ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3779 of 3903
« First < 2779327936793729376937753776377737783779 3780378137823783378938293879 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:10 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hospitalizations trending back up around here. As is the positivity rate.
We're back at a high risk level in Colorado for some reason. This makes me unhappy.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:31 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
the vaccines finally crapped out?
Just like last year, it makes sense that we'll see a bit of a surge as people start spending more time together inside. Hopefully nowhere near to the scale as last year though.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 11-10-2021
At some point, there's just no where for this thing to go. Surely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
the vaccines finally crapped out?
I have 4 family members and/or friends with COVID right now. I know of 3 others that have had it recently, including one person who died.

All of them were vaccinated. A bit concerning to say the least.

And FTR, I'm vaccinated. I'd just like to know I'm PROTECTED and right now, I'm skeptical.
[Reply]
TLO 11:30 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have 4 family members and/or friends with COVID right now. I know of 3 others that have had it recently, including one person who died.

And FTR, I'm vaccinated. I'd just like to know I'm PROTECTED and right now, I'm skeptical.
How old was the person that died, just out of curiosity?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
How old was the person that died, just out of curiosity?
57 and in decent health. No real underlying health conditions, at least not that I know of.

That being said, I have no idea which shots everybody got. I know of one person who was over it in a couple of days that was vaccinated, as well, so that's definitely better news.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:00 PM 11-10-2021
57 and in decent health. No real underlying health conditions, at least not that I know of.

Wow, that's really unusual in a vaccinated person. I hate to ask, but are you sure they were vaccinated and not faking it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow, that's really unusual in a vaccinated person. I hate to ask, but are you sure they were vaccinated and not faking it?
100% certain. His daughter is my cousin and she's a nurse. She actually gave him the shot.
[Reply]
NotDonger 12:04 PM 11-10-2021
Apologies if this has already been posted:

Pfizer says its booster shot has 95.6% efficacy against COVID-19 amid the Delta variant

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfiz...-delta-2021-10

Fully vaccinated people who received a booster dose of Pfizer's shot in a large trial were at much lower risk of catching COVID-19, the company said Thursday.

This group was at a 95.6% lower risk of catching COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people who received a dummy vaccine, called a placebo, instead of the booster, the company said.

It reported no safety concerns from the trial.

"These are the first efficacy results from any randomized, controlled COVID-19 vaccine booster trial," Pfizer said in the press release, adding that it planned to submit the data to health authorities.

The results were from a late stage trial of more than 10,000 people aged 16 or older.

Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in the statement: "These results provide further evidence of the benefits of boosters as we aim to keep people well-protected against this disease."

Pfizer's vaccine is already authorized as a booster in the US and UK for people at high risk of COVID-19.

To get the 95.6% figure, the researchers compared how many people in the booster group got COVID-19 with the number of people in the placebo group that caught the virus.

There were five cases of COVID-19 in the "boosted group" and 109 cases in the "non-boosted group" during the study period, Pfizer said.

Pfizer said that the booster provided the same amount of protection across all age groups. About half of people in the trial were aged 16 to 55, and just under a quarter were 65 and older, it said.

The researchers looked at whether people got COVID-19 with symptoms from seven days after the booster. They followed up after two and a half months on average, so we still don't know how long booster protection from Pfizer's shot lasts.

The results of the trial haven't been published or scrutinized by other experts.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 PM 11-10-2021
100% certain. His daughter is my cousin and she's a nurse. She actually gave him the shot.
Well, that doesn't make me feel good. And I'm sorry for the guy, too. That's not fair.
[Reply]
TLO 12:12 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Apologies if this has already been posted:

Pfizer says its booster shot has 95.6% efficacy against COVID-19 amid the Delta variant

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfiz...-delta-2021-10

Fully vaccinated people who received a booster dose of Pfizer's shot in a large trial were at much lower risk of catching COVID-19, the company said Thursday.

This group was at a 95.6% lower risk of catching COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people who received a dummy vaccine, called a placebo, instead of the booster, the company said.

It reported no safety concerns from the trial.

"These are the first efficacy results from any randomized, controlled COVID-19 vaccine booster trial," Pfizer said in the press release, adding that it planned to submit the data to health authorities.

The results were from a late stage trial of more than 10,000 people aged 16 or older.

Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in the statement: "These results provide further evidence of the benefits of boosters as we aim to keep people well-protected against this disease."

Pfizer's vaccine is already authorized as a booster in the US and UK for people at high risk of COVID-19.

To get the 95.6% figure, the researchers compared how many people in the booster group got COVID-19 with the number of people in the placebo group that caught the virus.

There were five cases of COVID-19 in the "boosted group" and 109 cases in the "non-boosted group" during the study period, Pfizer said.

Pfizer said that the booster provided the same amount of protection across all age groups. About half of people in the trial were aged 16 to 55, and just under a quarter were 65 and older, it said.

The researchers looked at whether people got COVID-19 with symptoms from seven days after the booster. They followed up after two and a half months on average, so we still don't know how long booster protection from Pfizer's shot lasts.

The results of the trial haven't been published or scrutinized by other experts.
I'm getting one along with the rest of my family on Friday.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, that doesn't make me feel good. And I'm sorry for the guy, too. That's not fair.
Like I said though, at the other end of the spectrum I had an immediate family member that had symptoms for all of 48 hours or so and was never very sick, just inconvenienced. Like a bad cold.
[Reply]
TLO 12:49 PM 11-10-2021

How well do boosters protect versus severe disease across age groups?
Updated Israel data via @jsm2334, from @IsraelMOH
Benefit seen 16+ pic.twitter.com/NosotG5x6z

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) November 10, 2021

[Reply]
Otter 01:20 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I had a shoulder injury from mountain biking and was in hospital not too long ago. Tested positive for the kung flu and to be honest, I couldn't even tell I was sick outside of having to clear my throat every once in awhile. My brother was the same way.

I'm not vaccinated and neither was my brother.

This is not a statement on pro or anti vax but simply information. It's a weird, unpredictable disease.
I do realize this is a pathogen much more than a disease but my proof reading is minimal on the intraweb.

Think of my credibility on this subject right up there with Claynus's source.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:17 PM 11-10-2021

Oh, I don't think we are. I had covid last year and have two shots of Pfizer. I run around as though I'm invincible (no masks, around large groups of people regularly), although I fully understand that I am not. As covid continues to mutate, I'm sure I'll get hit again. I simply assume my body is about as ready to fight it off as it can be and I'll likely be unable to tell if I'm even infected. It's the same reason I get the flu shot annually.
[Reply]
Page 3779 of 3903
« First < 2779327936793729376937753776377737783779 3780378137823783378938293879 > Last »
Up