Page 493 of 4782
« First < 393443483489490491492493 4944954964975035435939931493 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:57 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:

7-9...we all know you only have 8 days left until you vanish.

from NFL.com today...AFC West primer article.

What we'll be talking about at season's end

The reigning Super Bowl champions unearthed their quarterback of the future but took their lumps on offense while falling behind the Chiefs and Raiders in the standings. Alex Smith garnered overdue recognition as a legitimate franchise quarterback while posting a career year in his fourth season under Andy Reid's masterful tutelage in Kansas City. The Raiders' 25-and-under trio of Cooper, Derek Carr and Khalil Mack is the envy of organizations across the league. The Chargers are staying in San Diego!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:02 AM 08-31-2016
I do hope that the teams in the AFCW remain relatively injury free, it's impossible to avoid injuries, but I do sincerely hope that each of the 4 teams remains healthy with their stars.

I'd like to see this division competitive again, top to bottom. It's more fun when that happens. I'd love for both the Raiders and Chargers to play well, especially the Raiders, it's just a fun league when they're doing well and back to being hated and feared.

I believe that KC is going to have a fine season and you guys should win the division. Denver will have plenty of ups and downs, but it won't be horrible. I can see this being a 3 team race leading into December.

Getting the rivalries going again in full force would be great. I realize the replies to these comments will be targeted with the standard PA efforts, but it is what it is. This division is fun when it's competitive and we haven't had that at a consistent level in years.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 AM 08-31-2016
What kind of chode posts preseason PFF rankings :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:06 AM 08-31-2016
This is your last season with Ware, Talib and possibly Sanders...the division is going to be a two team rivalry...and the Donkos arent one of them.

They are becoming the Texans of the West....perennial 8-8 team.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:10 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This is your last season with Ware, Talib and possibly Sanders...the division is going to be a two team rivalry...and the Donkos arent one of them.
Ware is on his way out, true. I'm fine with them moving on from Talib, I've said that many times and they have solid depth at both of those positions and can add more via the draft (10 or so picks next year) and FA. (edit - this is Ware's final contract year and in 2017, they get back $10M by cutting Talib ... and hell, if Okung flames out, they get another $10M back by releasing him.)

Sanders... they could very well lock him up this year, and I believe that's one intention they have by freeing up cap space now by releasing a $4M punter and potentially both Hillman and Sanchez. Those 2 moves would move them near $12M now of cap space. I think the market would drive Sanders' asking price near what Baldwin got in SEA. Will they pay that for a #2? Who knows, but that is what it will take and right now, they don't have a a guy of his skillset waiting in the wings.

I think you genuinely believe the guys behind Ware and Talib are junk, and that's just not the case.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:13 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ware is on his way out, true. I'm fine with them moving on from Talib, I've said that many times and they have solid depth at both of those positions and can add more via the draft (10 or so picks next year) and FA.

Sanders... they could very well lock him up this year, and I believe that's one intention they have by freeing up cap space now by releasing a $4M punter and potentially both Hillman and Sanchez. Those 2 moves would move them near $12M now of cap space. I think the market would drive Sanders' asking price near what Baldwin got in SEA. Will they pay that for a #2? Who knows, but that is what it will take and right now, they don't have a a guy of his skillset waiting in the wings.

I think you genuinely believe the guys behind Ware and Talib are junk, and that's just not the case.
Sanders is better than DT...and should get paid like it. If they tie that much $$ in two WRs...well. I wouldn't count on him taking a Manning discount when the team fails to make the post-season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:16 AM 08-31-2016
Sanders is better than DT...and should get paid like it. If they tie that much $$ in two WRs...well. I wouldn't count on him taking a Manning discount when the team fails to make the post-season.
DUDE! DT is dead... no?

Which is why I believe they'll do what they can to secure his services early. If they don't reach an agreement, then sure - Sanders will look for greener pastures, I would imagine. Sanders will be 30 soon, so it will be his last chance to get the big money.

If they free up the $12M this year, knowing they'll have another $10M coming their way by releasing Talib in 2017... they can get it done.

Sanders is a great #2 guy, but I don't think he'd have the productivity as a #1 - I think of Alvin Harper back in Dallas' glory years. The guy was prolific and then took big money in Tampa, right? He never looked the same.
[Reply]
TEX 10:27 AM 08-31-2016
Ok, so I looked... if we look at total defense ranking by YDS and PTS, it looks like this after his stint as the HC in Denver ('94):

Bills '95 finished 13 and 12, then '96 finished 9 and 6.
ATL '02 finished 19 and 8, then '03 finished 32 and 30. Ouch
SDG '04 finished 18 and 11, then '05 finished 13 and 13
DAL '07 finished 9 and 13, then '08 finished 8 and 20 - meh, but points killed
HOU '11 finished 2 and 4, then '12 finished 7 and 9
DEN '15 finished 1 and 4, then TBD

Once was miserable, another was blah... overall, I don't really see the trend you speak of that might create fear, uncertainty and doubt. Again, I think this Denver defense has more talent across the unit than he has ever had.

