« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371771 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:14 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Stock tip for tomorrow.

Short Disney- they are closing both American theme parks.
So buy?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:28 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
So buy?
Yes, after you sell it short and ride it down.

I wish I had an option account- someone is going to make a mint tomorrow off their bad news.

They are closing Disney Cruise line, Disney Land and Disney World.

That is a lot of income down the drain with peak season coming.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:15 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
So stupid question and probably stupid idea but I have quite a bit of cash and everything is paid off in my life so no real stress of having to wait a while for a return but does it make sense to put 10-20k in cruise stocks ? Like royal Caribbean was trading at $150 plus and now at $30. Unless they go out of business which could happen but they are one of the top two in the industry . Just putting money in it knowing it will rebound in a couple of years . Even if it went to $90 it would still triple . Stupid idea?
I've got some RCL. I read two articles about it today (sorry, no links). One said that bankruptcy is inevitable and the other said that it's a fantastic time to buy as a long-term hold due to demographic trends.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:20 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Stay liquid and ride the stocks to the bottom. Should be able to triple your money without it tied to a sinking ship...ships, waiting for a rebound.
This is the route I would take, but I think putting in 10 percent weekly makes more sense than dumping it all in at once. How do you know when the bottom is?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:35 PM 03-12-2020
2400 held, up over 3% at 1 a.m. after being down 3! Bedtime

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:32 PM 03-13-2020
Boeing up 6% :-)

The big bois got wind of a #bailout
[Reply]
eDave 01:34 PM 03-13-2020
LOL. Trump announced National Emergency. BTC nosedives.

EDIT, now it going up.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 03-13-2020
Becton Dickinson and Quest Diagnostics on Trump’s speech for test kit increase.

Thinking of buying
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:12 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Boeing up 6% :-)

The big bois got wind of a #bailout
Yep, bought BA today , 52 week high was 398 .bought at 167.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:44 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
So stupid question and probably stupid idea but I have quite a bit of cash and everything is paid off in my life so no real stress of having to wait a while for a return but does it make sense to put 10-20k in cruise stocks ? Like royal Caribbean was trading at $150 plus and now at $30. Unless they go out of business which could happen but they are one of the top two in the industry . Just putting money in it knowing it will rebound in a couple of years . Even if it went to $90 it would still triple . Stupid idea?
There are so many other things you could buy, this would be a pretty big risk. Cruise ships for some reason are holding the hot potato on this one, and may never recover.

I think one older people age out who is going on these cruises? All you ever hear about them in the news is some disease or sickness or diarrhea from satan ravaging these ships.

The only thing I think will save them is to discount their trips once they resume business. Discount the trips like well below half price. And then no profits. Just my opinion, i know nothing.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:11 PM 03-13-2020
I deposited more into my brokerage account to sit in cash today. I've learned buying anything on a Friday to hold over the weekend usually results poorly.

Will play the swings currently for quick profits.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:34 PM 03-15-2020
Alright, let’s list good stocks currently trading at a discount, that are worth buying. Good companies, not the IBIO and IQ shit.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:37 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Alright, let’s list good stocks currently trading at a discount, that are worth buying. Good companies, not the IBIO and IQ shit.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:39 PM 03-15-2020
Beyond consumer staples I don't really feel like there's anything out there that is going to be a good get in a prolonged recession.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03-15-2020, 02:51 PM
This message has been deleted by Hog's Gone Fishin.
Munson 03:49 PM 03-15-2020
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/feder...210001968.html

Originally Posted by :
Federal Reserve slashes rates to zero, restarts QE

Brian Cheung Reporter,Yahoo Finance•March 15, 2020

The Federal Reserve made an emergency announcement Sunday afternoon by announcing that it would be cutting interest rates to zero for the first time since the financial crisis.

The central bank said it will use its “full range of tools” to battle the economic impacts of the novel coronavirus and announced quantitative easing in the form of at least $700 billion of asset purchases. It also encouraged banks to provide credit to the economy by eliminating reserve requirements and allowing the financial firms to tap into capital and liquidity buffers.

In a global effort, the Fed also announced standing U.S. dollar liquidity swap line arrangements in coordination with the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, the European Central Bank, and the Swiss National Bank.

“The Federal Reserve is prepared to use its full range of tools to support the flow of credit to households and businesses and thereby promote its maximum employment and price stability goals,” the Fed said in a statement.

The Fed said the coronavirus outbreak “harmed communities and disrupted communities in many countries,” adding that the U.S. labor market still appeared “strong” as the U.S. economy rose at a “moderate rate.”

But the Fed on Sunday slashed rates by 100 basis points, less than two weeks after it had already made an impromptu 50 basis point cut.

“The Committee expects to maintain this target range until it is confident that the economy has weathered recent events and is on track to achieve its maximum employment and price stability goals.”

The Fed also resumed the crisis-era policy of large-scale asset purchases by committing to Treasury purchases of at least $500 billion and agency mortgage-backed securities of at least $200 billion “over coming months.”

The central bank was scheduled to hold a Federal Open Market Committee meeting on March 17-18 with a policy announcement on March 18. In the face of accelerating cases of the coronavirus around the world, the Fed pulled the decision forward.

The decision was voted on by all members of the FOMC with the exception of Cleveland Fed President Loretta Mester, who supported all the actions but preferred only a 50 basis point cut to a target range of between 0.5% and 0.75%.

Maintaining credit
The Fed said it is “carefully monitoring credit markets,” where market liquidity has been a concern as markets churned over the impact of the coronavirus.

The central bank announced a number of measures on Sunday to motivate banks to support businesses as quarantines around the country raise concerns that businesses will have to close their doors and possibly lay off workers.

As a key regulator of the banks, the Fed said the financial institutions should feel comfortable tapping into the discount window as a tool for addressing “potential funding pressures.” In the past, banks have been hesitant to tap into the direct lines of funding because of the stigma associated with relying on the Fed for emergency funds.

The Fed said banks were welcome to borrow from the discount window for periods as long as 90 days, “prepayable and renewable by the borrower on a daily basis.”

The Fed also said firms could use their capital and liquidity buffers to lend, and reduced reserve requirement ratios to zero percent effective on March 26.

“This action eliminates reserve requirements for thousands of depository institutions and will help to support lending to households and businesses.”

[Reply]
Page 271 of 934
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371771 > Last »
Up