ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Build back better: caps insulin cost at $35/month
RodeoPants2 02:37 AM 11-24-2021
Over the last ten years big pharma have been jacking the price on insulin 15% a year up to $600!

Glad to see Biden standing up to them and proposing to cap oop monthly costs at $35. This already passed the house. Of republicans voted no, because they love big pharma and hate seniors.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:47 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yes, because people with Type 1 Diabetes are diabetic due to their diet?
:-)
That's less than ten percent.

Most of the need for insulin is based on people eating a terrible diet and advice from the American Diabetes Association for people who are insulin resistant to eat more sugar.

Most diabetes in America is Processed Food Disease.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:47 AM 11-24-2021
Trump had already done something similar before Biden reversed it. Ask Old Man and a few other posters here on CP who are diabetic.

So I guess he gets credit for reversing a Trump policy then reimplementing it eh?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:51 AM 11-24-2021
Cost was low when Trump was in office. It almost immediately skyrocketed after he left.

Because Biden is a fucking moron.

This wing of the Democrats should never regain power.
[Reply]
loochy 08:57 AM 11-24-2021
So does this include the name brand special stuff like Lantus or does it just mean the cheapo ReliOn stuff at Walmart?
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:07 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's less than ten percent.

Most of the need for insulin is based on people eating a terrible diet and advice from the American Diabetes Association for people who are insulin resistant to eat more sugar.

Most diabetes in America is Processed Food Disease.
Type 2 is also partly genetic. Yes food choices increase your chance, but it's not "processed food disease".
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:12 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Type 2 is also partly genetic. Yes food choices increase your chance, but it's not "processed food disease".
Look at the charts for Diabetes over the last few decades. It is going straight up.

Our genes don't change that much in.twenty. thirty years.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:28 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
...republicans voted no, because they....hate seniors.
Sure, that's it. :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:33 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Over the last ten years big pharma have been jacking the price on insulin 15% a year up to $600!

Glad to see Biden standing up to them and proposing to cap oop monthly costs at $35. This already passed the house. Of republicans voted no, because they love big pharma and hate seniors.
ummmm.....who has kneeled at the altar of Dr Fauci and Big Pharma the most in the past 18 months.........????
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:35 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Look at the charts for Diabetes over the last few decades. It is going straight up.

Our genes don't change that much in.twenty. thirty years.
No, our genes haven't changed that much, however a lot of other things have. Due to medical advances we now diagnose people that may have gone undiagnosed before. We also have better technology in testing so people are diagnosed at a younger age. Also people live longer now, the longer you live the better chances of you getting diabetes. There are people living with diabetes today that would have died years ago if not for modern medicine.

Again diet is a factor, but your claim that you "don't need insulin because you eat good" is about like saying you don't have cancer because you don't smoke
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:39 AM 11-24-2021
I wonder how much taxpayers are going to have to spend to lower insulin bills from 600$ year to 420$ a year
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:43 AM 11-24-2021
Insulin prices were already that low under Trumps favored nation EO. Biden reversed that EO...


You are a fucking moron.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:45 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I wonder how much taxpayers are going to have to spend to lower insulin bills from 600$ year to 420$ a year
It's pretty common for people to pay $300-$600 a month for insulin under the existing rule. My doctor just switched me to a different type which is cheaper, prior to that until I would hit my deductible I would regularly pay $300 for about a months worth, on top of testing supplies, & needle tips I would spend $400 a month easily, with insurance.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:52 AM 11-24-2021
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...all-americans/

Trump capped insulin at $35 for seniors when he was president. Traditional insulin is $25-$75 a month, so $35 is a mean number. However, the prices you are talking about are for fast acting insulin so diabetics don't have to follow a protocol... per the article above.

Originally Posted by :
The least expensive form of insulin a diabetic patient could get may cost between $25 to $75 at a place like Walmart, said Dr. Henry Rodriguez, the clinical director of the University of South Florida Diabetes Center. The kind of insulin they can get there, which isn’t modified to either act rapidly or be long-acting through the day, means patients would have to follow strictly regimented eating schedules to make sure they don’t face low blood sugar, Rodriguez said.

The more expensive modified insulins that afford diabetic patients more freedom in their lives and are often preferred by physicians, can be more difficult to access, he said. For an uninsured patient, it could cost between $500 to $1,000 a vial, and patients may need anywhere from one to three vials a month.

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:03 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
My insulin cost monthly is already zero.

Because I don't eat processed crap.

So all you douches who breathe the word “virtue signal” like it’s oxygen aren’t going to call this one out?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:16 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
No, our genes haven't changed that much, however a lot of other things have. Due to medical advances we now diagnose people that may have gone undiagnosed before. We also have better technology in testing so people are diagnosed at a younger age. Also people live longer now, the longer you live the better chances of you getting diabetes. There are people living with diabetes today that would have died years ago if not for modern medicine.

Again diet is a factor, but your claim that you "don't need insulin because you eat good" is about like saying you don't have cancer because you don't smoke
No, sorry, you're wrong. Metabolic disorders have exploded and its not because we are better at diagnosing them. People are much fatter. When I was a kid there was a few kids in school that were fat...now?

Totally different. Kids are getting fatty liver before they are ten from all the excess sugar.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up