Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Arbery Jury has a verdict
tooge 01:11 PM 11-24-2021
Guilty!!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:14 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Time for some pre Black Friday shopping riot style!
Black Friday is racist. :-)
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:16 PM 11-24-2021
This is the result of a racist, white supremacist legal system.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:17 PM 11-24-2021
They deserve it. Going out with weapons to apprehend someone that you don't know has done anything is plain old stupid. Call the cops you dumb mother fuckers if you think he did something.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:18 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
They deserve it. Going out with weapons to apprehend someone that you don't know has done anything is plain old stupid. Call the cops you dumb mother ****ers if you think he did something.
That's not what happened. Try some facts, all of the facts that matter, instead of emoting with anger and cherry picking.

At least another city won't burn and property damage of the innocent taking place.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:23 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I just explained how that is complete nonsense to Zilla in the other Arberry thread, where the verdict could have been posted in order to follow recent posts. The judge dropped the ball and gutted the case of the defense on the Citizens Arrest law on which it all hinged. He was wrong on that point of law.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1753

...felony burglarly does not require ANY property be stolen.

Georgia Citizen's Arrest Law, since repealed: It only required reasonable suspicion if the suspect is in flight from a felony. Otherwise the arrest would have required probable cause, a substantially higher threshold than reasonable suspicion. Yet, the lawyers on closing used the higher probable cause standard for some reason.
The citizens arrest law was pretty clear.

Originally Posted by :
A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

It has to be in the presence of a crime. The defendant in the 911 call could not say what Arbery did wrong. These guys were dumb and their stupidity cost someone their life. Stupidity kills, happens all the time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The citizens arrest was unlawful because there wasn’t a crime occurring nor did the defendants have immediate knowledge of a felony as the 911 call illustrates.
Yep, you can't chase someone down like that without an extremely clear cut reason... like they just abducted a child etc

I'm no lawyer, but citizens arrest laws are almost certainly VERY stringent
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:25 PM 11-24-2021
I wasn't aware of this until today.

So, unless I'm missing anything, some idiots tried acting as vigilantes and murdered someone who they suspected of doing something wrong who actually didn't do anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:26 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I wasn't aware of this until today.

So, unless I'm missing anything, some idiots tried acting as vigilantes and murdered someone who they suspected of doing something wrong who actually didn't do anything?
Shit man, you live under a rock or something?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:29 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Shit man, you live under a rock or something?
Considering I don't have cable and only go on Twitter for sports stuff, yes.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:31 PM 11-24-2021
I totally get the dad and son getting sent up the river but can someone explain why the guy filming was lumped in with them? Did they ask him to film or something?
[Reply]
banyon 02:35 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
IMO, the judge dropped the ball on his instructions on citizen’s arrest grounds §17-4-60, on which the entire case hinges. Unprofessional. I suspect fear of riot backlashes, with Black Panther's militia out there making threats. Looks like intimidation but not sure if jury knew.

If a citizen’s arrest of Ahmaud Arbery is lawful, then everything that follows was likely also lawful.

If a citizen’s arrest of Arbery was unlawful, then everything that follows was also likely unlawful.

I don't see it as an unlawful citizen's arrest. Then again the law has since been repealed and there likely won't be a similar situation and if so, it would be unlawful.
This is not the law anywhere, in any state, thankfully.

Commencing a citizens arrest is not and should never be license to do whatever the hell you want with the detainee, and a legal structure that allowed that would be insane.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 02:35 PM 11-24-2021
someone run me down on the decision - all 3 guilty? unanimous? I had kinda thought the guy who took the video

should be found guilty of something lesser but honestly no idea...didn't pay that much attention to it because they

seemed like idiots who murdered the guy
[Reply]
Otter 02:37 PM 11-24-2021
So, libtards...

You've been Pavlov's Dog style trained to scream "racist". When are people just people?

Brainwashed.
[Reply]
banyon 02:41 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
So, libtards...

You've been Pavlov's Dog style trained to scream "racist". When are people just people?

Brainwashed.
Who are you addressing with this comment? Did somebody say something like this in this thread? Or even the Rittenhouse’s thread?
[Reply]
Otter 02:42 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Who are you addressing with this comment? Did somebody say something like this in this thread? Or even the Rittenhouse’s thread?
Everyone that screams "racist" from their pedestal with zero regard for how they've made word meaningless by applying it to their whim and personal narrative.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up