U don't see it? Dang - just look at the stats you chose. Even they show the majority of time they slipped year two. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:40 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by TEX:
U don't see it? Dang - just look at the stats you chose. Even they show the majority of time they slipped year two. :-)
total defense ranking by YDS and PTS
improved in both in Y2
total decline
improved by 7 and slipped 2
improved by 1 and fell in the other
slipped 5 in both, still remained top 9

Again, I just don't see this catastrophic trend... big collapse in ATL overall. If you want to use HOU as a harbinger for bad things to come, I guess that's ok, but I'll take a top 9 finish every year, despite what they were the prior year. And, it's hard to account in the rearview mirror for the injury impact, if there were any.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:13 AM 08-31-2016
No..when a team wins a NFL record 11 games by 7 or less points in a HOF QBs final year..which just happened to coincide with the 50th celebration. Then you go back a trace what had to happen for them to get there...most notably, Brady throwing 5 passes in the first half against the Jets...with HF on the line.

Have you EVER seen Brady attempt 5 passes in a half...let alone in a game of that magnitude? I figure your math inst very good..that's 10 passes for an entire game. Please explain this anomaly....then ignores a wide open Gronk to tie the play-off game. NFL has their mole...and it's Terrific Tom via papa Kraft's instructions. The suspension is just part of the charade...welcome to the shitshow.-
:-) god you are crazier than a shit house rat! Tell us more!
[Reply]
TEX 11:33 AM 08-31-2016
total defense ranking by YDS and PTS
improved in both in Y2
total decline
improved by 7 and slipped 2
improved by 1 and fell in the other
slipped 5 in both, still remained top 9

Again, I just don't see this catastrophic trend... big collapse in ATL overall. If you want to use HOU as a harbinger for bad things to come, I guess that's ok, but I'll take a top 9 finish every year, despite what they were the prior year. And, it's hard to account in the rearview mirror for the injury impact, if there were any.
Never said "catastrophic" - my point was that they tend to slip. And even a little slip on defense could be bad news - because IMO, Denver's offense will likely slip even further due to poor OL and QB play, if the defense does also, it's not going to be good for you guys.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:42 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by TEX:
Never said "catastrophic" - my point was that they tend to slip. And even a little slip on defense could be bad news - because IMO, Denver's offense will likely slip even further due to poor OL and QB play, if the defense does also, it's not going to be good for you guys.
Fair enough... other comments I've read have painted a picture that it's a dramatic fall from year 1 to 2 at each stop.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:14 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
These Chief Warriors are good...real good

Dagnabit: They're the best
I'll always rep for any Warriors-related postings.

Now, interesting to consider:

What gang from The Warriors would each team in the AFCW most mirror?

I would rank it like this:

OAK = Baseball Furies. A startling mix of image and swagger, but they ultimately get their asses kicked and FAIL in the task at hand.

DEN = Rouges. Cheating, stealing, thieving, and blaming someone else for some bullshit they did, amirite?!?!? And now they gonna' die on the beach.

SD = The Orphans. Even The Lizzies and Hi-Hats from Soho are tougher than these bitches.

KC = Turnbull AC's. I mean fuck; everyone's on the party bus and listening to some 70's music( yes Lil' Foxy and Len Dawson, I'm talking to you) and trying to chase down the prize. A valiant effort is undertaken and they get closer to claiming the Warriors than anyone else. But ultimately, they cannot execute as a team at the crucial moment and the prize eludes them.

The NFL/Lombardi Trophy are The Warriors. Everyone is in pursuit, but only one gang un-harshes the mellow when all is said and done, which leads me to.....

PITT(YEAH, RIGHT!) = Gramercy Riffs.
A model gang that could( and has )run this whole city for decades. Though Father Time shot Art Cyrus Rooney, that's not going to stop Big Ben Masai and the boys from heading down to the beach to a) kill Denver, and b) have a brush with The Warriors yet again.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:06 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:

:-)

The Broncos starters were smashed by the Rams. Semen was destroyed.

How are they ranked?
[Reply]
TEX 10:04 AM 09-01-2016
Fair enough... other comments I've read have painted a picture that it's a dramatic fall from year 1 to 2 at each stop.
Probably won't be that good for us either, even though NOW is the perfect time to pass you guys for the division, just BECAUSE CHIEFS!
[Reply]
Page 493 of 4782
« First < 393443483489490491492493 4944954964975035435939931493 > Last »
Up