ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 592 of 3903
« First < 92492542582588589590591592 59359459559660264269210921592 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:25 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
We would be providing for ourselves.
Come on. You know if it was that simple we would all be working now.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:27 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Do you have any idea what would happen if we all were working right now and everyone was going out partying? I just want to hear what you think would happen. I'm curious because i thought most ppl through logical thinking have moved on from this way of thinking.
It is math:

The only thing we have control over is how fast the infection spreads and how many ventilators we have access to. Otherwise it is:

Current infected x
Number of times daily infections double in 14 days =
Total Infected x
20% who require hospitalization x
25% who require life support =
Number who need ventilators -
Number of ventilators available x
90% unaided critical patients =
Total Deaths
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:27 PM 03-21-2020
Yeah, Dollar General and Dollar tree have been money for me. The only thing I haven't found is Lysol. I didn't need TP but they had it the other day. The drawback is that an employee coughed on me the other day.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:30 PM 03-21-2020
Not going to shock anyone but my old boss, who's Russian, told me he knows people who have the symptoms but can't get tested because the govt doesn't want to mess up the statistics.

[Reply]
BWillie 07:31 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
We are choosing to allow our elected officials to take away our individual rights to decide what is essential for our lives. I don’t know about you, but going to work everyday is essential to my existence. They are saying otherwise, like they some how know me and my life and can reasonably make that decision for me.

We are choosing to wreck the lives of the masses economically and through the loss of natural rights/civil liberties to save the lives of a few.

It absolutely is hysteria and overreaction.
Its good you apparently like what you do but I think that is a sad way to go thru life.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:32 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Consider yourself lucky to find hot dogs. The minute they started closing schools all the kid food disappeared almost instantly.
Yea, frozen pizzas, burritos, hell, even the lunchables were gone at the Walmart here.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:32 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Yeah, Dollar General and Dollar tree have been money for me. The only thing I haven't found is Lysol. I didn't need TP but they had it the other day. The drawback is that an employee coughed on me the other day.
Dollar store TP has to be brutal on the flow hole. John Wayne toilet paper if you will. It's rough, tough and doesn't take crap off of anybody.
[Reply]
TLO 07:32 PM 03-21-2020
Fauci hates all the conversations about the drugs they’re hoping work.

Every time they bring it up he does all he can not to roll his eyes.
Why though?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:32 PM 03-21-2020
FDA just approved a Coronavirus test that gives results in 45-mins.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...es/ar-BB11w5kY
[Reply]
eDave 07:33 PM 03-21-2020
Fauci is on in the background. Thought it was Larry David being interviewed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 PM 03-21-2020
Fauci hates all the conversations about the drugs they’re hoping work.

Every time they bring it up he does all he can not to roll his eyes.
the dude is the most important person on the planet right now. He knows all this forwards and backwards 10X over. He’s trained all the other infectious disease doctors. And he’s giving it to us straight.

There is not going to be a vaccine or cure for awhile. Long after this initial crisis is over.
[Reply]
TLO 07:34 PM 03-21-2020
I think we're going to see a lot of these "shelter in place" orders coming through for cities across the country this week.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
TP but getting coughed on doesn’t sound like a good trade off. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:38 PM 03-21-2020
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...smell-11961439

New study *suggests* that an early warning sign may be losing your sense of taste and smell. Just something to keep in mind for anyone who lives with an at risk person.

A person on another forum confirmed said he knows two people who tested positive and this happened to them.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:39 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Yea, frozen pizzas, burritos, hell, even the lunchables were gone at the Walmart here.
Yeah all the frozen Pizza's were gone here yesterday as well. I had stocked up deep on them the week before though. A guy is probably going to hang on 20 pounds by the time this thing is over. I guess it's time to knock the dust off the weights out in the garage.
[Reply]
Page 592 of 3903
« First < 92492542582588589590591592 59359459559660264269210921592 > Last »
Up