ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:41 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Douchebags can't even wait for them to pull bodies out of the water before turning all attention towards themselves... :-)
It's what this country has become and it's fucking pathetic.
[Reply]
COchief 12:43 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
The regular ship pilot Captain and crew relinquish control of the ship to the Harbor Patrol crew and Pilot to navigate large container ships through the Harbor. This Harbor is considered a calm harbor so Tugs are not required to help the navigation.
This sounds like the worst job in the world. Randomly taking control of all kinds of different ships with different loads at the last minute and having to basically parallel park a semi with millions of dollars of cargo and ships on the line. Not enough money in the world for me to do something like that, glad to hear the poster above saying they are well compensated, sounds deserved.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:56 PM 03-26-2024
Downvote me some more, you DC cunts.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:56 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a thread in the DC about this being some sort of elaborate attack.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Of course there is....because they're ****ing idiots.
Has it been proposed yet that George Soros parachuted onto the deck and took control of the ship?
[Reply]
notorious 12:56 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by COchief:
This sounds like the worst job in the world. Randomly taking control of all kinds of different ships with different loads at the last minute and having to basically parallel park a semi with millions of dollars of cargo and ships on the line. Not enough money in the world for me to do something like that, glad to hear the poster above saying they are well compensated, sounds deserved.
No stress there, at all.

:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:00 PM 03-26-2024
Yeah I watched something on a boat pilot navigating large ships into/out of Norway using a river system to get to open sea

They showed 3D imaging of how close the boats got to everything underwater and I was riddled with anxiety just watching it on tv
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:02 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Has it been proposed yet that George Soros parachuted onto the deck and took control of the ship?
It's 3 PM so she may be passed out drunk already.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:03 PM 03-26-2024
And don't forget crawling out onto a ladder between two ships in stormy weather.

When I did my freighter trip, the first thing we did was leave San Francisco Bay. It was dark and the water was choppy, and when the harbor pilot left the ship they pulled the pilot boat right next to the hull and then put a gangplank across to a tiny door in the hull of the freighter, and the pilot crossed over. Apparently the system works, but it seemed like a lot of stuff could go wrong in that system.

It seems like the transfer would have happened after we crossed under the Golden Gate Bridge into the ocean, but I seem to remember that the pilot got off between the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe at that point they can set a straight course to go under the Golden Gate? Or maybe that area is wide enough where the regular captain could easily get it under the bridge. But it seems like the pilot would stay on until the freighter is out of any areas of congestion and stuff you can hit, like bridge pilings.
[Reply]
Regime 01:06 PM 03-26-2024
I just drove over that bridge the other day.

Man oh man
[Reply]
BWillie 01:13 PM 03-26-2024
Those barges and ships are just so so so heavy. I imagine it would take down almost any bridge if they run into it. I never really even thought about it but you basically are at their peril anytime you drive over one.
[Reply]
srvy 01:13 PM 03-26-2024
Wow Jennifer Homendy NTSB Chair got to the accident scene at 6 am she said proudly. This happened at 1:30 am. In her presser, she looked disheveled and unprepared. DC isn't far, why does this administration always start their press conferences with me me me?

Just give us the pertinent facts as are known at that time.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:18 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
There are definitely some kooks out there. This idiot is claiming that the aircraft warning lights, that you can clearly see flashing on and off before the collision, are actually explosive charges designed to bring down the bridge.

Sometimes....shit happens. It just happens.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:21 PM 03-26-2024
There are definitely some kooks out there. This idiot is claiming that the aircraft warning lights, that you can clearly see flashing on and off before the collision, are actually explosive charges designed to bring down the bridge.

based on that Twitter user name, I'm guessing it's satire/troll?
[Reply]
srvy 01:21 PM 03-26-2024

Those to me look like lights on structures in the background.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:42 PM 03-26-2024

Jesus Campos, a construction worker who knows the crew, said the men were from Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Mexico. They are in their 30s and 40s and have spouses and children.

“They are hard-working, humble men,” he said.

More updates to come for @BaltimoreBanner. pic.twitter.com/dhMoFTiU7I

— clara longo de freitas (@claralfreitas) March 26, 2024

I don't understand how they could get the cars off but not these workers.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up