ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 92
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:36 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I read somewhere they struck down a renovation proposal 20 years ago (iirc) and then came back a couple years later and it passed... feels like it'll happen again.

They hastily made up a plan and will get an idea of where voters stand, while getting a bunch of feedback as it's struck down... and then they still have 7 years to put it up for another vote once they address the issues, while it hopefully won't feel as much like a strong-arm next time.
This is probably the way.

I honestly can't believe how poor this roll out is.

They basically just want this hand out and do not want to give a lot of details...the ones they give are abstract and non binding and then they are like...hey just trust us we will figure out the details later.

Fucking stupid.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:39 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I read somewhere they struck down a renovation proposal 20 years ago (iirc) and then came back a couple years later and it passed... feels like it'll happen again.

They hastily made up a plan and will get an idea of where voters stand, while getting a bunch of feedback as it's struck down... and then they still have 7 years to put it up for another vote once they address the issues, while it hopefully won't feel as much like a strong-arm next time.
Yeah, I didn't think there was anyway this didn't pass, but it's starting to feel that way. If it doesn't pass, then they have time to stop being so secretive and sketchy and give this another shot. A quick Google search says it takes 1.5-3 years to build a stadium. That's plenty of time.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:40 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:

They basically just want this hand out and do not want to give a lot of details...the ones they give are abstract and non binding and then they are like...hey just trust us we will figure out the details later.

****ing stupid.
Yeah, John Sherman seems to be a real fucking dipshit about this whole thing. Really seems like he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:43 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah, John Sherman seems to be a real ****ing dipshit about this whole thing. Really seems like he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
He knows he has legit leverage with Nashville waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:45 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He knows he has legit leverage with Nashville waiting in the wings.
Except they aren't moving to Nashville and that's not what this vote is about. Howcome you have such a hard time processing information? I've seen several of your posts in here and in DC.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah, John Sherman seems to be a real fucking dipshit about this whole thing. Really seems like he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
It's a grift, the amount of money he wants is about the same as the value of the Royals.

Dude wants the stadium to sell the Royals and double his worth.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 12:47 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Both. For whatever weird reason the Chiefs and the Royals always like to be a package deal.
I would assume chiefs football fans can pass it, royals, not so much.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:50 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Except they aren't moving to Nashville and that's not what this vote is about. Howcome you have such a hard time processing information? I've seen several of your posts in here and in DC.
You seriously don’t think relocating out of KC would be considered if this vote doesn’t pass?

Are you naive or just plain stupid?

I’ve seen several of your Reeruned posts here and in DC… so that probably answers the question.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:51 PM 03-28-2024
You seriously don’t think relocating out of KC would be considered if this vote doesn’t pass?

I’ve seen several of your Reeruned posts here and in DC… so that probably answers the question.
If the Royals were going to move to Nashville they would have done so already
[Reply]
Mecca 12:52 PM 03-28-2024

That would be years down the line, I'd think the could come up with a better plan in 7 years..

Also posting in that DC thread that the ship crash was a terrorist attack pretty much disqualifies calling anyone a moron ever again.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:52 PM 03-28-2024
Nashville is also in the process of paying for a new stadium for the Titans, they gonna just go ahead and ok another one at the same time?

Odds point to no.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:54 PM 03-28-2024
Keep believing that as you vote no.

You and Reeruns of your ilk such as the illiterate hack Frank White will look rather stupid when the Royals end up in Nashville, Portland, Salt Lake City, etc.

Are you aware there are at least five cities actively trying to lure an MLB franchise?
[Reply]
Pablo 01:02 PM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:

Fucking stupid.
If they'd just firmly stuck with the East Village site from the get-go and announced this thing six months ago; there wouldn't be a fight about this. It wouldn't be a hot topic.

Only the Royals could fumble a bag this hard, and they still might get their votes. But it's just because Jackson county voters will slap a 'yes' vote on anything they perceive makes them a 'big time city' - not because they earned those votes in an honest effort.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 03-28-2024
Keep believing that as you vote no.

You and Reeruns of your ilk such as the illiterate hack Frank White will look rather stupid when the Royals end up in Nashville, Portland, Salt Lake City, etc.

Are aware there are at least five cities actively trying to lure an MLB franchise?
Quite a few folks just couldn't give a shit to be frank. If they want to go, let them.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:04 PM 03-28-2024
KC hasn't had major league caliber baseball since 2015....do you really think that anyone would be that upset if the Royals moved?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 92
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up