ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 490 of 3903
« First < 390440480486487488489490 4914924934945005405909901490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 06:10 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
The overwhelming majority of people under 65 that don’t have an underlying condition don’t need to go to the hospital for this.
That's not true at all. As has been posted in this thread and reported in the media, people between 20 and 54 (going on memory) make up a significant number of people hospitalized.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:11 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is not even remotely true.

It's believed the hospitalization rate for this virus is around 10%.

This was a bad flu season and the hospitalization rate for the flu was 0.00061%.
Solid post.

The mortality rate may stay “low” but many cases of this require hospitalization for full recovery. If the case number spikes and the hospitals can’t manage this treatment, more people die. Hope that isn’t your loved one who can’t receive care when the hospitals are overwhelmed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:13 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't no but I have friends who work in hospitals. They know way more than you or I and they keep me informed.

Use a little common sense. You think our politicians are closing every thing down for fun?
Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina may be doing it so he can get rich off of short sales. But I presume that there are others who are doing it for legitimate reasons.

Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina is a piece of **** and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:13 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Hey, think of his 401k will ya?
This isn’t about my 401k, asshole. I’m going to be fine.

This is about those that won’t be fine and can’t afford to be out of work for any amount of time.
[Reply]
tk13 06:17 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
This isn’t about my 401k, asshole. I’m going to be fine.

This is about those that won’t be fine and can’t afford to be out of work for any amount of time.
There's no way around this. We either pay now, or pay later. We're so stubborn though that we may end up doing both.

What's your alternative? Just let it spread and infect millions of people? It's pretty clear at this point that this thing is fairly contagious. If you let it infect 75-100 million people you're talking millions of people in the hospital. How's that going to work? That's going to ruin people's lives either way.
[Reply]
O.city 06:17 PM 03-19-2020
All these celebrities and nba guys testing positive with no symptoms

I think this shit is everywhere and the majority is asymptomatic which is good
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
That's not true at all. As has been posted in this thread and reported in the media, people between 20 and 54 (going on memory) make up a significant number of people hospitalized.
posted the CDC report and a article hour or so ago

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/18/...ot-invincible/
[Reply]
petegz28 06:22 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Could be and yes that would be, sorta.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:26 PM 03-19-2020
Right on the heels of the Lakers news.

Is he seriously sick?

Is he in a hospital?

The media reporting on every case of a high profile athlete being diagnosed with COVID-19 as “breaking news” is just adding to the hysteria.

Virtually every athlete who has been diagnosed with the virus has had minor or no symptoms.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:29 PM 03-19-2020
What's your alternative? Just let it spread and infect millions of people? It's pretty clear at this point that this thing is fairly contagious. If you let it infect 75-100 million people you're talking millions of people in the hospital. How's that going to work? That's going to ruin people's lives either way.
Herd immunity.

Allow the vast majority of the population who will have minor or no symptoms to COVID-19 to build a communal immunity to the virus through exposure and in the meantime target the social distancing to just the high risk group.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:36 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Is he seriously sick?

Is he in a hospital?

The media reporting on every case of a high profile athlete being diagnosed with COVID-19 as “breaking news” is just adding to the hysteria.

Virtually every athlete who has been diagnosed with the virus has had minor or no symptoms.
He falls down at the slightest hint of contact, is loss of balance a symptom?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:37 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't no but I have friends who work in hospitals. They know way more than you or I and they keep me informed.

Use a little common sense. You think our politicians are closing every thing down for fun?
No kidding they know more than us. I never said they were shutting things down for fun. I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread that well. Been busy lining up a funeral for a friend of mine who killed himself.

So I figured if you had numbers to go with what you said, I would like to see them. So I can start getting caught up with everyone else.

So get fucked, for your common sense comment.
[Reply]
neech 06:37 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It has a lot to do with all of the people who bought/buy into the entire "Fake news" bullshit.
You mean like the Russia hoax and the Ukraine hoax?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:38 PM 03-19-2020

Here is what I don't understand, I know for a fact in Missouri you won't get tested unless you are not only showing symptoms but have been potentially exposed to another person who is a positive test. We had a discussion with the Missouri health department today because we have to keep our facility up and running.

So how are all these asymptomatic people getting tested?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:38 PM 03-19-2020

I don't think it's "good" if it's everywhere because millions of at-risk people being exposed will put a major strain on our already strained healthcare system.

And not for nothing, comparing the average 65-85 year old to 20-something year old kids that are serious freaks of nature, is a poor comp.
[Reply]
Page 490 of 3903
« First < 390440480486487488489490 4914924934945005405909901490 > Last »
Up