ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 192
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:52 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Holy fuck. Brown is fucking people up so far, but some dipsticks feel the need to shit on him? Are you serious? He's going to earn yet another All-Pro berth, but some dumb CPers are going to shade him, in spite of the fact that Mahomes hasn't been sacked from his side yet.

fucking retards.
Talking about an area of his game that could improve is not the same thing as shitting on him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:00 AM 08-29-2021
I watched the 1st team snaps again last night. I only caught Brown getting “beat” by a speed rush 1x - and he was able to get hands on and push the rusher’s arc deeper than Mahomes’ drop. (This was on an intermediate pass over the middle to Robinson on the second drive).

I’m not seeing this “repeatedly beaten by speed rush” thing… or did people mean in earlier action?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:20 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I watched the 1st team snaps again last night. I only caught Brown getting “beat” by a speed rush 1x - and he was able to get hands on and push the rusher’s arc deeper than Mahomes’ drop. (This was on an intermediate pass over the middle to Robinson on the second drive).

I’m not seeing this “repeatedly beaten by speed rush” thing… or did people mean in earlier action?
Sure this has been covered ad nauseam, but why was he moved off LT in Baltimore?
[Reply]
R Clark 07:32 AM 08-29-2021
He wasn’t, he was a right tackle that got moved to left because of injury
[Reply]
Coogs 07:34 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Sure this has been covered ad nauseam, but why was he moved off LT in Baltimore?
I could be wrong, but I don't think he was ever moved off of LT. They have had Stanley at LT for several years, and Brown went to RT when he was drafted. Stanley got hurt last year, and Brown moved over to play the position. Ravens wanted him to go back to RT so they could leave Stanley at RT.

Could be off, but that is the way I remember it.
[Reply]
-King- 07:44 AM 08-29-2021

I saw it the first 2 games but didn't see it at all really the Vikings game
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:52 AM 08-29-2021
I think there’s going to have to be some adjustments as fans. Orlando doesn’t win like fish won, it’s not going to look the same. But as long as he’s not losing who cares.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:58 AM 08-29-2021

Because people have absolutely no fucking clue what they are looking at
[Reply]
TRR 08:13 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think there’s going to have to be some adjustments as fans. Orlando doesn’t win like fish won, it’s not going to look the same. But as long as he’s not losing who cares.
That’s exactly right. Completely different player, strengths and weaknesses. Brown was never asked to take sets in Baltimore like he occasionally will need to in KC. Brown will be much better towards the back half of the season purely based on more reps doing what he hasn’t previously.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:18 AM 08-29-2021

He certainly doesn’t. I watched the Arizona game again this morning. Again, no blow bys on a speed rush.

But one thing that was consistent was that if Brown got both hands on someone, it was over. He’s not going to get bullrushed into Mahomes’ lap like Fisher occasionally did, either.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:20 AM 08-29-2021
He certainly doesn’t. I watched the Arizona game again this morning. Again, no blow bys on a speed rush.

But one thing that was consistent was that if Brown got both hands on someone, it was over. He’s not going to get bullrushed into Mahomes’ lap like Fisher occasionally did, either.
Even when he just gets one hand on them it’s an 80% chance they’re out of the play lol. Guys YUUUUGE.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 AM 08-29-2021
The starting OL didn't give up a single sack in preseason, did they?

We have to be happy.
[Reply]
YayMike 08:31 AM 08-29-2021
Even when he just gets one hand on them it’s an 80% chance they’re out of the play lol. Guys YUUUUGE.
Proof by his 30lb 6 month old! My daughter is 6 YEARS old and only weighs 39lbs….
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:32 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The starting OL didn't give up a single sack in preseason, did they?

We have to be happy.
Ecstatic.

The line rebuild was even better than I thought.

I think the first big test will be how the right side of the line holds up against a defensive front that plays a lot of games with stunts and twists. Hopefully those guys keep communicating and handing off well.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:37 AM 08-29-2021
Yeah — that Browns game will be a damn test.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 192
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up