ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Video Shows Fatal Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
BigRichard 05:38 AM 05-06-2020
I suspect these idiots are going to hang at this point... no pun intended.

Someone have a quick way to embed that video at the link?

#AhmaudArbery This is the full video footage of this awful murder. No words to describe this awful, horrible thing they did to this innocent young man who was just jogging. pic.twitter.com/tXlu174PeP

— thatboy (@thatbator) May 6, 2020

Originally Posted by :
The fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery -- a 25-year-old black man out for a jog when he was chased and killed -- was caught on video, prompting a call for a grand jury to review the case.

Arbery's death is being referred to as a modern-day lynching, as he was unarmed when he was gunned down in Brunswick, GA on February 23 by a white citizen named Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged. He also happens to be the son of a former district attorney investigator.

As you can see in the video, Arbery was jogging when he was stopped by McMichael and his father in a white pickup truck. McMichael was armed with a shotgun. Arbery appears to attempt to run around the truck before he and McMichael start grappling.

After at least 2 shots, the men continued struggling over the gun ... until Arbery stumbles away, shot in the mid-section, and then collapses to the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/05/shoot...orgia-jogging/
On a side note here, this is what pisses me off the most about a lot of media sources. When i searched for this video I got several named media sites and every last one of the ****ers were cutting up the video and not showing the entire thing and also adding there own color commentary(still no pun intended). Just show me the ****ing video and let me make up my own decision. TMZ was about the only one who just showed the video clip from start to end. :-) Sorry, I am off my pedestal now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:31 PM 05-08-2020
This guy may well have been the neighborhood robber, but Iím not cool with an armed roadblock... thatís some shit youíd see in Iraq

Unless youíre the cops or military youíve got no business doing it, if you feel that strongly that heís guilty follow him as far as possible and report his location to the cops
[Reply]
banyon 01:33 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
1. How was he shot? Was it in the struggle for the weapon? If so there may be a question about the intentionality of the shooting.

2. Was he really out for a run? If so why did he aggressively run toward the people with the weapon? Thatís unusual behavior.

3. Why did the person in the back start filming? Was there a visual or auditory event that caused him to think to pull out his phone?
Any answers to these yet?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:37 PM 05-08-2020
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=66
[Reply]
vailpass 01:39 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This guy may well have been the neighborhood robber, but Iím not cool with an armed roadblock... thatís some shit youíd see in Iraq

Unless youíre the cops or military youíve got no business doing it, if you feel that strongly that heís guilty follow him as far as possible and report his location to the cops
Yep. If he's not on your property and not threatening your safety it's not your job.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:43 PM 05-08-2020
If these gay-ass vigilantes aren’t careful they’re going to start getting shot at themselves.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:44 PM 05-08-2020
Guy had a record, IIRC, and there's apparently video of him robbing a house. Doesn't give those two yahoos the right to shoot him though. They should've taken his pic and reported him to the cops. Maybe followed him at a distance to wherever he was going so they could give that info to LE.

But they aren't cops; they had no business confronting him over a possible robbery/theft. All they had was a guy running down the street, not posing a threat to anyone. Once he tried to take that man's gun, he posed a threat, but those to would-be vigilantes instigated that.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:02 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Guy had a record, IIRC, and there's apparently video of him robbing a house. Doesn't give those two yahoos the right to shoot him though. They should've taken his pic and reported him to the cops. Maybe followed him at a distance to wherever he was going so they could give that info to LE.

But they aren't cops; they had no business confronting him over a possible robbery/theft. All they had was a guy running down the street, not posing a threat to anyone. Once he tried to take that man's gun, he posed a threat, but those to would-be vigilantes instigated that.
Video of him robbing at house or did he walk onto a construction site to look around? Also one of the guys who tried to stop him was a retired cop. Is it unlawful for a retired cop to yell at Arbery, "Hey stop we want to talk to you!". Its not a clear cut situation.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:08 PM 05-08-2020
In the video it appears he was shot struggling for the gun.

