ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 598 of 3903
« First < 98498548588594595596597598 59960060160260864869810981598 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Outside of ground beef and a few other things, including toilet paper, I'm stocked up for a month.

What's really helping is that friends are texting from the various stores around town, letting others know who has what in stock at that particular time. It's been working out pretty well the past few days but I'd really like to get a few more things so that I don't need to leave the house for goods for the next 30 days. If that fails, I may drive 30-60 miles inland to see if it's any better there but it's probably just as big of a crapshoot as it is around here.

I'm not worried about myself and my wife has been able to get the food she likes and cooks from Trader Joe's, so it's really about my kids. We're doing our best to downplay this entire situation so that they're not psychologically affected and a big part of that is getting the type of food and brands they're used to eating daily and weekly. That's the been the biggest hurdle so far but I was able to get Oscar Mayer hot dogs, salami, baloney and other things today that will last a couple of weeks if we spread them out.
PM your address and I'll send you some TP to help you get by.
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:43 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I don't need to ask one. What qualifies you to make this statement?
Because I spoke to one just 3 days ago about this.
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:46 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
80% of cases now are mild. It is the 20% who do not have mild symptoms that is driving this crisis. The virus is highly transmissible and even 20% serious cases represents millions of patients with the likelihood of our health care system being over run. Why do you think going from 20% problematic cases to 20% represents a game changer?
I was not clear. I should have stated that we are not treating every case with this method, just the severe/critical ones right off the bat. The mild cases don't require treatment.
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:48 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Pretty sure you just did though.
I had an in depth conversation about this 3 days ago. I come from a family of pharmacists/medical professionals in case you are wondering, I didn't just call up some random person.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:49 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
I had an in depth conversation about this 3 days ago. I come from a family of pharmacists/medical professionals in case you are wondering, I didn't just call up some random person.
I'm not sure who you spoke to, but both those medications are associated with QT prolongation

Please don't take hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) plus Azithromycin for #COVID19 UNLESS your doctor prescribes it. Both drugs affect the QT interval of your heart and can lead to arrhythmias and sudden death, especially if you are taking other meds or have a heart condition.

— Dr. Edsel Salvana (@EdselSalvana) March 21, 2020

I linked this a page or so back.

Plaquenil is also associated with hypoglycemia.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:51 PM 03-21-2020
Another option for those having trouble finding things. Hit up Menards if you have them in your area. They carry food, milk, frozen items, etc. (at least ours do). Just trying to help out.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:51 PM 03-21-2020

The first national projection of the #COVID19 pandemic’s potential cost to 200 million Americans in the commercial market. @CoveredCA estimates the cost of testing, treatment and care could hit $271B and premiums could rise 40% in 2021 w/o federal action. https://t.co/5nbjknmfOP

— Covered California News (@CoveredCAnews) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
AustinChief 09:52 PM 03-21-2020
I'm not sure who you spoke to, but both those medications are associated with QT prolongation

I linked this a page or so back.
Yes and that is a MINISCULE risk associated with both. But the point this tweet is making is valid, you should have your MD prescribe the medication (and have a pharmacist double check your meds) just in case there is going to be a significant increased risk. In most cases this won't be an issue, but people should not go around self medicating regardless.

And the person I spoke to is a pharmacist (degree in clinical pharmacology) who has been practicing over 45 years.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:53 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I stated earlier today, I went out shopping for groceries and went to three Ralphs supermarkets and two Super Targets.

I didn’t see even one instance of people acting like “teenage girls”. People waited in line outside, six feet apart, as to properly Social Distance. Once we were allowed to shop, there was no hysteria, no one running like mad through aisles, no one acting out. People were acting completely normal, minding their own business and shopping.

When I came home, my street was packed with people walking, jogging and cycling towards Lake Hollywood. There was far less Social Distancing but people were acting normal.

I’ve been getting reports of friends and families furloughed, laid off and losing jobs altogether and in every instance, I haven’t heard one person tell me that we as a society are overreacting. People are trying to figure out what’s next but there hasn’t been any hysteria, yet.

The biggest test will come 30 days from now...
Agreed. I haven't run into anyone publicly in Kansas City acting unreasonable, yet. Just my experience though.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:54 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
If we cut our military in half, just think of how much money for emergencies like this we would have....
[Reply]
SupDock 09:57 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Yes and that is a MINISCULE risk associated with both. But the point this tweet is making is valid, you should have your MD prescribe the medication (and have a pharmacist double check your meds) just in case there is going to be a significant increased risk. In most cases this won't be an issue, but people should not go around self medicating regardless.
A small risk with both that becomes a bigger risk when combined.

I would be astonished if we see significant outpatient prescribing of this combination in the near future.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:59 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
So how do you all feel about KC going shelter in place on Tuesday. I'm shocked that they are going to enforce it as a misdemeanor, fine, and jail time.
I'm a little disappointed I'm going to have to go to Lawrence, KS or St Joseph to golf.
[Reply]
AustinChief 10:01 PM 03-21-2020
A small risk with both that becomes a bigger risk when combined.

I would be astonished if we see significant outpatient prescribing of this combination in the near future.
That risk is still ridiculously small.

I sincerely hope you are wrong. For the sake of argument let's say it is limited to inpatient care use only. Now, let's say it has 80% effectiveness in a 6 day span. At that point ,given that supply is not an issue, and it should not be at that point in time or slightly beyond, would you be ok with business as usual (with certain conditions that I pointed out) starting April 1st?

If not why not?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:01 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If we cut our military in half, just think of how much money for emergencies like this we would have....
people will be screaming this for ages and I can't agree more.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:02 PM 03-21-2020

Parks in Phoenix area, rest of Arizona experiencing overcrowdinghttps://t.co/HlcJgUTp6N pic.twitter.com/8OjtmUO6DX

— azfamily 3TV CBS 5 (@azfamily) March 21, 2020

[Reply]
Page 598 of 3903
« First < 98498548588594595596597598 59960060160260864869810981598 > Last »
Up