ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3718 of 3903
« First < 2718321836183668370837143715371637173718 3719372037213722372837683818 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 02:11 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Nutjobs trying to sneak ivermectin into the hospital is political?
I guess the part about "and it's conservative republicans fucking us over again" is not political. Nope, not political at all. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:15 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I guess the part about "and it's conservative republicans fucking us over again" is not political. Nope, not political at all. :-)
I was on my phone over the weekend and didn't see the text in the image, but clearly that stuff makes it political.

Feel free to report things like that in the future so that more mods get eyes on it.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:52 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Since when is J&J ineffective against Delta
Yeah, no kidding. I am really interested to hear this answer.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:55 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was on my phone over the weekend and didn't see the text in the image, but clearly that stuff makes it political.

Feel free to report things like that in the future so that more mods get eyes on it.
Thanks, DaFace. You're a standup guy. And I don't really have a problem with suzzer, just didn't care for that post and the thread rules.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:10 PM 09-08-2021
Yeah, no kidding. I am really interested to hear this answer.
I thought I read the efficiency of this vaccine was somewhere between 60-70% That is going from memory so I could be wrong.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:25 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I thought I read the efficiency of this vaccine was somewhere between 60-70% That is going from memory so I could be wrong.
There's not as much data about the J&J vaccine with regard to Delta due to the smaller sample size. Directionally, though, it seems like it's still highly effective at preventing serious issues (e.g., hospitalization and death) even if it's somewhat less effective at preventing illness overall.

Definitely need more data, though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:57 PM 09-08-2021
I guess the part about "and it's conservative republicans ****ing us over again" is not political. Nope, not political at all. :-)
Ok fine. But that was one line buried in an image in the middle of the tweet that I didn't even notice. Based on the argument that ensued, I think you're the only one in the whole thread who actually read the whole thing.

Also I was only trying to post the bottom tweet. When you embed a tweet there's no way not to show the tweet it replies to.

I will look for one-liners buried in images in the future.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:31 PM 09-08-2021
If I was sick enough that my health was in danger and that is what my doctor recommends for treatment. Of course I would.
What if your doctor recommended something that would keep you from getting sick enough that your health is in danger?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 04:38 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Ok fine. But that was one line buried in an image in the middle of the tweet that I didn't even notice. Based on the argument that ensued, I think you're the only one in the whole thread who actually read the whole thing.

Also I was only trying to post the bottom tweet. When you embed a tweet there's no way not to show the tweet it replies to.

I will look for one-liners buried in images in the future.
Suzzer, I enjoy most of your posts, especially in this thread. I also didn't care for that specific post either but didn't feel like it was worth any drama. I'm only saying something so you know he wasn't the only one. Please don't stop posting though because I enjoy your perspective and input.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 05:23 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What if your doctor recommended something that would keep you from getting sick enough that your health is in danger?
When my risk is so low of getting that sick. Then why would I take medicine I don't need. Especially a new type of medicine that has never been used before.

Plus there is data out there that people who have had covid are just as protected if not more than those that are just vaccinated.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:16 PM 09-08-2021
When my risk is so low of getting that sick. Then why would I take medicine I don't need. Especially a new type of medicine that has never been used before.

Plus there is data out there that people who have had covid are just as protected if not more than those that are just vaccinated.
That last bit is under review. Some studies say yes, some say protected, but lesser.

You also take your chances with getting long haul issues from having COVID, which happens to even mild cases.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:22 PM 09-08-2021

Prevention is always going to be the best medicine, not getting a disease >getting a disease an hoping it doesn’t **** you up.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:45 PM 09-08-2021

Just so I understand your position, these things are true for you? We'll set aside the mRNA discussion for the moment to keep things straightforward.

1. You won't take the J&J vaccine, which is not the best vaccine but uses long-established vaccine technology.
2. You'd rather get covid than take the J&J vaccine.

What do you think your odds are of getting illness or death from the J&J vaccine versus covid? Have you concluded that you're more likely to die from the vaccine than from the disease? Please show me the math that supports that conclusion.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:03 PM 09-08-2021

I am neither for or against the vaccines. I think everyone should weigh their own risks and decide for themselves.
And we live in a world where people choose their own facts before their weigh up their risks.
[Reply]
TLO 08:04 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And we live in a world where people choose their own facts before their weigh up their risks.
Yes indeed.
[Reply]
Page 3718 of 3903
« First < 2718321836183668370837143715371637173718 3719372037213722372837683818 > Last »
Up