ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Arbery Jury has a verdict
tooge 01:11 PM 11-24-2021
Guilty!!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:33 PM 11-24-2021
This has got to be confusing for some folks.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 01:35 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
This has got to be confusing for some folks.
Yes, for the folks who don't understand how things work. This is the right decision for this case, and Rittenhouse was 100% the right decision in his case.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:35 PM 11-24-2021
Agree with the verdict on the father and son. The guy filming deserved something but probably not a murder charge. Oh well, not gonna cry and riot over it though.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:38 PM 11-24-2021
I said earlier in another thread, I think the the defendant was scared for his life, as was Aubrey. The provocation in this case was done by the defendants, the opposite of the Rittenhouse situation. In this instance, you lose your right to self defense.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:40 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Agree with the verdict on the father and son. The guy filming deserved something but probably not a murder charge. Oh well, not gonna cry and riot over it though.
In fairness, as a conservative, you see this happen in cases all the time. The jury determined that they were chasing and trying to false imprison Aubrey with no firm evidence of wrongdoing which is a felony. In the course of the Felony Aubrey was killed. Therefore, all those involved our considered guilty of murder. Some poor decisions made that day all around.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM 11-24-2021
i thought white supremes always get away with murder tho
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:40 PM 11-24-2021
IMO, the judge dropped the ball on his instructions on citizen’s arrest grounds ß17-4-60, on which the entire case hinges. Unprofessional. I suspect fear of riot backlashes, with Black Panther's militia out there making threats. Looks like intimidation but not sure if jury knew.

If a citizen’s arrest of Ahmaud Arbery is lawful, then everything that follows was likely also lawful.

If a citizen’s arrest of Arbery was unlawful, then everything that follows was also likely unlawful.

I don't see it as an unlawful citizen's arrest. Then again the law has since been repealed and there likely won't be a similar situation and if so, it would be unlawful.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:43 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
In fairness, as a conservative, you see this happen in cases all the time. The jury determined that they were chasing and trying to false imprison Aubrey with no firm evidence of wrongdoing which is a felony. In the course of the Felony Aubrey was killed. Therefore, all those involved our considered guilty of murder. Some poor decisions made that day all around.
Agree with the bolded.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i thought white supremes always get away with murder tho
Very much looking forward to all the "I was wrong" tweets by the usual politcal and "famous" race baiters.

Any....moment..................now...........................................................
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:53 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Very much looking forward to all the "I was wrong" tweets by the usual politcal and "famous" race baiters.

Any....moment..................now...........................................................
Lebron is busy figuring out how to cheap shot someone else...
[Reply]
tooge 02:05 PM 11-24-2021
Yeah, the MSM will have their half baked take on this. I agree with this verdict as I did with the Rittenhouse verdict. Ok, now a white guy that killed white criminals is acquitted, and three white guys that killed a black criminal were convicted. Can we quit with the race BS now and just move on to fixing our broken government?
[Reply]
Pogue 02:05 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
IMO, the judge dropped the ball on his instructions on citizenís arrest grounds ß17-4-60, on which the entire case hinges. Unprofessional. I suspect fear of riot backlashes, with Black Panther's militia out there making threats. Looks like intimidation but not sure if jury knew.

If a citizenís arrest of Ahmaud Arbery is lawful, then everything that follows was likely also lawful.

If a citizenís arrest of Arbery was unlawful, then everything that follows was also likely unlawful.

I don't see it as an unlawful citizen's arrest. Then again the law has since been repealed and there likely won't be a similar situation and if so, it would be unlawful.
The citizens arrest was unlawful because there wasnít a crime occurring nor did the defendants have immediate knowledge of a felony as the 911 call illustrates.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:06 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
Yeah, the MSM will have their half baked take on this. I agree with this verdict as I did with the Rittenhouse verdict. Ok, now a white guy that killed white criminals is acquitted, and three white guys that killed a black criminal were convicted. Can we quit with the race BS now and just move on to fixing our broken government?
From the halloween geico commercial:

ARE YOU CRAZY?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:07 PM 11-24-2021
Time for some pre Black Friday shopping riot style!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:11 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The citizens arrest was unlawful because there wasn’t a crime occurring nor did the defendants have immediate knowledge of a felony as the 911 call illustrates.
I just explained how that is complete nonsense to Zilla in the other Arberry thread, where the verdict could have been posted in order to follow recent posts. The judge dropped the ball and gutted the case of the defense on the Citizens Arrest law on which it all hinged. He was wrong on that point of law.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1753

...felony burglarly does not require ANY property be stolen.

Georgia Citizen's Arrest Law, since repealed: It only required reasonable suspicion if the suspect is in flight from a felony. Otherwise the arrest would have required probable cause, a substantially higher threshold than reasonable suspicion. Yet, the lawyers on closing used the higher probable cause standard for some reason.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up