ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 448 of 3903
« First < 348398438444445446447448 4494504514524584985489481448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:44 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It would help if it wasn't raining pretty much everyday so far this week.

Good advice. Definitely gonna a take a walk around the neighborhood or do something in the yard.
Agreed but even on cloudy days you will still get vitamin D. It just takes a bit longer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:48 AM 03-19-2020
Do we have time to run Wasp?
[Reply]
stumppy 06:52 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Also some key things that are not being said that you really need to be doing as you stay cooped up inside....

1. At least once a day regardless of weather, open a window for a minimum of 20 minutes to swap out bad air with good

2. If you have recently been sick, change your air filter

3. Get outside, especially if it is sunny, for at least 20 minutes to get some vitamin D. 20 minutes in the sun will generate roughly 3 days of vitamin d in your system
Good points pete. :-)
[Reply]
Hog Rider 06:58 AM 03-19-2020
Also some key things that are not being said that you really need to be doing as you stay cooped up inside....

1. At least once a day regardless of weather, open a window for a minimum of 20 minutes to swap out bad air with good

2. If you have recently been sick, change your air filter

3. Get outside, especially if it is sunny, for at least 20 minutes to get some vitamin D. 20 minutes in the sun will generate roughly 3 days of vitamin d in your system
Fresh air has been shown to mitigate the effects of the flu, I would think it would also impact C-19. Maybe part of the reason flus don't prosper when people get outside more in warmer weather. FWIW
[Reply]
Spott 06:58 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Do we have time to run Wasp?
Always.
[Reply]
Spott 07:04 AM 03-19-2020
This shit is getting out of hand. People need to calm the fuck down a bit. The world isn't ending. This isn't The Walking Dead. It would help if the media wasn't on 24/7 freak out mode.
I’ve watched a lot of zombie movies, but now I realize they all had it completely wrong. Not once did I see a mention of toilet paper as a way to ward off zombies in the apocalypse.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:05 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Went to the store early again this morning. Still no chicken, but I got the last remaining package of ground pork, some ground beef (limit one) and a couple of packs of hot dogs. Feel like I hit the ****ing lotto. Woohoo.
I didn't have any trouble finding meat yesterday, but some of the cuts were a bit sparse. The number of people shopping was actually at a normal level and rather than waiting 45 minutes at checkout, it was a 5 minute transaction.

People in the store shopping even seemed a lot more relaxed and cordial than when I was in there last Friday. Even the cashier was in a good mood and we were throwing smartass one liners back and forth, she was a hoot.

Anything cleaning supplies, TP, soups, etc. was still wiped out and nothing but a barren wasteland. Other than that, it was like going in there a year ago on the same date. I think people went in with guns a blazing about a week ago and stocked up like it was do or die and are now hunkered down.

I had to pick my folks up at the airport last night and it was very quiet up there. I also noticed traffic on the roads coming and going to the airport was very light, almost nonexistent. 10am traffic, looked like 3am traffic. With the bars and restaurants all on mandatory shutdown, (takeout still available on food) it cuts any traffic down to almost zero at night.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:18 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The 24/7 news cycle mixed with social media has made people think everything is so much worse than it actually is in general that an event like this brings out the worst.
Agreed. The news and mainly social media is the big problem here. All doom and gloom all the time. Every time someone mentions toilet paper being in stock people are scooping it up. I’ve removed probably 15-20 people from my social media due to them not calming down.

Both grocery stores yesterday were pretty bare. Picked up the last two breast packages of chicken. I did get chicken thighs, wings, legs, and a couple whole chickens so we’re going to be eating pretty good. There was no ground beef or turkey.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:18 AM 03-19-2020
Agreed but even on cloudy days you will still get vitamin D. It just takes a bit longer.
Thanks I'll definitely give it a shot
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:27 AM 03-19-2020

Too soon?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:34 AM 03-19-2020

“An increasing number of people aged 30 to 50 have been contracting the virus and becoming seriously ill” �� https://t.co/GFyU3homZE

— Scott (@Sneekyboy) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:37 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of anti-science folks out there who seem to have no concept of what science provides us on a daily basis.
I believe the bigger conflict is anyone who disagrees with what is claimed to be settled science, that isn't, is automatically called anti science.

Or that anyone who is religious is anti science, which isn't true.

In reality there is almost NOBODY in existance who doesn't believe in science, the idea is absurd.

Questioning scientific theory used to be how science was proven or disproven now you are just told to shut up and stop being anti science. Thats how shit ends up being wrong like the idea that modern man is only 13,000 years old or whatever so they stop digging below a certain level looking for artifacts when 100 ft below that is another entire civilization.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:39 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
This type of shit drives me nuts. No details, no background, just "an increasing number". If you don't have the actual data :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:39 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
What a piece of shit article
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:40 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
What a piece of shit article
Agree just thought I post it.
[Reply]
Page 448 of 3903
« First < 348398438444445446447448 4494504514524584985489481448 > Last »