ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Build back better: caps insulin cost at $35/month
RodeoPants2 02:37 AM 11-24-2021
Over the last ten years big pharma have been jacking the price on insulin 15% a year up to $600!

Glad to see Biden standing up to them and proposing to cap oop monthly costs at $35. This already passed the house. Of republicans voted no, because they love big pharma and hate seniors.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:07 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That's not virtue signaling, that's fat shaming. Or shitty lifestyle shaming. Detaching shame from poor choices needs to stop.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
But....feelings!!!
[Reply]
AustinChief 11:08 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Not everyone gets diabetes through poor choices.
No, just 95%+ but there are a small number who it is entirely a genetic cause or in really rare cases other external factors outside their control.

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:11 AM 11-24-2021
No, just 95%+ but there are a small number who it is entirely a genetic cause or in really rare cases other external factors outside their control.

I'd love to see a link on anything backing that up
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:15 AM 11-24-2021
The figure is 95%+

Look at pictures of people at the beach 50 years ago.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:19 AM 11-24-2021
From this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rweight-people

‘A picture of Brighton beach in 1976, featured in the Guardian a few weeks ago, appeared to show an alien race.’ Photograph: PA
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:24 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't have a genetic issue so for me, that's all I have to do.
That you're aware of right now anyway. I would have said the same thing 5 years ago. Just because you don't know of any genetic defects that may cause you to develop diabetes at some later point doesn't mean it isn't there.

Originally Posted by :
I don't get why you are making excuses for so many people. Very few people taking insulin would need to if they changed their lifestyle.
What excuse have I made for anyone? All I'm saying is the comment that "I don't need insulin because I don't eat processed crap" is completely ignorant. Sure that is true for most people, and for those people they will have to live with that. However there are millions of people out there for whom it is not true.

So yeah I stand by my assertion that your comment was both wrong & disrespectful to a lot of people who do have to deal with this issue through no fault of their own.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:28 AM 11-24-2021
That you're aware of right now anyway. I would have said the same thing 5 years ago. Just because you don't know of any genetic defects that may cause you to develop diabetes at some later point doesn't mean it isn't there.

What excuse have I made for anyone? All I'm saying is the comment that "I don't need insulin because I don't eat processed crap" is completely ignorant. Sure that is true for most people, and for those people they will have to live with that. However there are millions of people out there for whom it is not true.

So yeah I stand by my assertion that your comment was both wrong & disrespectful to a lot of people who do have to deal with this issue through no fault of their own.
I could eat whatever I wanted until I was 26. Then things stopped working the same.

At that point I did research and discovered that sugar/carbs spiked insulin and was the problem for me.

So whenever I gain too much I know how to cut back and lean out. I don't care about outliers. If you are an outlier than that is your problem. Most people could cut 20-40 lbs quite easily if they ate real food for 3 months.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:40 AM 11-24-2021
I could eat whatever I wanted until I was 26. Then things stopped working the same.

At that point I did research and discovered that sugar/carbs spiked insulin and was the problem for me.
You could find that age 40 things change again & all the sudden you could have diabetes regardless of your diet. I'm just saying the fact that a genetic defect hasn't led to you developing diabetes yet doesn't mean you don't have one.

So whenever I gain too much I know how to cut back and lean out. I don't care about outliers. If you are an outlier than that is your problem. Most people could cut 20-40 lbs quite easily if they ate real food for 3 months.
Diabetes & weight gain are completely different animals. You seem to be associating diabetes directly to weight which is also not true. When I was diagnosed I was 6'0" 115 lbs. I currently weigh about 160 I'm pretty much skin & bones & also diabetic.
[Reply]
loochy 11:45 AM 11-24-2021
Diabetes & weight gain are completely different animals. You seem to be associating diabetes directly to weight which is also not true. When I was diagnosed I was 6'0" 115 lbs. I currently weigh about 160 I'm pretty much skin & bones & also diabetic.

Fucking fat slob piece of shit
[Reply]
Bowser 11:56 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Fucking fat slob piece of shit
:-)

I'd punt a baby seal to be 160 lbs again, haha
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:59 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I'd punt a baby seal to be 160 lbs again, haha

Anything below 175 and I feel great. I start to feel sick and slow over 190.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:20 PM 11-24-2021
Build Back Better is all about bringing America down..the WEF said it themselves that is a goal.

Destroy small business and independents, crush the economy and Build Back so that serfs have a permanent boot on their neck from the Globalist bankers.

By 2030 you will own nothing, and be Happy!
They better attempt to take our guns first!!
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:38 PM 11-24-2021
Not a Biden fan, but I agree with this.

Big pharma got greedy, if they had kept insulin at a reasonable rate this would not have happened.

My co-pay for Insulin is 90 bucks every three months....the cost charged to my insurance on the invoice when I get it is over 10k.....for a prescription that cost next to nothing to make.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:19 PM 11-24-2021
Every Republican was against this and on the side of big pharma
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:28 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Every Republican was against this and on the side of big pharma
:-) such a disingenuous tard is hammerpantslex
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up