ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 181
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Monty 09:11 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Sad considering he was a finalist for the spring play the Broadway Version of Webster
He’s still got a shot at the Different Strokes remake, so there’s that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:04 PM 03-30-2019
Charlie sucked

Ballsacks

Hairy slimy wet sweaty ballsax
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:50 AM 03-31-2019
Lord there is zero depth on the perimeter. Moore was not good, but as of now we have Dotson, Grimes, Garrett, and Agbaji on the roster. KJ is as much a guard as Marcus Morris was. Have Isaac McBride coming in as a Freshman, but hasn't stepped foot on campus, yet - no idea what to expect there. That doesn't present any warm and fuzzy that we're gonna be good next year. One player gets injured or has ineligibility issues and now you're running out another Teahen for significant minutes.

As of right now, there are 9 scholarship players. with only 2 incoming. Here's to hoping for a kid like Stanley deciding there's plenty of playing time.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:07 PM 03-31-2019
So are we in on any other recruits for next year? I haven't followed it this year. I see we have a couple of committs but we're going to need more. Any uncommitted possibly leaning our way?
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:33 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
He’s still got a shot at the Different Strokes remake, so there’s that.
What you talking bout Willis ?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:43 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
So are we in on any other recruits for next year? I haven't followed it this year. I see we have a couple of committs but we're going to need more. Any uncommitted possibly leaning our way?
KU in the mix on landing a few guys:

5* (PF) Matthew Hurt, 6'9, 200lbs, Rivals rank#7 overall
Schools in mix: KU(high), Duke(med), UNC, UK

-From his mixtape, he looks like a clumsy uncoordinated duck footed white boy dominating vs kids half his size. Doesn't look too athletic, I'll just be completely honest. Probably not gonna be able to get by w/ his height alone playing at KU. The dude can shoot his ass off from downtown though and would be the perfect trailer in a high low offense hitting 3's at the top of the key. Think Perry Ellis w/ less "finesse" to his game.

5* (PF) Precious Achiuwa, 6'9, 215lbs, Rivals rank#16 overall
Schools in the mix: Miss St, KU, UNC (all medium)

-Unlike Hurt, this guy's game is a lot more fluid, probably because he's black. But the guy plays like a big wing more than he does a paint guy, and can shoot from downtown, highly athletic. Think Julian Wright, but w/ a much better shot. He's a high flyer.

4* (SG) Cassius Stanley, 6'5, 185lbs, Rivals rank#33 overall
Schools in the mix: UCLA, KU (both high)

-I've seen Stanley ranked as a 5*, and higher on other lists, but per Rivals his ranking has seemed to dropped, not sure why. It will be hard to pry him away from UCLA, since he's from CA and they currently seem to be #1 on his list. This dude is incredibly athletic, high flyer, good ball handling skills and outside shot. Think Ben McLemore..dude will put on a show if he ever gets into the open court on a fast break.

KU needs ball handlers at the point, outside of Dotson. I mean really, there's a lot of this KU team that's lacking, but ball handling guards is one of those areas, so is big men, and 3pt shooting. Bill Self really didn't have a lot of to work with this yr and made best w/ what he had given the circumstances. Best big man gets hurt, 2nd best big man becomes ineligible, only thing you have left is a tweener guy who can score, but plays awfully soft and was forced to play big when he plays anything but that. KU didn't have any athleticsm at the guard spot, no help for Dotson. He's not good/experienced (yet) enough to take on a leadership role. And this team for the life of them just could not shoot from downtown...probably the worst shooting KU team I've seen in a long time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:56 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
KU in the mix on landing a few guys:

5* (PF) Matthew Hurt, 6'9, 200lbs, Rivals rank#7 overall
Schools in mix: KU(high), Duke(med), UNC, UK

-From his mixtape, he looks like a clumsy uncoordinated duck footed white boy dominating vs kids half his size. Doesn't look too athletic, I'll just be completely honest. Probably not gonna be able to get by w/ his height alone playing at KU. The dude can shoot his ass off from downtown though and would be the perfect trailer in a high low offense hitting 3's at the top of the key. Think Perry Ellis w/ less "finesse" to his game.

-Unlike Hurt, this guy's game is a lot more fluid, probably because he's black. But the guy plays like a big wing more than he does a paint guy, and can shoot from downtown, highly athletic. Think Julian Wright, but w/ a much better shot. He's a high flyer.

4* (SG) Cassius Stanley, 6'5, 185lbs, Rivals rank#33 overall
Schools in the mix: UCLA, KU (both high)

-I've seen Stanley ranked as a 5*, and higher on other lists, but per Rivals his ranking has seemed to dropped, not sure why. It will be hard to pry him away from UCLA, since he's from CA and they currently seem to be #1 on his list. This dude is incredibly athletic, high flyer, good ball handling skills and outside shot. Think Ben McLemore..dude will put on a show if he ever gets into the open court on a fast break.
I think Matt Hurt will tell us a lot about what impact the FBI investigation is having on our recruiting. We were the first major program on him, and he’s been a heavy Kansas-lean pretty much the whole way. If he ends up somewhere else, it’s likely a strong indication that recruits are getting scared off by the whole thing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:12 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Based on the novel Push, by Sapphire?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 05:15 PM 03-31-2019
Auburn just beat Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky to get the the FF. That is quite the road. Tip of the cap to the Tigers.
[Reply]
sedated 05:25 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think Matt Hurt will tell us a lot about what impact the FBI investigation is having on our recruiting. We were the first major program on him, and he’s been a heavy Kansas-lean pretty much the whole way. If he ends up somewhere else, it’s likely a strong indication that recruits are getting scared off by the whole thing.
Arizona has the #1 recruiting class next year, so FBI isnt scaring kids as much as some seem to think.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:37 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
the way Como describes Hurt, he should be lucky to play at Missouri State. Not be the 7th ranked recruit in the nation.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:17 PM 03-31-2019
Kind of nice to see Duke denied access to the final four for two years in a row!
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:17 PM 03-31-2019
Finally all of the "Zion this" and "Zion that" bullshit is over with. I'll be interested to hear what this Michael Avanetti guy has on Nike Schools...fingers crossed it's on Duke and Kentucky.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:36 PM 03-31-2019
Duke & Kentucky go down on the same day. Been a pretty good day.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:27 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Finally all of the "Zion this" and "Zion that" bullshit is over with. I'll be interested to hear what this Michael Avanetti guy has on Nike Schools...fingers crossed it's on Duke and Kentucky.
hah...wouldn't that be somethin?
[Reply]
Page 174 of 181
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178 > Last »
Up