ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Build back better: caps insulin cost at $35/month
RodeoPants2 02:37 AM 11-24-2021
Over the last ten years big pharma have been jacking the price on insulin 15% a year up to $600!

Glad to see Biden standing up to them and proposing to cap oop monthly costs at $35. This already passed the house. Of republicans voted no, because they love big pharma and hate seniors.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So all you douches who breathe the word “virtue signal” like it’s oxygen aren’t going to call this one out?
For someone who has spent the last year lecturing people on health...this is rich!


Sorry buddy, most people can't just eat whatever they want. The standard American diet is terrible for most people and causes extra diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:40 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
No, sorry, you're wrong. Metabolic disorders have exploded and its not because we are better at diagnosing them. People are much fatter. When I was a kid there was a few kids in school that were fat...now?

Totally different. Kids are getting fatty liver before they are ten from all the excess sugar.
Given that I said eating habits are a big factor I don't see how I'm wrong. Your post insinuated that eating is the only factor, it isn't. There are a lot of people who don't eat processed food that have diabetes. You may have gotten genetically lucky & that combined with diet & exercise & other lifestyle choices you don't need insulin....yet.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:43 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
For someone who has spent the last year lecturing people on health...this is rich!


Sorry buddy, most people can't just eat whatever they want. The standard American diet is terrible for most people and causes extra diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Of course it does but that doesn't mean that everyone that has those diseases has them as a result of diet. Would you say "I don't have to worry about cancer or heart disease because I don't eat processed foods"?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:43 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Given that I said eating habits are a big factor I don't see how I'm wrong. Your post insinuated that eating is the only factor, it isn't. There are a lot of people who don't eat processed food that have diabetes. You may have gotten genetically lucky & that combined with diet & exercise & other lifestyle choices you don't need insulin....yet.
Of course there is a genetic component but most genes need environment to turn on.

It is well documented in the scientific literature that wherever sugar and flour end up, the population sickens and gets much weaker and fatter.

I never said that eating is the only factor. What I will say is that for most Americans, it is the most important. Most fat people that think they are "big-boned" are just stuck and don't want to change.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Of course it does but that doesn't mean that everyone that has those diseases has them as a result of diet. Would you say "I don't have to worry about cancer or heart disease because I don't eat processed foods"?
No, of course not. I just think it significantly reduces risks.

I am still exposed to toxins and chemicals just like you.


An example is margarine vs butter.

Butter is real food, heart healthy. Margarine is toxic and increases your risk for cancer.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:45 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
It's pretty common for people to pay $300-$600 a month for insulin under the existing rule. My doctor just switched me to a different type which is cheaper, prior to that until I would hit my deductible I would regularly pay $300 for about a months worth, on top of testing supplies, & needle tips I would spend $400 a month easily, with insurance.
I personally wouldn't be opposed to some type of universal health care if (and only if) we control the borders and only full citizens have access to it. I think it could be done via constitutional amendment. It's a long conversation for another thread, but I am not opposed to studying the idea. Especially since basically anyone could currently go get emergency care and the rest of us get stuck with the bills anyway under our current rules.I think it would be smarter and save money to close the border and give preventative care to all citizens.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:47 AM 11-24-2021
After what I saw from federal and state governments you will never get universal healthcare in this country.

People don't want the same clowns that were in charge of Covid in charge of their healthcare.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:49 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Of course there is a genetic component but most genes need environment to turn on.

It is well documented in the scientific literature that wherever sugar and flour end up, the population sickens and gets much weaker and fatter.

I never said that eating is the only factor. What I will say is that for most Americans, it is the most important. Most fat people that think they are "big-boned" are just stuck and don't want to change.
No, if that's what you said no one would have said anything. Here is what you wrote:

Originally Posted by :
My insulin cost monthly is already zero.

Because I don't eat processed crap.
That pretty much states that the only reason you don't have diabetes is because you don't eat processed foods, which is nowhere close to "for most americans diet is the most important factor in reducing diabetes", and is completely false. No matter how much you've tried to move the goalpost.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:51 AM 11-24-2021
If they can offer the WuFlu jab(s) at a severely reduced rate, if not free, to those wanting to take it, they can do the same here with insulin. If it was ever really about anyone's health and safety, of course.

And has been pointed out already, Trump took care of this until Biden EO'd Trumps EO.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...g-medications/

But President Shitass had to cockblock it

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...phrine-prices/

And mouthbreathers like RodeoTard buys into the lies about Biden"helping" those in need. Embarrassing.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:52 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
No, if that's what you said no one would have said anything. Here is what you wrote:



That pretty much states that the only reason you don't have diabetes is because you don't eat processed foods, which is nowhere close to "for most americans diet is the most important factor in reducing diabetes", and is completely false. No matter how much you've tried to move the goalpost.
I don't have a genetic issue so for me, that's all I have to do.

That is true for 90%+ people.

I don't get why you are making excuses for so many people. Very few people taking insulin would need to if they changed their lifestyle.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:55 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If they can offer the WuFlu jab(s) at a severely reduced rate, if not free, to those wanting to take it, they can do the same here with insulin. If it was ever really about anyone's health and safety, of course.

And has been pointed out already, Trump took care of this until Biden EO'd Trumps EO.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...g-medications/

But President Shitass had to cockblock it

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...phrine-prices/

And mouthbreathers like RodeoTard buys into the lies about Biden"helping" those in need. Embarrassing.
I'm pretty sure that only covers uninsured & possibly seniors. What I can tell you is that I was paying way more than $35 a month while Trump was president.
[Reply]
AustinChief 11:00 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So all you douches who breathe the word “virtue signal” like it’s oxygen aren’t going to call this one out?
That's not virtue signaling, that's fat shaming. Or shitty lifestyle shaming. Detaching shame from poor choices needs to stop.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:02 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That's not virtue signaling, that's fat shaming. Or shitty lifestyle shaming. Detaching shame from poor choices needs to stop.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
This is the correct answer
[Reply]
AustinChief 11:04 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't have a genetic issue so for me, that's all I have to do.



That is true for 90%+ people.



I don't get why you are making excuses for so many people. Very few people taking insulin would need to if they changed their lifestyle.
The figure is 95%+

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:05 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That's not virtue signaling, that's fat shaming. Or shitty lifestyle shaming. Detaching shame from poor choices needs to stop.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Not everyone gets diabetes through poor choices.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up