ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3778 of 3903
« First < 2778327836783728376837743775377637773778 3779378037813782378838283878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:01 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Stories like this are why I got the booster at pretty much the first opportunity. I'll take whatever tiny extra risk of myocarditis or whatever over going through that.
I just checked and I'm not eligible yet. I'm going to wear short sleeves so I can save time as soon as they let me in.
[Reply]
TLO 02:31 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I got both doses of Pfizer this spring. Started feeling pretty sick yesterday and went to the doctor. Tested positive for COVID. Last night was the sickest I've been in many years. Cold, hot, nauseous, achy, nightmares, pounding headache etc. I'm not quite so bad today but can't walk very far because I'm so weak. I also still have a debilitating headache.

I've done a ton of traveling lately so who knows where I got it or who I've spread it to. The timing is horrible because we were just out of work for a week for SEMA in Vegas and one of my coworkers didn't make it back yet. He had a massive stroke the first night we were there. I'm supposed to be covering for him at work and now I'm out too. ****....

One note is that last Thursday I developed a rash on both arms. It wasn't like a rash I've ever had before and there was no obvious reason. It went away after a few days. A Google search indicates that plenty of people get a rash as their first symptom of COVID.

Do you have a pulse ox to monitor your oxygen levels? Might not be a bad idea to keep an eye on. I've had people with covid, no respiratory symptoms, and o2. in the low 90s.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:33 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I just checked and I'm not eligible yet. I'm going to wear short sleeves so I can save time as soon as they let me in.
I think anyone who wants it is eligible. I just had to check a box claiming I had one or more of a bunch of conditions. I figured borderline high blood pressure and overweight at age 52 works.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:34 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Local LTC facility has an outbreak at the moment 33 cases and as of yesterday no deaths and 1 hospitalization , all residents are vaccinated i doubt the results would have been similar pre vaccinations.
It's weird how the do your own research crowd literally never stumbles across any of this kind of stuff. Just random scary youtubes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:35 PM 11-09-2021
I think anyone who wants it is eligible. I just had to check a box claiming I had one or more of a bunch of conditions. I figured borderline high blood pressure and overweight at age 52 works.
It was with my health provider. They walked me through an eligibility checklist and they actually know the answers since they're my health provider. I answered no on everything and they sent me on my way.
[Reply]
TLO 02:35 PM 11-09-2021
This is true.

There are so many symptoms and conditions that make you "high risk" that if you look hard enough, you'll qualify for the booster.

And if you don't, and you want to get the booster anyway, click the box that says you have one of the conditions anyway. They're not going to care/check.
[Reply]
TLO 02:36 PM 11-09-2021
It was with my health provider. They walked me through an eligibility checklist and they actually know the answers since they're my health provider. I answered no on everything and they sent me on my way.
Register at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:36 PM 11-09-2021
I went to Walgreens, checked a box. They wanted to give me the flu shot and booster the same day, but I split them out so I'd know which one made me sick.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:50 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Register at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc.
I went to Walgreens, checked a box. They wanted to give me the flu shot and booster the same day, but I split them out so I'd know which one made me sick.
Yeah, I figure I could probably do that. I'd prefer to go through my provider, though, just to keep everything tidy. I'm not in a huge hurry to get the booster since I figure I'm not overly at risk, but I'd like to get it.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 03:17 PM 11-09-2021
Do you have a pulse ox to monitor your oxygen levels? Might not be a bad idea to keep an eye on. I've had people with covid, no respiratory symptoms, and o2. in the low 90s.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Thank you. Yes, I've been monitoring my oxygen. 95
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 03:20 PM 11-09-2021
Stories like this are why I got the booster at pretty much the first opportunity. I'll take whatever tiny extra risk of myocarditis or whatever over going through that.
We had planned to get our boosters this week. I won't do it for awhile now that I've also got natural immunity.
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 11-10-2021
Hospitalizations trending back up around here. As is the positivity rate.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:36 AM 11-10-2021
Noticed the national numbers are slightly ticking up again as well.

Here in Wichita, seems to still be on the decline.
[Reply]
Otter 09:37 AM 11-10-2021
:-)

Covid19 - the new herpes.
[Reply]
loochy 09:50 AM 11-10-2021

the vaccines finally crapped out?
[Reply]
Page 3778 of 3903
« First < 2778327836783728376837743775377637773778 3779378037813782378838283878 > Last »
Up