ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 444 of 3903
« First < 344394434440441442443444 4454464474484544945449441444 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:12 PM 03-18-2020
https://twitter.com/newshour/status/...743550464?s=21
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If the government came out and said "tell you what guys - we're gonna fast-track the hell out of some of this stuff w/ known drug combinations because we're pretty sure in a month's time we'll have developed therapeutic treatment protocols that will kick the balls out of this thing. AND we're gonna issue no-guarantee loans (i.e. loans backed by the gov't that don't require personal guarantees from the business owners) sufficient to cover 30 days of operating costs for non-essential businesses. Just do us a favor and stay inside for the next month so we can keep as many people healthy as possible in the interim..."

I'd turn our lights off and go home tomorrow. As it stands, I can't do any of that. I'm learning how to do shit well below my pay grade right now because I figure there's gonna be the three folks that own this fucking place coming in 20 hours/day trying to scrimp as much revenue together as we can for the next 3 months.

Goddamn guys - just articulate a plan.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 PM 03-18-2020
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/s...087917056?s=21
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 PM 03-18-2020
one thing I hope comes out of this mess is the public’s renewed appreciation of the value that science and scientists can bring to our lives. .
Was there some moment in time that people decided scientists weren't worth having around?

I mean...apart from the people that are going to forget about them within 3 months of all this petering out because some random Kardashian got another television show?

I mean, vapid and shallow cretins have always existed and will always exist. But nearly all reasonably informed people understand the value of scientists.

It's the arts we think should be shot into the sun. Stupid NEA.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:16 PM 03-18-2020
Fujifilm seems to have something that is pretty effective as well.

Yes, that Fujifilm. They make drugs too.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:17 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
That’s better
Hey brother, good to see you.

We live in the age of being called a heretic for questioning anything. That said the world would be so much better off on all levels if we could just remove China, period. I know it’s not PC but you simply can’t contest the statement. All anyone can do is call you names for doing it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the government came out and said "tell you what guys - we're gonna fast-track the hell out of some of this stuff w/ known drug combinations because we're pretty sure in a month's time we'll have developed therapeutic treatment protocols that will kick the balls out of this thing. AND we're gonna issue no-guarantee loans (i.e. loans backed by the gov't that don't require personal guarantees from the business owners) sufficient to cover 30 days of operating costs for non-essential businesses. Just do us a favor and stay inside for the next month so we can keep as many people healthy as possible in the interim..."

I'd turn our lights off and go home tomorrow. As it stands, I can't do any of that. I'm learning how to do shit well below my pay grade right now because I figure there's gonna be the three folks that own this ****ing place coming in 20 hours/day trying to scrimp as much revenue together as we can for the next 3 months.

Goddamn guys - just articulate a plan.
I feel ya man. I just closed on a new practice a few months ago. We’ve been churning and burning and just kicking and then this happens

We’ll get thru it. One day at a time brother.

I’m going to emergencies only for the next week or two because the hospitals ain’t got time to deal with tooth aches right now. If anyone on here is in my area and has a tooth ache, hit me up. I’ll be in the office. Hell I’ll even give you a chiefsplanet discount

(Not you Sauto you pay double)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
One of my buddies I went to college with and am close with is in cancer research at Ku med. Dude is really a sharp mofo.

I talked to him the other day about this and how they’re predicting this and that.

He said “the whole fucking worlds science community is taking aim at that little fucking virus and they’re all United, it doesn’t stand a chance”

Everyone is full steam on this thing. They’ve started potentially producing prophylactic antibody treatments already. We got it serology down now. It’s fucked
The two smartest guys I've probably ever known are a guy that aced both his ACT and SAT then went to Rose-Hulman to make 1/3 of what he could make in the private sector studying some extremely technical and boring sounding stuff, and then my roommate in college who was laughably smart, built like a truck, ridiculously good looking and the most introverted guy in the world who went to Arizona to get his PhD and become a food chemist.

World's full of smart people and when they put their minds to something, they'll fuck it right up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 03-18-2020
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/s...087917056?s=21

BREAKING: Ford says it is ready to possibly start producing medical ventilators to help deal with coronavirus crisis

— The Spectator Index (@spectatorindex) March 18, 2020

[Reply]
Strongside 10:23 PM 03-18-2020
Anything to save that miserable stock price.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:26 PM 03-18-2020
****ing science, man.

And seriously - if I hear anyone else bitch about calling this the "Chinese Flu" I'm gonna kick 'em in the dick.

Had the west known 2 months ago what they know now, this shit flat doesn't happen. A little public shaming is more than in order.
The world writ large oughta send these assholes the bill similar to how we wrapped up WWI (let's not consider its repercussions).

The response to this disease once we recognized it's significance has to be something similar to how the space race went for those who are old enough to remember it.

This stuff is coming at a breakneck pace and it's a remarkable testament to our scientific community.
China's suppression of the existence outbreak absolutely reflects poorly on them.

But when experts world wide started sounding the alarm mid January and early February they were mostly ignored.

I think history will judge America's initial head in the sand response harshly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 PM 03-18-2020
I feel ya man. I just closed on a new practice a few months ago. We’ve been churning and burning and just kicking and then this happens

We’ll get thru it. One day at a time brother.

I’m going to emergencies only for the next week or two because the hospitals ain’t got time to deal with tooth aches right now. If anyone on here is in my area and has a tooth ache, hit me up. I’ll be in the office. Hell I’ll even give you a chiefsplanet discount

(Not you Sauto you pay double)
I got so mad today I walked out of a meeting with "I didn't walk in here today to listen to a fat man cry..."

(spoiler tags added as it's long and almost entirely irrelevant in a thread that shouldn't be cluttered with long and irrelevant. My bad, fellas)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:31 PM 03-18-2020
****ing science, man.

And seriously - if I hear anyone else bitch about calling this the "Chinese Flu" I'm gonna kick 'em in the dick.

Had the west known 2 months ago what they know now, this shit flat doesn't happen. A little public shaming is more than in order.
The world writ large oughta send these assholes the bill similar to how we wrapped up WWI (let's not consider its repercussions).

The response to this disease once we recognized it's significance has to be something similar to how the space race went for those who are old enough to remember it.

This stuff is coming at a breakneck pace and it's a remarkable testament to our scientific community.
Amen!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:31 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
China's suppression of the existence outbreak absolutely reflects poorly on them.

But when experts world wide started sounding the alarm mid January and early February they were mostly ignored.

I think history will judge America's initial head in the sand response harshly.
Yea it’s America’s fault. History according China/CNN.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:32 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Fujifilm seems to have something that is pretty effective as well.

Yes, that Fujifilm. They make drugs too.
They developed a drug. Developed. (Looks around with satisfaction.)
[Reply]
Page 444 of 3903
« First < 344394434440441442443444 4454464474484544945449441444 > Last »
Up