ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 542 of 3903
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 54354454554655259264210421542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:12 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
China's draconian lockdown is why they slowed the growth. Iran hasn't done anything remotely like that. They were in denial long after Italy admitted they have a problem. Multiple people high up in the Iranian govt have died. That's a really bad sign.

As I mentioned I wasn’t interested in whether they are lying or not as I don’t dispute they might be lying. But the reason cannot simply be they should have more than Italy because they “should” be at a certain number based on what we “know” since we don’t know much. Plenty of countries aren’t doing what China did and have still not had it nearly as bad as Italy so we can’t just use Italy as the automatic benchmark.
[Reply]
TLO 05:13 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
WHO message to youth on coronavirus: 'You are not invincible'
Coronavirus can sicken or kill young people as well and they must also avoid mingling and spreading it to older and more vulnerable people, the World Health Organization said on Friday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...rce=reddit.com
So are you just going to post this same thing every single day?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:15 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So are you just going to post this same thing every single day?
no that was the last one.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:15 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
Wives across the country are gonna be happy that honey do lists are gonna be completed in next couple weeks?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
A new generation of babies will be born beginning 9 months from now and they will be forever known as................wait for it..............Coronials

I`m here all week
[Reply]
DaFace 05:16 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is anyone else ordering food/dinner from local restaurants? I've got plenty of food frozen, but I've decided to order out at least four times a week. We had a 1,454% increase in unemployment claims in Colorado. Maybe work together to try to mitigate the impact on local restaurants?
Yep. Hitting up our local brewery for take out food and brews tonight.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:16 PM 03-20-2020
Is anyone else ordering food/dinner from local restaurants? I've got plenty of food frozen, but I've decided to order out at least four times a week. We had a 1,454% increase in unemployment claims in Colorado. Maybe work together to try to mitigate the impact on local restaurants?
I think that you're doing what you can to support your local economy. I agree and support your decision. I'm not going to do it b/c I'm high risk, and every time I would eat takeout I'm probably getting exposed to 2-3 other people.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:16 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
A new generation of babies will be born beginning 9 months from now and they will be forever known as................wait for it..............Coronials

I`m here all week
Virals?
[Reply]
TLO 05:17 PM 03-20-2020
Yes. I'm trying to support as many local restaurants as I can right now. Is this a safe thing to do? I've wondered that about getting food from an establishment.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:17 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Only a 110-year-old with a good memory of their childhood has been through something like this.
I'd never put the pieces together, but I knew that my grandfather had a brother who died as a young child. I always assumed that he was stillborn or it was some "normal" childhood illness, but I learned this week that he died in the Spanish Flu epidemic. Apparently my great-grandmother was very sick with it and didn't know he had died until after he was buried.

I did remember the same great-grandmother going to check on their neighbors on the next farm since no one had heard from them in a while, and when she went to their house the entire family was dead.

It must've been a heckuva thing. 1918 is the only year in the 20th century when America's total population declined http://demographia.com/db-uspop1900.htm.
[Reply]
TLO 05:21 PM 03-20-2020
Great googily moogily

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330037
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:22 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
So they stand packed together at the door waiting to go in?
I drove by a Trader Joe’s today and the line was long to get in, but the people seemed to be keeping distance from one another.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:22 PM 03-20-2020
Yes. I've been eating "out" so as to not kill my food stash at home.

Learn to work the value menus.

You can save a lot of $$$ eating fast food if you know how to game it. For exmaple:

A Panda Express 3-Item plate can feed 3 people, even though a lot of people will eat that all by themselves. That's a meal for less than $10. Here's how:

1. A 3-Item plate costs LESS than a Large Entree, and you get a side with it (i.e Chow Mein). So if you plan on using their prepared meat, it's actually better if you purchase the combo. You get the same amount of meat.

2. Just cook your rice at home. For my family of 3, all we need is 1 cup of rice.

Divide up the Chow Mein and the rice into 3rds (if you're 3) and each person also gets a serving of meat.

Your home made rice + Chow Mein + Meat Entree = 1 "Panda Bowl" (or 1-item plate).

The difference in cost however is $24 vs $10.

A lot of these places can be had like that as they often give you TOO much.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:26 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes. I've been eating "out" so as to not kill my food stash at home.

Learn to work the value menus.

You can save a lot of $$$ eating fast food if you know how to game it. For exmaple:

A Panda Express 3-Item plate can feed 3 people, even though a lot of people will eat that all by themselves. That's a meal for less than $10. Here's how:

1. A 3-Item plate costs LESS than a Large Entree, and you get a side with it (i.e Chow Mein). So if you plan on using their prepared meat, it's actually better if you purchase the combo. You get the same amount of meat.

2. Just cook your rice at home. For my family of 3, all we need is 1 cup of rice.

Divide up the Chow Mein and the rice into 3rd (if you're 3) and each person also gets a serving of meat.

Your home made rice + Chow Mein + Meat Entree = 1 "Panda Bowl" (or 1-item plate).

The difference in cost however is $24 vs $10.

A lot of these places can be had like that as they often give you TOO much.
We have been purchasing takeout, and gift cards for various businesses. They may not be servicing people now, but purchasing a gift card can give them much needed cash in this tough time, and I can later redeem for services.
[Reply]
kstater 05:26 PM 03-20-2020
Just spent what I typically would in a pay period on a gift card at the brewery down street from me. Plus bought some crowlers of some barrel aged stuff they brought out for the "occasion"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:27 PM 03-20-2020
GameStop an "essential" business?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/tech/...ess/index.html

Originally Posted by :
GameStop locations are still open in several states that have ordered non-essential retail to close, including New York and New Jersey. Starting Friday, the video game retailer began to close stores in California and Pennsylvania. California has been under a statewide shelter-in-place order since Thursday evening.

The company argues it is "essential" because it offers mice and keyboards that could help people work from home. GameStop told CNN Business in a statement that "we are one of many providers of these products that are remaining open at this time." But it didn't comment on why it must remain open if other stores are also providing those items.

[Reply]
Page 542 of 3903
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 54354454554655259264210421542 > Last »
Up