ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 342 of 3903
« First < 242292332338339340341342 3433443453463523924428421342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:17 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Didn't someone say earlier in this thread chloroquine phosphate was only being used as an anti-inflammatory, not as a potential cure? This is why I dont believe anything I read...pretty much anywhere.
Hydroxychloroquine is normally used as a DMARD for rheumatoid arthritis. It reduces cytokine production (inflammation), which reduces autoimmune destruction of the joints.

If the antiautophagy aspects of the drug result in less cell destruction (and potentially viral release from infected cells--I'm speculating here) then you might reduce the circulating viral load.

The exact mechanism of chloroquine/hydroxycholoroquine is still somewhat unknown.

Chloroquine has never been used as an antiviral. From its known mechanism, it may help someone ride out the storm, but some heretofore unknown MOA is possible, but unlikely
[Reply]
Donger 05:21 PM 03-16-2020
First participant in coronavirus vaccine trial given dose

A novel coronavirus vaccine trial in the US has now given a dose to its first participant, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced Monday.
[Reply]
Fish 05:21 PM 03-16-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:21 PM 03-16-2020
The gas station down the street has no gas until April 2.
[Reply]
jjjayb 05:22 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
thats without widespread testing too.
Great. When they do widespread testing they'll see there are a shit ton more cases that aren't being counted. That will be good news because it will lower the mortality rate. The mortality rate looks artificially high because you're more apt to test people that are critically sick which will skew the numbers. When it's all said and done the mortality rate will be much lower than what we think it is now.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:23 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The gas station down the street has no gas until April 2.
The fuck? That's a bloody nuisance.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:23 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:25 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

A novel coronavirus vaccine trial in the US has now given a dose to its first participant, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced Monday.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:28 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The fuck? That's a bloody nuisance.
Technically they're not "out of gas" but the pump area is all "under construction."

But I've lived in this area for years and can't remember seeing that gas station like this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:30 PM 03-16-2020
Heh, already looked into that. I buy a few rolls of those really cheap PTs every winter in preparation for the upcoming fpring fishing trips I usually take, and instead of bringing rolls of TP and rolls of PT, it's just more convenient to bring a roll of PT and cut the thing in half; one roll for PT, and one for your butt.

I looked to be sure, but yeah, I've got 5 rolls of cheap PT in the garage. Maybe I'll sell them on Ebay for $100/each . . .
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:31 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Hydroxychloroquine is normally used as a DMARD for rheumatoid arthritis. It reduces cytokine production (inflammation), which reduces autoimmune destruction of the joints.

If the antiautophagy aspects of the drug result in less cell destruction (and potentially viral release from infected cells--I'm speculating here) then you might reduce the circulating viral load.

The exact mechanism of chloroquine/hydroxycholoroquine is still somewhat unknown.

Chloroquine has never been used as an antiviral. From its known mechanism, it may help someone ride out the storm, but some heretofore unknown MOA is possible, but unlikely

This sounds hopeful and both of these drugs are dirt cheap and in high supply supposedly.

Originally Posted by :
Australian researchers on Monday claimed to have found two drugs — an HIV and an anti-malaria medicines — to treat novel coronavirus which has claimed five lives and infected over 350 others in the country.

University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research Director David Paterson told news.com.au that the two drugs, which were used in test tubes, stopped coronavirus in its tracks and a clinical trial on humans was ready to begin.

One of the two medications is an HIV drug, and the other is an anti-malaria drug called chloroquine.

Paterson said one of the medications had been administered to some of the first few COVID-19 patients in Australia, and that they had completely recovered after all signs of the virus "disappeared". "It's a potentially effective treatment. Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy," said Paterson, an infectious disease physician at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

[Reply]
Bwana 05:32 PM 03-16-2020
Does the recipe come with a Plumber?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:33 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

MASH episode. Everyone has the flu.

Hawk and Margaret get a vaccine

Hawkeye says "You know the shot for the flu--it works. I got it"
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:34 PM 03-16-2020
Sorry. Very political. But give it a rest people. More things to worry about.

the "Chinese Virus"??? Are you fucking kidding me? https://t.co/8kPDx8QE3B

— Kendall Rae�� (@KendallRaeOnYT) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
dirk digler 05:36 PM 03-16-2020
I noticed half the deaths are from Washington, probably from that nursing home.
[Reply]
Page 342 of 3903
« First < 242292332338339340341342 3433443453463523924428421342 > Last »
Up