He was 3 miles from his mom's house. Assuming he lived with his mom he was probably out for a jog. I don't think you walk 3 miles to go rob a house. Maybe he was out for some reason, like returning from work or going to work and a robbery opportunity presented itself...but if that is the case I think the story would say Arbrey was walking/jogging home from work.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:09 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Video of him robbing at house or did he walk onto a construction site to look around? Also one of the guys who tried to stop him was a retired cop. Is it unlawful for a retired cop to yell at Arbery, "Hey stop we want to talk to you!". Its not a clear cut situation.
No itís not unlawful to say we wanna talk to you, but since he is no longer a cop Arbery had no obligation to play along

Have you been watching the news on this? These guys are getting roasted by every legal expert on earth... theyíre in deep shit
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:12 PM 05-08-2020
No it’s not unlawful to say we wanna talk to you, but since he is no longer a cop Arbery had no obligation to play along

Have you been watching the news on this? These guys are getting roasted by every legal expert on earth... they’re in deep shit
I haven't watched any legal experts weigh in on the matter. I agree Arbery had no obligation to play along. It also looks to me that Arbery was trying to avoid them at first. I am curious under what circumstance the two men's actions would be justified under the law in that jurisdiction. I see the homicide an accident that happened. Once Arbery tries to wrestle the gun away, what is the guy holding the gun supposed to do? Nobody can answer that question. I also can't fault Arbery for trying to wrestle the gun away, his other less aggressive attempts to avoid the confrontation failed. If the accident happened during the commission of a crime, then those committing the crime need to be punished for Arbery's death.

Also if you are watching CNN and/or MSNBC you're being fed the narrative they want you to believe....Don't trust them to put legal experts up who would take the side of the two white guys.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:20 PM 05-08-2020
If I remember correctly, there was video of him actually trying to break into a house from a short time before this incident. Like days or weeks or something.

And I don't believe a retired cop is legally anything more than a civilian. Could be wrong on that. But once this guy ignored the command to stop, escalating the situation by trying to physically stop him was a tactical mistake.

The guy's on foot; just follow him to wherever he's going and report that destination to the police. If one of the would-be vigilantes is really a retired cop he should get quick response from his former brethren, IMO. Actual cops show up and deal with the situation from there.

My point is that as a lone black man, when two civilian white men (did the retired cop identify himself as a retired cop? Or was he just another guy) try to stop you on the street armed with guns, a lot of crazy ideas are probably going to run through his head. Visions of a lynching might be in there. These thoughts might make a person react irrationally. He might've panicked and decided the best option in that situation was to just try and get away, or fight for his life.

Some of the things we learn and teach in defensive firearms classes is that we aren't cops. Don't try to act like cops. Don't try to arrest or stop people. Let the cops be cops.

Don't even draw your weapon unless you're being threatened. Don't escalate situations by being confrontational unless your life or the life of another is being threatened.

These guys violated most of those rules.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:23 PM 05-08-2020
I don’t have enough information on this one to form my opinion yet.

However, I will stress that it’s always a good idea to wait for all of the evidence to come out before getting outraged or dismissing the issue.

Video clips like this have proven to be extremely misleading at times. Covington immediately comes to mind.

If you take a strong stance on a controversy then more evidence comes out, it really seems to weaken your point (even if the evidence doesn’t completely invalidate your point).

If I had to guess, I think the original narrative as a whole will prove to be incorrect in some aspects. The importance of these aspects to the overall situation remains to be seen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:27 PM 05-08-2020
I haven't watched any legal experts weigh in on the matter. I agree Arbery had no obligation to play along. It also looks to me that Arbery was trying to avoid them at first. I am curious under what circumstance the two men's actions would be justified under the law in that jurisdiction. I see the homicide an accident that happened. Once Arbery tries to wrestle the gun away, what is the guy holding the gun supposed to do? Nobody can answer that question. I also can't fault Arbery for trying to wrestle the gun away, his other less aggressive attempts to avoid the confrontation failed. If the accident happened during the commission of a crime, then those committing the crime need to be punished for Arbery's death.

Also if you are watching CNN and/or MSNBC you're being fed the narrative they want you to believe....Don't trust them to put legal experts up who would take the side of the two white guys.
I only watch Fox, and all their expert guests say these guys are cooked
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:28 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Some of the things we learn and teach in defensive firearms classes is that we aren't cops. Don't try to act like cops. Don't try to arrest or stop people. Let the cops be cops.
Yeah I agree it was dumb but did they do anything illegal? In some situations though, a civilian can legally arrest someone. Is this one of those situations? Also were they trying to arrest Arbrey or just talk to him? I can see them getting into trouble if brandishing a firearm is a felony crime.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:31 PM 05-08-2020
I only watch Fox, and all their expert guests say these guys are cooked
Fox is better than CNN and MSNBC these days, but it shouldn't be your only view of the news. It would be better to watch CNN and/or MSNBC in addition to Fox than to watch just Fox or just CNN/MSNBC.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up