ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Video Shows Fatal Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
BigRichard 05:38 AM 05-06-2020
I suspect these idiots are going to hang at this point... no pun intended.

Someone have a quick way to embed that video at the link?

#AhmaudArbery This is the full video footage of this awful murder. No words to describe this awful, horrible thing they did to this innocent young man who was just jogging. pic.twitter.com/tXlu174PeP

— thatboy (@thatbator) May 6, 2020


Originally Posted by :
The fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery -- a 25-year-old black man out for a jog when he was chased and killed -- was caught on video, prompting a call for a grand jury to review the case.

Arbery's death is being referred to as a modern-day lynching, as he was unarmed when he was gunned down in Brunswick, GA on February 23 by a white citizen named Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged. He also happens to be the son of a former district attorney investigator.

As you can see in the video, Arbery was jogging when he was stopped by McMichael and his father in a white pickup truck. McMichael was armed with a shotgun. Arbery appears to attempt to run around the truck before he and McMichael start grappling.

After at least 2 shots, the men continued struggling over the gun ... until Arbery stumbles away, shot in the mid-section, and then collapses to the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/05/shoot...orgia-jogging/
On a side note here, this is what pisses me off the most about a lot of media sources. When i searched for this video I got several named media sites and every last one of the ****ers were cutting up the video and not showing the entire thing and also adding there own color commentary(still no pun intended). Just show me the ****ing video and let me make up my own decision. TMZ was about the only one who just showed the video clip from start to end. :-) Sorry, I am off my pedestal now.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:36 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
It would be better to watch CNN and/or MSNBC in addition to Fox than to watch just Fox or just CNN/MSNBC.

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 02:36 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Why does this story feel like the rest? Has everyone not learned yet?
It's "hand up don't shoot" all over again. Only this one happened back in February. Now all of a sudden it's national front page news. :-)

Yeah, I smell moonbat frying in the skillet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:36 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Yeah I agree it was dumb but did they do anything illegal? In some situations though, a civilian can legally arrest someone. Is this one of those situations? Also were they trying to arrest Arbrey or just talk to him? I can see them getting into trouble if brandishing a firearm is a felony crime.
I don't know if they did anything illegal. I don't think the video shows enough to make that call. What they did was tactically unsound. As for what their true intentions were, again we can't really know that from the video. People lie all the time. Personally I've had people tell me "I just want to talk to you," when what they really wanted to do was get me to go with them so they could try and kick my ass.

'Brandishing' in most of the country is illegal, though not necessarily a felony, IIRC, in many states. In AZ, I believe it's 'Disorderly conduct.'
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:38 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Fox is better than CNN and MSNBC these days, but it shouldn't be your only view of the news. It would be better to watch CNN and/or MSNBC in addition to Fox than to watch just Fox or just CNN/MSNBC.
Its not a Fox only diet, I get other news from my yahoo page, The Federalist, National Review, The Hill etc
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 02:41 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. If he's not on your property and not threatening your safety it's not your job.
Exactly. All they had to do was tail him, let him keep running, where's he going? They know his identity, no need for a confrontation. Cops have already been notified.
[Reply]
banyon 03:56 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
In the video it appears he was shot struggling for the gun.

He was 3 miles from his mom's house. Assuming he lived with his mom he was probably out for a jog. I don't think you walk 3 miles to go rob a house. Maybe he was out for some reason, like returning from work or going to work and a robbery opportunity presented itself...but if that is the case I think the story would say Arbrey was walking/jogging home from work.
Appreciate the answer and this is what I suspect, which could be a viable defense to premeditation in any event.

What I am wondering is where the injury is and the distance the shot was fired from and whether that's consistent with a discharge during the struggle for the weapon.

People do steal stuff close to their homes though. Yeah not smart.
[Reply]
banyon 03:57 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=66
Ok I appreciate the surveillance footage info.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:46 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If I remember correctly, there was video of him actually trying to break into a house from a short time before this incident. Like days or weeks or something.

And I don't believe a retired cop is legally anything more than a civilian. Could be wrong on that. But once this guy ignored the command to stop, escalating the situation by trying to physically stop him was a tactical mistake.

The guy's on foot; just follow him to wherever he's going and report that destination to the police. If one of the would-be vigilantes is really a retired cop he should get quick response from his former brethren, IMO. Actual cops show up and deal with the situation from there.

