ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Video Shows Fatal Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
BigRichard 05:38 AM 05-06-2020
I suspect these idiots are going to hang at this point... no pun intended.

Someone have a quick way to embed that video at the link?

#AhmaudArbery This is the full video footage of this awful murder. No words to describe this awful, horrible thing they did to this innocent young man who was just jogging. pic.twitter.com/tXlu174PeP

— thatboy (@thatbator) May 6, 2020

Originally Posted by :
The fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery -- a 25-year-old black man out for a jog when he was chased and killed -- was caught on video, prompting a call for a grand jury to review the case.

Arbery's death is being referred to as a modern-day lynching, as he was unarmed when he was gunned down in Brunswick, GA on February 23 by a white citizen named Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged. He also happens to be the son of a former district attorney investigator.

As you can see in the video, Arbery was jogging when he was stopped by McMichael and his father in a white pickup truck. McMichael was armed with a shotgun. Arbery appears to attempt to run around the truck before he and McMichael start grappling.

After at least 2 shots, the men continued struggling over the gun ... until Arbery stumbles away, shot in the mid-section, and then collapses to the ground. He was later pronounced dead.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/05/shoot...orgia-jogging/
On a side note here, this is what pisses me off the most about a lot of media sources. When i searched for this video I got several named media sites and every last one of the ****ers were cutting up the video and not showing the entire thing and also adding there own color commentary(still no pun intended). Just show me the ****ing video and let me make up my own decision. TMZ was about the only one who just showed the video clip from start to end. :-) Sorry, I am off my pedestal now.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 07:36 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I just don't care
Many here, and others of your ilk, are probably giving dancing in the streets...we know.

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its not a Fox only diet, I get other news from my yahoo page, The Federalist, National Review, The Hill etc

Echo chamber, by definition. Congrats... :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:00 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Many here, and others of your ilk, are probably giving dancing in the streets...we know.

Your popcorn fart is duly noted
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:01 PM 05-08-2020
I hadn't considered what a couple posters brought up.. Whether or not they were legally allowed to try a citizens arrest, it seemed like guns weren't being pointed (based on the guy in the back of the pickup) until the runner tried to disarm the other guy. At that point, the prosecutor will argue he was trying to defend himself, but the defense will argue that the armed guy's life was threatened in the event the runner got the gun.
[Reply]
-King- 09:06 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I hadn't considered what a couple posters brought up.. Whether or not they were legally allowed to try a citizens arrest, it seemed like guns weren't being pointed (based on the guy in the back of the pickup) until the runner tried to disarm the other guy. At that point, the prosecutor will argue he was trying to defend himself, but the defense will argue that the armed guy's life was threatened in the event the runner got the gun.
Then the argument would be you should wait until a shotgun is pointed directly at you for you to defend yourself.
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:13 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Then the argument would be you should wait until a shotgun is pointed directly at you for you to defend yourself.
I'd argue people should be free to walk around carrying firearms so long as they aren't threatening people. If you've got your shotgun over your shoulder or held across your body and someone tries to take it from you, I can understand that you'd want to defend yourself.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:22 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
People were defending Zimmerman because he confronted someone for a more or less reasonable purpose, someone who then attacked him and was beating his head against the pavement when he fired in self defense, at least as far as can be known. That's not to say that Zimmerman should have confronted him, but carrying a weapon does not mean you no longer have the right to ask someone what they are doing on private property where you believe they don't belong.

These idiots were laying in wait for someone on a public street who had every right to be there, and when they confronted him he had every right to leave without speaking to them. He tried to avoid the confrontation and escape but they would not let him. They were the aggressor, not him. He tried to de-escalate, they did not. Their Billy Badass routine was entirely to blame for the confrontation during which Arbery acted reasonably and only fought when he was in imminent peril.
The Zimmerman case has more gray area. But it was clearly a case of a vigilante pursuing a guy who he did not expect to fight back. Sorry, it is not as different as you think. Responsible gun owners don't go looking to provoke fights. Not only did common sense tell him to stay back and let the cops do their job. The cops literally told him to do that over the phone.

