an EXTREME measure and if that's the direction they go, they had better have some really good fucking science that says "we do this or several million people WILL die..."

Not might die, but will. This isn't the thing you do to pre-emptively address a calamity, it's something you do to avoid an imminent one. This will fundamentally alter this nation and perhaps permanently.

If there's a way to do ANYTHING other than this, then you cannot do this. I'm truly floored by the transformation of our economy proposed in that legislation.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:45 AM 03-19-2020
Back to the Gold standard?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:13 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Without question.

And you've devalued the dollar significantly in the process.

Side effects may not justify the cure on this one. This is an EXTREME measure and if that's the direction they go, they had better have some really good ****ing science that says "we do this or several million people WILL die..."

Not might die, but will. This isn't the thing you do to pre-emptively address a calamity, it's something you do to avoid an imminent one. This will fundamentally alter this nation and perhaps permanently.

If there's a way to do ANYTHING other than this, then you cannot do this. I'm truly floored by the transformation of our economy proposed in that legislation.
You know for once I actually agree with something you posted. I think this economic package is a bit much and should only be used as a last resort.

However, I don't think millions have to die in order for USA to do something drastic. You fail to mention how if this virus continues to spread even if millions don't die the stress it will put on our healthcare system would be horrible.

We barely have enough doctors and nurses as it is if our hospitals continue to get filled up because of sick patients it could be a disaster. Not to mention doctors and nurses will probably get sick from the CoronaVirus as well.
[Reply]
Page 446 of 3903
« First < 346396436442443444445446 4474484494504564965469461446 > Last »
Up