ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 45
« First < 344041424344 45 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Video Shows Fatal Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
BigRichard 05:38 AM 05-06-2020
I suspect these idiots are going to hang at this point... no pun intended.

Someone have a quick way to embed that video at the link?

#AhmaudArbery This is the full video footage of this awful murder. No words to describe this awful, horrible thing they did to this innocent young man who was just jogging. pic.twitter.com/tXlu174PeP

— thatboy (@thatbator) May 6, 2020

Originally Posted by :
The fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery -- a 25-year-old black man out for a jog when he was chased and killed -- was caught on video, prompting a call for a grand jury to review the case.

Arbery's death is being referred to as a modern-day lynching, as he was unarmed when he was gunned down in Brunswick, GA on February 23 by a white citizen named Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged. He also happens to be the son of a former district attorney investigator.

As you can see in the video, Arbery was jogging when he was stopped by McMichael and his father in a white pickup truck. McMichael was armed with a shotgun. Arbery appears to attempt to run around the truck before he and McMichael start grappling.

After at least 2 shots, the men continued struggling over the gun ... until Arbery stumbles away, shot in the mid-section, and then collapses to the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/05/shoot...orgia-jogging/
On a side note here, this is what pisses me off the most about a lot of media sources. When i searched for this video I got several named media sites and every last one of the ****ers were cutting up the video and not showing the entire thing and also adding there own color commentary(still no pun intended). Just show me the ****ing video and let me make up my own decision. TMZ was about the only one who just showed the video clip from start to end. :-) Sorry, I am off my pedestal now.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:22 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Murder means to unlawfully kill another human being. These guys killed Arbery there is no question about that. The question is did they do it unlawfully....because if they did kill Arbery unlawfully...then it is murder.
If this was truly murder. The law needs to change. Otherwise it is just another gift to criminals and it appears as though Arbery did have a history of stealing and thus he was probably afraid of being arrested/questioned. Police can't be everywhere and everyday citizens of all races need to be given the right to pursue people in real time who they think are up to no good.

If the guy who had the videotape thought he was a part of a murder, I doubt he would have videotaped the incident. All 3 wouldn't have.

At most, this should have been unintentional homicide or some charge like that. The videotaped evidence and their actions afterwards shows beyond any doubt whatsoever that they didn't go there to kill Arbery.

From what I remember, prosecutors at first recognized there was no intent to kill and only charged the case under political pressure.
[Reply]
tooge 02:54 PM 11-24-2021
If there is one thing this case is not....it is not Plain and simple. Another thing this case is not is "Three white guys chasing down a black man and killing him for jogging in a white neighborhood" as was the narrative when the story broke.
Meh. I'm talking about the actual act of murder. Yeah, the guy had a criminal past. Yeah, he was seen in and around the neighborhood snooping around. But, he hadn't stolen anything and hadn't assaulted anyone. So yes, three rednecks chased him down, tried to citizens arrest him, it turned into a fight, and one of them shot and killed him. Pretty fucking simple if you ask me. If you try to citizens arrest me, good luck. Anyone trying that needs to get fucked up. That job is for the cops. They called the cops and should have just gone home and let them handle it.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:39 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
Meh. I'm talking about the actual act of murder. Yeah, the guy had a criminal past. Yeah, he was seen in and around the neighborhood snooping around. But, he hadn't stolen anything and hadn't assaulted anyone. So yes, three rednecks chased him down, tried to citizens arrest him, it turned into a fight, and one of them shot and killed him. Pretty ****ing simple if you ask me. If you try to citizens arrest me, good luck. Anyone trying that needs to get ****ed up. That job is for the cops. They called the cops and should have just gone home and let them handle it.
One of the vigilantes was a retired cop. You're leaving that out of your narrative. It is important because your are essentially claiming that these guys should leave the policing to the professionals when one of them was a professional...just a retired one.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:20 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
If this was truly murder. The law needs to change. Otherwise it is just another gift to criminals and it appears as though Arbery did have a history of stealing and thus he was probably afraid of being arrested/questioned. Police can't be everywhere and everyday citizens of all races need to be given the right to pursue people in real time who they think are up to no good.

If the guy who had the videotape thought he was a part of a murder, I doubt he would have videotaped the incident. All 3 wouldn't have.

At most, this should have been unintentional homicide or some charge like that. The videotaped evidence and their actions afterwards shows beyond any doubt whatsoever that they didn't go there to kill Arbery.

From what I remember, prosecutors at first recognized there was no intent to kill and only charged the case under political pressure.
We don't need ordinary citizens proactively playing cops and robbers. No. The point of owning guns is to protect yourself and only use against people as a last resort, not to give you the courage to proactively go after people and unnecessarily create conflict. It's all fun and games until mistakes are made and even worse when you have guys like Zimmerman who become obsessive about seeking out trouble to solve vs reacting to something they saw. They had plenty of intel on Arbery and had a way more direct line to the police than the average citizen. Why was it crucial to take matters in their own hands?

where do you draw that line? Is it a guy who looks suspicious because he's wearing a hoodie? Is it overreacting to a noise complaint or littering? Are they more or less liable when they make Inevitable mistakes? At what point does the person being pursued also have a right to self defense because they're spooked by a stranger? How much do we trust ordinary strangers to accurately report what they saw? Shoot some guy, then claim they were breaking and entering. Do you really trust the hot head down the street with no security experience to be your neighborhood cop knowing they can pull a gun on your child? Because we're no longer talking self defense. Now we're talking about citizens playing offense and that's not a line you want to go too far down.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:32 AM 11-25-2021
https://thecrimereport.org/2018/02/2...ow-vigilantes/