A person concealing a firearm has an extra responsibility to not create a situation where they need to use it. And both cases are instances of private citizens abusing their rights.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:34 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:

One can have a different argument based upon the perspective of the individual involved. The person with the gun is theoretically allowed to claim self defense at a certain point even in an uneven (one with a weapon, and one without) encounter. The person without a gun is not forced to use that same point in time as his starting point to self defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:

I am not a conservative and while those journals are very conservative they're very different from fox News or breitbart. I sure as hell would never suggest any conservative read CNN at this point.

The Hill is actually not a bad publication for liberals to read if you're trying to see a broader perspective.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:49 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
One can have a different argument based upon the perspective on the individual involved. The person with the gun is theoretically allowed to claim self defense at a certain point even in an uneven (one with a weapon, and one without) encounter. The person without a gun is not forced to use that same point in time as his starting point to self defense.
And that claim becomes a lot more flimsy when you are carrying a gun and you provoke the action you know will lead to confrontation.

How should a reasonable person react to being cornered? How about cornered with guns drawn? This is not some spontaneous incident where guns were drawn in self defense. The ones with the guns were the instigators. You can't walk into a bar, draw a gun on someone shady, then claim self defense when the shady guy gets scared am fights back.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:16 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And that claim becomes a lot more flimsy when you are carrying a gun and you provoke the action you know will lead to confrontation.
The McMicheals are being charged with felony murder. I don't think they can argue self defense and expect to get out of it. Were McMicheals committing a crime when the confronted Arbery? Is it a crime for a private citizen to confront another person they believe committed a burglary? If a private citizen can confront another person the believe committed a burglary can they do it while armed? If the McMicheals were not breaking the law when they confronted Arbery they will probably not get convicted of murder.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:20 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
It's "hand up don't shoot" all over again. Only this one happened back in February. Now all of a sudden it's national front page news. :-)

Yeah, I smell moonbat frying in the skillet.
Best part?

Dude that got shot already had a history of resisting arrest, obstruction, stealing, and bringing stolen guns to school.

And the guy that shot him?

PROSECUTED HIS LATEST ARREST.

I'm sure he was just "jogging" in a random neighborhood that he didn't live close to but had been experiencing a rash of home invasions and break-ins...

He's another one who was "just getting his life together."

I'll bet he was "going to community college in the fall" and "he was an aspiring rapper."

****ing shit.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If these gay-ass vigilantes aren’t careful they’re going to start getting shot at themselves.
Yeah, the criminal tried to take the shotgun. Thought he had a weak ass old white man, then he got ventilated.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:27 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Best part?

Dude that got shot already had a history of resisting arrest, obstruction, stealing, and bringing stolen guns to school.

And the guy that shot him?

PROSECUTED HIS LATEST ARREST.

I'm sure he was just "jogging" in a random neighborhood that he didn't live close to but had been experiencing a rash of home invasions and break-ins...

He's another one who was "just getting his life together."

I'll bet he was "going to community college in the fall" and "he was an aspiring rapper."

****ing shit.
How is any of that relevant?
[Reply]
banyon 10:28 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
The McMicheals are being charged with felony murder. I don't think they can argue self defense and expect to get out of it. Were McMicheals committing a crime when the confronted Arbery? Is it a crime for a private citizen to confront another person they believe committed a burglary? If a private citizen can confront another person the believe committed a burglary can they do it while armed? If the McMicheals were not breaking the law when they confronted Arbery they will probably not get convicted of murder.
Originally Posted by :
The felony murder charges against Gregory McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34, mean that a victim was killed during the commission of an underlying felony, in this case aggravated assault. The charge doesn't require intent to kill.
The fact that they were charged with felony murder tells me that the charging attorney also was concerned with not being able to prove the firearm was intentionally discharged. Felony murder is a rule that if someone dies while you are committing an inherently dangerous offense, that you are responsible for that death as well.

I have looked but cannot find the complaint language anywhere, but normally the “merger doctrine” means that the homicide must be distinct from the assault which caused the death. I am wondering if they described the vehicle swerve or simply getting out of the vehicle to confront him, or chasing him as the separate assault. If so, all of the possibilities you raise here will undoubtedly come up at trial.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:41 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
How is any of that relevant?
You're kidding right?
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:47 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
.... neighborhood that he didn't live close to but had been experiencing a rash of home invasions and break-ins...
THAT has already been debunked. I suspect much of their explanation/alibi will be similarly debunked. They embellished their story and hope their homies would cover their asses. Could be wrong; we'll see.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up