ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2103 of 2683
« First < 1103160320032053209320992100210121022103 21042105210621072113215322032603 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:39 PM 10-12-2021
A lot of idiots don't look at things with open eyes. Out of the six interceptions half of them were not his fault. Especially the Kemp and Hill ones.

And the fact that people are pissing and moaning about Pat when he leads the league in TD's and QBR is fecking hilarious!!..oh and Jimmy Johnson is 78 years old..of course he wants a white, 6'5 qb with a big arm over Pat..what else could we possibly expect? :-)
[Reply]
Iconic 05:54 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS

I hate it but oh my god this is the funniest shit I have ever seen :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 10-13-2021
oof...rookie shit here

A sign that Mahomes was pressing:

7-man protection, only 3 players out on a route. Plenty of time in clean pocket

Mahomes waits and waits for a window to throw DRob's corner-post, but it's covered

Has to bite the bullet at some point and check down to Tyreek in left flat pic.twitter.com/AUsVpaNpdC

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 10-13-2021
Yeah, I mean, we're beating a dead horse at this point.

The offense was borderline bad on Sunday night. It was certainly bad by Chiefs standards but in relation to the rest of the league, that was a sub-average offensive performance by the Chiefs.

And yes, by Patrick Mahomes as well.

I don't remember EVER seeing that before. Sometimes the offense has sputtered but our triggerman has never been the reason why. He's also had some iffy halves here and there before getting things dialed in.

But he was pretty much bad from his overthrow to Kelce on the first drive to his final fumble when he just flat dropped a snap.

Rough rough outing for our boy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 10-13-2021
He's gotta chill tf out.

I'd take a 6 yard hitch to Hill 1-on-1 with the CB ANY DAY over a fucking slow developing route downfield to Robinson.

Honestly, I think Hill has a better chance of housing his set up than Robinson.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:43 PM 10-13-2021
NOT TO MENTION, there is no better way to get teams to break out of their deep looks than by hitting that underneath stuff.

How many times will a CB let Mahomes connect with Hill there for 8-15 yards a pop before they naturally start to cheat up and jump on the short stuff? Then you can hit them over the top.

He just wasn't playing smart on Sunday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:46 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
NOT TO MENTION, there is no better way to get teams to break out of their deep looks than by hitting that underneath stuff.

How many times will a CB let Mahomes connect with Hill there for 8-15 yards a pop before they naturally start to cheat up and jump on the short stuff? Then you can hit them over the top.

He just wasn't playing smart on Sunday.
I think the team as a whole was in their own heads from the jump for that game. I don’t know if it’s that they believe they better than they are or what. I think Mahomes is starting to get worried about his turnovers though.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:54 PM 10-13-2021
His pocket presence right now is really bad. That needs to be his number one focus imo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:56 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think the team as a whole was in their own heads from the jump for that game. I don’t know if it’s that they believe they better than they are or what. I think Mahomes is starting to get worried about his turnovers though.
One of the things we've talked about with the Chiefs since Mahomes took over was that they just do not lay eggs. Even when they lost and even when they struggled a bit, there were obvious reasons for it and they remained competitive to the end (SB notwithstanding).

They hadn't come out and just collectively puked on their shoes in a loooooong time. We kinda forgot that just about every team does that a time or two/season.

Last Sunday was finally our turn. It was just a total shit show from the jump.

Right now the best you can do is say 'shit happens sometimes' and move along. That game was just awful everywhere.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:58 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Part of me thinks that's good and part of me hopes not.

I mean, clearly he needs to stop turning the ball over. He's incredible, but he's on pace for like 20 turnovers this year and I'm not cool with that. I doubt he is either.

At the same time, I hope he isn't getting gun shy or getting too much in his own head. Gotta keep firing.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:03 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
His pocket presence right now is really bad. That needs to be his number one focus imo.
I think his toe is obviously bothering him, and I think he is just escaping a little early because his feet can get stepped on in a crowd. Wanting to protect his toe causes him to anticipate the pocket breaking down when it may have been fine given the chance.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:04 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
It is pretty bad. He clearly is not OK with stepping up into the pocket right now, which is strange because I feel like he had no issues doing so for much of the 2020 regular season and the interior OL in particular was far worse.

He really just needs to get back to the basics.

That vid just posted is a great example. Just fucking step up into the pocket and throw the ball to Hill. That's 6 yards at minimum and there's a really good chance he gets loose for an extra 15-20 yards if he can make the CB miss.

Instead he stared down a shit receiver running a triple move right into 2-deep coverage..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:08 PM 10-13-2021
I wonder if Patrick is skittish because of his toe.

Like, he really doesn't want that toe getting fucked up again.

Repeatedly he's throwing off platform IN THE POCKET when all he needs to do his set his feet and fire.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:10 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I wonder if Patrick is skittish because of his toe.

Like, he really doesn't want that toe getting fucked up again.

Repeatedly he's throwing off platform IN THE POCKET when all he needs to do his set his feet and fire.
We just kind of glossed over his turf toe surgery and pretended like it wasn't a thing. But that's an injury that has the tendency to linger and is slow to heal. It's a very real reality that it's affecting him still.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:15 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We just kind of glossed over his turf toe surgery and pretended like it wasn't a thing. But that's an injury that has the tendency to linger and is slow to heal. It's a very real reality that it's affecting him still.
Chris Simms claimed to have sources that the turf toe is still a problem. Who knows. Guess we will see if he's able to get himself out of the funk over time.
[Reply]
Page 2103 of 2683
« First < 1103160320032053209320992100210121022103 21042105210621072113215322032603 > Last »
Up