ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 37
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
kccrow 06:51 PM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Why I don't like Funchess:

Even with his QB sucking, I'd still like to see him play hard and use his size to outmuscle DBs. He hasn't done that so far.
Funchess scares the shit out of me. I wouldn't take him in the first 2 rounds for sure. He seems lazy, mostly gets by on size against competition. Doesn't appear to have passion. His routes are shit. Reminds me alot of Jon Baldwin, but less talent than Baldwin.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 03:14 AM 11-28-2014
Let's be honest though, they'll probably ignore wide receiver again.
[Reply]
spanky 52 08:11 AM 11-28-2014
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Let's be honest though, they'll probably ignore wide receiver again.
Puzzling that they didn't take one this year after Sanders walked out on them in fa. I'd like to see Maclin in KC but they won't have the money for him.
[Reply]
O.city 03:37 PM 11-28-2014
Jaelon strong will be a first rounder. Would be great for us.

Bring in Maclin too
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 PM 11-29-2014
I just don't know that the WR's will go as high as we all think. There aren't any Watkins or Evans in there.

Cooper mayb3, but his frame is smaller than Watkins and he doesn't play special teams
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 PM 11-29-2014
@HerbieTeope-can't say it enough: #KState WR Tyler Lockett would be a nice fit in #Chiefs coach Andy Reid's version of the West Coast offense.

Agree 100%. This guy could be our own Randall Cobb type weapon.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 PM 11-29-2014
Either of the auburn wrs in the 3rd round would be cool
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 PM 11-29-2014
Just don't see the need for a WR later round 1 in this offense when you have guys like Rashad Greene, Sammie Coates, Tyler Lockett, Antwaan Goodley, Stefon Diggs, and Justin Hardy available in round 2.

I think round 1 should be focused on defense. Get a CB, an imposing Safety like Cody Prewit or a DE like Eddie Goldman. We'll have plant of options to get a standout WR and TE after round 1.

DB will be stacked round 1. Would love to see us get our guy early.
[Reply]
jonzie04 10:50 PM 11-29-2014
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't know that the WR's will go as high as we all think. There aren't any Watkins or Evans in there.

Cooper mayb3, but his frame is smaller than Watkins and he doesn't play special teams
just as stacked at the very top IMO.

dgb is just as good as evans with an even higher celing.

cooper is just as nfl ready as watkins, though he is smaller

i think white, parker, strong, funchess are pretty close to beckham, lee, cooks, and benjamin.
[Reply]
jonzie04 10:52 PM 11-29-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
@HerbieTeope-can't say it enough: #KState WR Tyler Lockett would be a nice fit in #Chiefs coach Andy Reid's version of the West Coast offense.

Agree 100%. This guy could be our own Randall Cobb type weapon.
i would love to have him in the mid rounds. i've been wanting nick marshall for a while as well. he can make all the throws alex smith can make, except he can run much faster, and can throw a deep ball, and has a rocker launcher of an arm. he'd need to be coached up though.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:06 AM 11-30-2014
The top 5 WRs in this class stack up very well against the top 5 of last year. After that, there is a significant drop off.

Cooper, Parker, White, Strong, and DGB are all comparable to last year's top group. I list DGB last among those guys because of his off-field issues. If he had stayed completely clean he would be a top 5 prospect.

Next are Coates and Funchess as the big boom or bust guys. Both have elite traits but also show signs of traits that say that they'll never amount to anything more than a #3 option in the NFL.

Agholor, Greene, Hardy, Duke Williams, Lockett, Goodley, etc are in the next group of 2nd to 3rd round talents who are all potential 1k yard WRs in the league.

If you want a good chance at landing a future #1, you have to take one of the top 5.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 02:54 AM 11-30-2014
But these are the Chiefs we are talking about, with Andy Reid and John Dorsey. We'll take a lineman of some sort in the first.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:04 PM 11-30-2014
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
But these are the Chiefs we are talking about, with Andy Reid and John Dorsey. We'll take a lineman of some sort in the first.
You are mistaken sir...

[Reply]
kccrow 11:44 PM 11-30-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
You are mistaken sir...

Oh, so they'll take an overrated turd that can't get on the field as a rookie? Awesome, totally awesome.
[Reply]
mszymko 01:21 PM 12-01-2014
2 cents...

Looking back it really sucks that Sanders dissed us for the Donkeys, but anyone would have done the same if presented with the option.

Would LOVE to see Maclin in KC, even if it means Bowe is cut. We need an influx of talent at WR, particularly a fast WR with big YAC potential.

As for the draft... would love to see us grab a WR, 2 OL, and a qualify ILB in the first 3 rounds. Ideally WR in the first, ILB in the second and spend both 3rd rounders on OL... but can't say I've studied the guys coming out of college yet all that much so not sure where talent will fall for these three positions.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 37
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up