This is a terrific read for anyone wanting a nuanced view. Pretty fair and balanced. Speaks to some of the history behind vigilantism and the hidden but massive shadow vigilantism that explains a lot of the problems we have today in the criminal justice system.
[Reply]
NEOM 03:41 AM 11-25-2021
One of the vigilantes was a retired cop. You're leaving that out of your narrative. It is important because your are essentially claiming that these guys should leave the policing to the professionals when one of them was a professional...just a retired one.
Key word is retired. He had no business playing police. If your life is not in danger, leave the work to the police. Now he will be in prison for life.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:13 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Key word is retired. He had no business playing police. If your life is not in danger, leave the work to the police. Now he will be in prison for life.
Does a retired doctor have no business rendering first aid? I'm trying to understand your position here. Is it your position retired professionals should no longer practice their profession?

What if the situation changed slightly....suppose the cop wasn't retired but just off duty. If the situation went down otherwise exactly the same, would the off duty cop be guilty of murder?

What it wasn't an off duty cop, but one in plain clothes? Still murder?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:58 PM 11-25-2021
Does a retired doctor have no business rendering first aid? I'm trying to understand your position here. Is it your position retired professionals should no longer practice their profession?

What if the situation changed slightly....suppose the cop wasn't retired but just off duty. If the situation went down otherwise exactly the same, would the off duty cop be guilty of murder?

What it wasn't an off duty cop, but one in plain clothes? Still murder?
Travis McMichaels, the shooter, was not a former cop. The driver who trapped Arbery in wasnt a cop either. 2 out of 3 not qualified to handle this.

McMichael himself said he never witnessed a break in. They saw Arbery running and assumed guilt. Just because footage later showed he was in a construction site doesn't mean you can assume the vigilantes had any knowledge of this. Even if he was a cop thats a pretty dubious suspicion to react that aggressively to a crime you never saw. Not sure how you expect an non armed man to respond to three plain clothes people in a truck drawing guns and threatening to blow his ****ing head off.

Retired cops get some leeway. But not entirely. They are there to respond to an emergency which this was not. They have way less leeway to use lethal force. Mcmichael even admitted on the stand Arbery was not a threat to them let alone to the community. And yes, doctors have considerably less protection if they practice medicine in a non emergency once they stop practicing
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:59 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
https://thecrimereport.org/2018/02/2...ow-vigilantes/

This is a terrific read for anyone wanting a nuanced view. Pretty fair and balanced. Speaks to some of the history behind vigilantism and the hidden but massive shadow vigilantism that explains a lot of the problems we have today in the criminal justice system.
Nothing but SJW woke nonsense that you adore.

This is completely ridiculous

Originally Posted by :
TCR: Although the history of vigilantism in this country is more nuanced than the Klu Klux Klan, the history of white supremacist groups terrorizing and killing African-Americans is very much a part of American historyÖ and one that is still playing out today.
This is just as ridiculous.

Originally Posted by :
So, for example, one of the stories in the book is about a neighborhood that has a serious crime problem. They get together and create a neighborhood watch group that is fairly aggressive and they are actually extremely successful at reducing crime in their neighborhood, which you might see as a huge success story. This neighborhood watch group qualifies as vigilantes because they go a little outside the law sometimes, they are stepping in and doing what they think the police should be doing, but when you step back and look at the larger situation what you find is that [while] itís now a better world for them because their crime rate is down so much, what in fact has happened is a lot of that crime has simply been pushed off into neighboring communities that donít have as an effective neighborhood watch.

[Reply]
Carr4MVP 01:02 PM 11-25-2021
BLM told me that these incidents never end in justice.

Another narrative falls.
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 01:03 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Some person actually wrote that???

So they are blaming a neighborhood for doing the right thing because another neighborhood is too lazy to do the same?

Idiotic.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:27 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Good lord you Literally cherry picked an entirely interview. They poked at him to comment on if it's grounded in racism and love of guns and he said largely no. Tell me you didn't read it without telling me you didn't read it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:31 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Some person actually wrote that???

So they are blaming a neighborhood for doing the right thing because another neighborhood is too lazy to do the same?

Idiotic.
He conveniently left this part out.

"One of the problems of individual group vigilante action is that itís not done at a larger stage, or national, or even city level, so it has that potential of simply solving the problem for one group at the expense of neighboring groups, and while itís hard to deny that this is moral vigilante action, from a larger societal point of view itís not a good solution.

Better that the government do that, extend more resources if need be, undertake the policy that we are better at reducing crime and apply that policy to all communities in the area. So itís not a matter of just pushing the crime next door, but rather preventing it. Thatís just an example of how, even if on its own terms moral vigilantism seems morally justifiable, it doesnít necessarily mean itís good for society."
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:38 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
BLM told me that these incidents never end in justice.

Another narrative falls.
The case made it to court because one of the dudes was stupid enough to leak a video. Prior to that it was covered up by the prosecutor and swept under the rug from the police investigation. So the narrative still applies. It almost never even made it to court.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:56 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Good lord you Literally cherry picked an entirely interview. They poked at him to comment on if it's grounded in racism and love of guns and he said largely no. Tell me you didn't read it without telling me you didn't read it.
I read 90% of it, its absolute nonsense that even contradicts itself in several parts of it.

And I didn't need to cherry pick it, there is nonsense like I posted throughout the whole thing.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 45
« First < 344041424344 45 >
Up