ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
O.city 04:59 PM 02-22-2015
If last year's wr class was a 10, this year's is a solid 9, if not better
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:27 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They sure do. I think Dee Ford will end up being a decent starter, but holy fuck were they nuts for not taking a WR or some pass-blockers for a pass happy offense.
Are there any 3-4 pass rusher's in this years draft comparable to Dee Ford at Auburn? IMO, that's the reason he was taken in 2014 - It's hard to pass on pass rushers.

As long as the Chiefs come away with two WR's in this draft, I'll be happy. If not, it had better be because they drafted Williams or a Clive Walford.

They desperately need two more reliable targets.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:37 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Are there any 3-4 pass rusher's in this years draft comparable to Dee Ford at Auburn? IMO, that's the reason he was taken in 2014 - It's hard to pass on pass rushers.

As long as the Chiefs come away with two WR's in this draft, I'll be happy. If not, it had better be because they drafted Williams or a Clive Walford.

Vic Beasely. Not sure we'd have a shot at him though.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:37 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Sacc's high on Orchard.. There's also Vic Beasley.
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 PM 02-22-2015
Dunno if Gregory could hold up at OLB.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:15 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dunno if Gregory could hold up at OLB.
He absolutely can.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
He absolutely can.
Seemed pretty light in the trousers
[Reply]
Saccopoo 09:15 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Sacc's high on Orchard.. There's also Vic Beasley.
They will never see Beasley, especially after the combine he just had.

Sacks translate to the next level.

Orchard has a variety of pass rush moves and translates speed to power very effectively. He pursues well and he's effective in dropping back into coverage as well as supporting the run. He follows the ball and play exceptionally well.

He's not a complete physical freak like Beasley, but he's more pro ready and has a better skill set.

He has gone up against some pretty good tackles this year including Andrus Peat, Ty Sambrailo and Jake Fisher and worked them.

Originally Posted by :
At defensive end, Orchard was surprisingly stout despite giving up nearly 100 pounds to his opponents, but really shined trying to turn the corner while using his speed to create an advantage while standing up as a linebacker.

[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:09 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Could it be because White is superior at everything except route running, which he can improve on with better coaching? That's why Mayock has White as his #1 over Cooper, higher ceiling and the fact that he can physically dominate an opponent, something that Cooper's size doesn't allow him to do.
Well, hold on. Kevin White had me saying holy hot fuck, but watching him and then watching Amari Cooper - I'd be hard pressed to pass on Cooper. He isn't an athlete, he isn't a football player, he's a wide receiver. He's perfect for the position. Guy is just a total natural.

Having said that, flip a coin and call it a day.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:52 AM 02-25-2015
Comparing the combine results and rankings of all these guys, here's what stood out to me:

1st Rounders

DeVante Parker - Grade 6.18 - Strengths Consistently plays with outstanding body control. Soft hands and elite concentration are his calling cards. Credited with just three drops since 2012

Best pick at 1.18

Amari Cooper - Grade 7.0 - Only WR with 10" hands. This guy tore up the SEC. One recent mock had him going 10th to the Rams. If he's still there, I say we jump up and get him.

2nd rounders:

Chris Conley - Grade 5.48 - 9 7/8" hands. Tall receiver lacking blazing speed but showcasing enough acceleration to create separation when challenging upfield.

Jaelen Strong - Grade 5.8 - 9" hands. Good combination of height, weight and arm length for the position. Former high school basketball player who knows how to keep defenders on his hip.

Unknown

DGB - Grade 5.68 - 9" hands. "I think the consistent problems for Josh Gordon are going to leak over and hurt his draft stock. He couldn't keep himself out of trouble, had no structure growing up and didn't take coaching at Missouri. He's tall and fast and has good hands, but he can't be trusted. Why would you take a guy like that before the third day?" -- NFC director of personnel
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:05 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
How pissed would you guys be if we passed on Cooper and took a DL/OL/OLB player instead?
Very. I hope the Kevin White hype continues and Cooper falls to 10. We could jump up that high and get the next Marvin Harrison.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:12 AM 02-25-2015
Cooper may have 10" hands but he isn't as consistent of a pass catcher as White or Parker are. He's had more ugly drops than he should for a top WR prospect. He also isn't nearly as good at making contested catches as those other two are.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:48 AM 02-25-2015
We didn't trade up for Brandin Cooks or Odell Beckham. Why on earth would anyone assume Dorsey is going to trade up for White or Cooper?

If anything, this is the draft to trade down in the first and still pick up the same guy.

Go from 18 to around 23-25, and you can still get a right tackle or first round talent WR.

Pick up an extra pick in the third, which is apparently the only place we know how to draft anyway (apologies to Russell Wilson).
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:57 AM 02-25-2015
I'm starting to think that we'll probably draft a couple of WRs in the 2nd to 5th round range.
[Reply]
Jakemall 12:06 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
We didn't trade up for Brandin Cooks or Odell Beckham. Why on earth would anyone assume Dorsey is going to trade up for White or Cooper?

If anything, this is the draft to trade down in the first and still pick up the same guy.

Go from 18 to around 23-25, and you can still get a right tackle or first round talent WR.

Pick up an extra pick in the third, which is apparently the only place we know how to draft anyway (apologies to Russell Wilson).
I'm almost always in favor of trading down.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up