ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rape charges dropped against Araiza and other SDSU players
Stewie 07:54 PM 12-07-2022
Former Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza and former teammates on the San Diego State football team will not face criminal charges in connection with an alleged gang rape of a minor that occurred at an off-campus party in October 2021, the San Diego County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday.

"Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The DA's office said the San Diego Police Department did not recommend charges be filed when the case was submitted in early August.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:29 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Exactly.

Don't put yourself in bad situations.

But for some reason, that common sense advice isn't allowed to be said without some white knight yelling "victim blaming!"

Not at all.

I don't go into the bad parts of cities because I know the risks. No one should be raped. But many young women can reduce the odds of it happening by being smart.

When I am at an intersection and the light turns green. I wait a second to make sure no idiot is trying to run a red. I shouldn't have to do that but I almost got killed once because some idiot did run a red and I got T-Boned.

Be careful and put yourself in good situations.
100%. Oh and I do the same at lights, especially crossing a street on foot. Regardless of blame or justice being served later or what, the shitty thing that happened still effects the individual and their family. Preventing said shitty thing (although never 100% possible) should be paramount. If you put yourself in a bad situation/circumstance, and a scumbag takes advantage of that, **** them and they are a POS. But you are still dead or raped or FUBAR'd. So just try to be safe and keep awareness. I understand the allure to get drunk and think with people you really know or a spouse/partner, awesome. But not having control of your mental faculties with relative unknowns or strangers or people not totally trustworthy? Nah.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:30 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well no shit, but doesn't mean it's suddenly cool and good.
No one is saying that.

Fact is, evil exists, and no matter of platitudes will dissuade its actions.

A woman being too drunk to consent isn't licence for sex, but rapists aren't going to care about morals. Hence, a lady would be smart to take precautions to protect herself. People can say, "she shouldn't have to worry about that." Well, yes, but this isn't an utopia.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:31 PM 12-08-2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:45 PM 12-08-2022
Girl was all for a gangbang. They got too rough, and her parents found out after that she cried rape to absolve herself. Now with a humiliating video.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:14 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, go back and look up any post I’ve ever made concerning rape. I clearly don’t believe any such thing, considering that my favorite suggestion for punishing rapists is to be drawn and quartered.

Your problem is that you refuse to accept the truth that even young girls need to be accountable their riskier decisions.

I don't need to. I've read one post from you implying girls who wear skimpy clothes deserve to have men grab their ass and that's terrible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:35 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't need to. I've read one post from you implying girls who wear skimpy clothes deserve to have men grab their ass and that's terrible.
Wth? Never said that, sport. Try again.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:03 PM 12-08-2022
I had to re-read that earlier because I had no idea what 'ct' was, but FTR it was "if a girl is being a cock-tease', so probably more than skimpy clothes and like being a flirt, hitting on guys, and then being (fakingly) super offended when someone slaps her on the ass.

And that's the problem with conversations like this, because there's so much gray area between the black and white "victim blaming" and making it out to be 100% on the douche punter.

I was first reading Carr's posts closer to "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", when in reality all he was saying is there are lessons learned on both sides (which is absolutely true). Not a right/wrong argument, but simply saying there are assholes everywhere, so you better know how to protect yourself and not get yourself into situations (again, not victim blaming).
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:27 PM 12-08-2022
ct='cock tease,' isn't clothes. Who ever thinks that means clothes?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:31 PM 12-08-2022
He made a post talking about girls being cock teases before he abbreviated it to "ct" so I knew what he was getting at.

Who gives a shit if he was talking about skimpy clothes or flirting? Both could be consider cock teasing realistically.

What's important is that he says girls who act like cock teases and get upset when a guy slaps their ass are stupid. It's about as cut and dry as it gets.

Dude's a scumbag.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 PM 12-08-2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Exactly.

Don't put yourself in bad situations.

But for some reason, that common sense advice isn't allowed to be said without some white knight yelling "victim blaming!"

Not at all.

I don't go into the bad parts of cities because I know the risks. No one should be raped. But many young women can reduce the odds of it happening by being smart.

When I am at an intersection and the light turns green. I wait a second to make sure no idiot is trying to run a red. I shouldn't have to do that but I almost got killed once because some idiot did run a red and I got T-Boned.

Be careful and put yourself in good situations.
Same way I treat riding the motorcycle.

I yield to EVERYTHING. I'm hyper-aware when I'm on the bike because right, wrong or otherwise, they have a steel cage and 4 wheels; I don't.

Oh sure - I may have had the right of way and I may be in the right if someone changes lanes into me - but I'M the one that ends up a greasy smear so maybe I'm just better served to just make sure I don't ride in anyone's blind spot.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wasn't necessarily referencing the video with the ct bit. But even when I went to college, there were girls that would ct, and then get upset when some guy would grab her ass or whatever. It's stupid behavior .

This is what I'm referring to. I don't think anyone would disagree that everyone involved needs to be smarter to avoid these types of issues.

This bit is an entirely different can of worms. You can't defend this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:39 PM 12-08-2022
He made a post talking about girls being cock teases before he abbreviated it to "ct" so I knew what he was getting at.

Who gives a shit if he was talking about skimpy clothes or flirting? Both could be consider cock teasing realistically.

What's important is that he says girls who act like cock teases and get upset when a guy slaps their ass are stupid. It's about as cut and dry as it gets.

Dude's a scumbag.
Lolz.

Apparently you care, dipstick.

I didnt say they were stupid, I said they'd get upset. And it is 'stupid' behavior. There is a difference between being stupid and making a stupid mistake.

But you believe whatever you want to believe. Try taking a class in reading comprehension though. Might help you not say stupid things in the future.

(see how that works right there? I didn't say you were stupid. I said you made a stupid mistake)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:02 PM 12-08-2022
Can it, you fucking weirdo pervert.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 PM 12-08-2022
This is what I'm referring to. I don't think anyone would disagree that everyone involved needs to be smarter to avoid these types of issues.

This bit is an entirely different can of worms. You can't defend this.
Except if you asked 10 people to define cock-tease in very specific terms of what a 'ct' would/wouldn't do, you'd probably get things ranging from flirty eye contact to massaging dude's inner thigh, which would clearly matter whether smacking someone on the ass was a proportional response or not.... and you're clearly using your own definition while he's using his.

Most people in that case look for clarification, but some go the route you did. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up