My point is that as a lone black man, when two civilian white men (did the retired cop identify himself as a retired cop? Or was he just another guy) try to stop you on the street armed with guns, a lot of crazy ideas are probably going to run through his head. Visions of a lynching might be in there. These thoughts might make a person react irrationally. He might've panicked and decided the best option in that situation was to just try and get away, or fight for his life.

Some of the things we learn and teach in defensive firearms classes is that we aren't cops. Don't try to act like cops. Don't try to arrest or stop people. Let the cops be cops.

Don't even draw your weapon unless you're being threatened. Don't escalate situations by being confrontational unless your life or the life of another is being threatened.

These guys violated most of those rules.
This is why I couldn't understand people who defended George Zimmerman. I support the 2nd ammendment and the 99% of gun owners who take that responsibility seriously. When people abuse that awesome responsibility, they deserve very little benefit of a doubt. It is extremely irresponsible to carry a gun and then provoke a confrontation that might lead to you having to use it. There's a reason why vigilante justice is discouraged. Leave that shit for the cops. Maybe if they feared he was armed they'd have some benefit of the doubt but that seems really unlikely here.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 04:51 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
Ok I appreciate the surveillance footage info.
I am curious if more video exist that captures what the two white guys said after the Arbery was shot. I don't think we got to see all the video that was captured from the cell phone.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:29 PM 05-08-2020
:-)




We are deeply disturbed by the killing of #AhmaudArbery and hope the grand jury faithfully carries out its duty and justice will be served. https://t.co/3MJ81M05uz

— ADL Southeast (@ADLSoutheast) May 6, 2020

[Reply]
Eleazar 06:30 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This is why I couldn't understand people who defended George Zimmerman. I support the 2nd ammendment and the 99% of gun owners who take that responsibility seriously. When people abuse that awesome responsibility, they deserve very little benefit of a doubt. It is extremely irresponsible to carry a gun and then provoke a confrontation that might lead to you having to use it. There's a reason why vigilante justice is discouraged. Leave that shit for the cops. Maybe if they feared he was armed they'd have some benefit of the doubt but that seems really unlikely here.
People were defending Zimmerman because he confronted someone for a more or less reasonable purpose, someone who then attacked him and was beating his head against the pavement when he fired in self defense, at least as far as can be known. That's not to say that Zimmerman should have confronted him, but carrying a weapon does not mean you no longer have the right to ask someone what they are doing on private property where you believe they don't belong.

These idiots were laying in wait for someone on a public street who had every right to be there, and when they confronted him he had every right to leave without speaking to them. He tried to avoid the confrontation and escape but they would not let him. They were the aggressor, not him. He tried to de-escalate, they did not. Their Billy Badass routine was entirely to blame for the confrontation during which Arbery acted reasonably and only fought when he was in imminent peril.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
These idiots were laying in wait for someone on a public street who had every right to be there, and when they confronted him he had every right to leave without speaking to them. He tried to avoid the confrontation and escape but they would not let him. They were the aggressor, not him. He tried to de-escalate, they did not. Their Billy Badass routine was entirely to blame for the confrontation during which Arbery acted reasonably and only fought when he was in imminent peril.
This appears to be accurate based on what we can see in the video. What we can't see or hear before the video starts and even during is up in the air. Bottom line, their plan didn't go as they expected, and someone died because of it.
[Reply]
BDj23 06:54 PM 05-08-2020
I just don't care
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:08 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This appears to be accurate based on what we can see in the video. What we can't see or hear before the video starts and even during is up in the air. Bottom line, their plan didn't go as they expected, and someone died because of it.
I don't think they had a plan.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:33 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I donít have enough information on this one to form my opinion yet.

However, I will stress that itís always a good idea to wait for all of the evidence to come out before getting outraged or dismissing the issue.

Video clips like this have proven to be extremely misleading at times. Covington immediately comes to mind.

If you take a strong stance on a controversy then more evidence comes out, it really seems to weaken your point (even if the evidence doesnít completely invalidate your point).

If I had to guess, I think the original narrative as a whole will prove to be incorrect in some aspects. The importance of these aspects to the overall situation remains to be seen.
Yep.:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up