ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 59
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
Fish 03:02 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
HOLY SHIT!
[Reply]
Fish 03:05 PM 01-04-2017
Also... what's the big ass shield shaped ship on the bottom? Not sure I've seen that design.....

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:33 PM 01-04-2017
Mon Mothma
Death Troopers
TIE Interceptors
Hammerhead Cruiser
Darth Maul
Mandalore
The Darksaber
Maul
Obi Wan on Tatooine

Soooooooooo good!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:12 PM 01-04-2017
Finally, Kenobi.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:43 PM 01-04-2017
That ship is the carrier they stole isn't it?

My favorite was the blink-and-you-miss-it scene with Sabine wielding Ezra's lightsaber running toward someone who evidently took the darksaber from her.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:05 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mon Mothma
Death Troopers
TIE Interceptors
Hammerhead Cruiser
Darth Maul
Mandalore
The Darksaber
Maul
Obi Wan on Tatooine

Soooooooooo good!
I would love to see Maul return to the big screen in the Obi Wan trilogy.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:41 AM 01-05-2017

[Reply]
Bowser 01:17 AM 01-06-2017
That ship is the carrier they stole isn't it?

My favorite was the blink-and-you-miss-it scene with Sabine wielding Ezra's lightsaber running toward someone who evidently took the darksaber from her.
That's what it looks like to me, the stolen Imperial carrier.

And that appears to be a Mandolorian running at Sabine with the Darksaber. Someone "challenging" her, as Kaanan predicted?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:18 AM 01-06-2017
And that really sounded like Sir Alec at the end...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:45 PM 01-10-2017
Have to say I really didn't like Ghosts of Geonosis much.

On to next week.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:50 PM 01-10-2017
Have to say I really didn't like Ghosts of Geonosis much.

On to next week.
I'm with you. Felt like both parts just "missed" somehow. And that was almost a criminal misuse of Saw Gerrera, like they were forcing him into the episode just because. Hopefully it set something up we don't realize yet (like how all of Saw's soldiers were dead and obviously not killed by a single scared Geonosian), and it will make sense then.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:54 PM 01-10-2017
My guess is the single scared bug is trying to protect a creche, which would be a significant reversal of fortune for the species. Then we'll see an emotional Saw come to terms with the fact that the evil bug(s) that he has been at war with and killed his team are actually innocents.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:00 AM 01-11-2017
Just caught ghosts of geonosis and inside man. GoG wasn't terrible, I think it was a good way to introduce Saw into the series, but may have missed an opportunity to do more. Inside Man was excellent though. Thrawn's handling of the insurgency into the factory was classic empire. I fully expected him mistakenly blame the female officer as the mole. I guess he's too calculating to make that assumption/mistake.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:40 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm with you. Felt like both parts just "missed" somehow. And that was almost a criminal misuse of Saw Gerrera, like they were forcing him into the episode just because. Hopefully it set something up we don't realize yet (like how all of Saw's soldiers were dead and obviously not killed by a single scared Geonosian), and it will make sense then.
I could be wrong, but I think it was supposed to be the army of droids that the scared Geonosian was controlling that killed all of Saw's soldiers.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:45 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I could be wrong, but I think it was supposed to be the army of droids that the scared Geonosian was controlling that killed all of Saw's soldiers.
D'oh. I'm and idiot.

Still, those are shitty troops to get wiped out by a bunch of clankers. :-)
[Reply]
Page 51 of 59
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up