ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 37
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
royalschiefs 03:52 AM 01-03-2015
I'd like to see the Chiefs get Matt Miller from BSU if he's avalible in the 5th, 6th, or 7th. Near perfect route runner with great reliable hands, I think he'd flourish with Alex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxHHlRhWW4
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:19 PM 01-03-2015

Stefon Diggs told me: "After talking with my family during the past few days, I have decided to enter the NFL draft"

— Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) January 3, 2015

[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 01-03-2015
Sammy Watkins is bit overrated.

I'd put Beckham and Evans above him from last year's class and cooper for sure in this years.

Yeah, he ran fast etc, but as a wr he's a ways off.

I really really want Kevin white.
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 01-03-2015
Agholor just declared. 2nd rounder.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 01-03-2015
The chiefs I'll have the first 3 rounds to come away with a wr.
[Reply]
In58men 03:17 PM 01-03-2015
@TerezPaylor: It’s looking like there’s no reason the #Chiefs shouldn’t come away with a good WR in the 1st three rounds of the draft.
[Reply]
OldSchool 05:51 PM 01-06-2015
Auburn redshirt junior WR Sammie Coates has "[Terrell Owens'] body, [Odell Beckham Jr.'s] burst and [Darrius Heyward-Bey's] hands," writes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.
We couldn't agree more. Coates has the build of a No. 1 WR (6-foot-2, 201 pounds) and the speed of a No. 1 WR (4.36 40-yard dash), but he has failed to live up to scouts' expectations. Perhaps the biggest reason for that is Coates' consistent inability to produce as a No. 1 receiver at Auburn. The Tigers' offense completely stagnated this year when WR Duke Williams was hurt or suspended and Coates was forced into the featured-receiver role. When Coates could focus on running fly routes as the No. 2 receiver, he thrived. "Coates drops a ton of balls but just when you want to write him off, he makes a freaky play," Jeremiah wrote. Coates will declare for the draft and has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Because of his measurables, Coates is a decent bet to get over-drafted. "Coates [will] make a circus catch in traffic and then completely fail to track the ball a few plays later," Jeremiah wrote.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:56 PM 01-06-2015
I'll take Kevin White.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:40 PM 01-06-2015
The Chiefs will never do it, but they should draft DGB in the first followed by Rashad Greene in the second. Get rid of all the Alexcuses.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:54 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Chiefs will never do it, but they should draft DGB in the first followed by Rashad Greene in the second. Get rid of all the Alexcuses.
He'll have 2 excuses. 1) He needs to build up chemistry with his WRs, and 2) His receivers are rookies.

The Alexcuses never go away. It's why he is still a "relevant" QB in the public opinion.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:58 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
I'll take Kevin White.
I'd rather have Washington State's Vince Mayle in the second or third than Kevin White in the first.

I think Mayle has been more impressive on a worse team in arguably a better conference (PAC12 vs. Big 12) in basically what is the same system (Mike Leach vs. Dana Holgorsen).

Very similar players in size, speed, etc.

As well, some late rounders that the Chiefs should be looking at:

DeAndre Smelter, Georgia Tech; 6'3", 225 lb. (bullshit - dude looks 240 if an ounce)
- Same program that produced Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas, Smelter is an absolute physical specimen. Only started playing college football in 2013 after coming to GT on a baseball scholarship. Was the leading receiver for the Yellow Jackets with 715 yards and 7 TD's. (And that's a metric shit ton for the run oriented offense that GT utilizes.) Dude tore his ACL in the last game of the season and should be FA level cheap. I'd easily spend a seventh rounder on this guy just to get him on the squad.

J.J. Worton, University of Central Florida; 6'2", 215 lb.
- The guy that made the one handed grab that made Blake Bortles famous. Has been incredibly consistent and productive over his entire college career. Great hands and good burst (was the Knights PR as well).

Matt Miller, Boise State; 6'3", 220 lb.
- Dude was absolutely destroying defenses in 2013 (1140 yards & 12 TDs) and was even better to start 2014, but got an ankle injury that put him out for the season. Is said to be working towards being full speed by the time the Combine rolls around.

[Reply]
Dante84 01:16 AM 01-07-2015
Is Cobb in FA a realistic option or just a pipe dream?
[Reply]
kccrow 01:33 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by DA_T_84:
Likely a pipe dream I'd think... They have 18 million in space right now but some big names on the list to fill... Here's how I see it:

Tramon Williams,CB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
BJ Raji, 34DE UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
Bryan Bulaga, RT UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 4 m per
Jarrett Bush, CB UFA - Unsure, maybe
John Kuhn, FB UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 1 m per
Matt Flynn, QB UFA - Probably will re-sign
Letroy Guion, DT UFA - Will re-sign, probably cost 2 m per
Randall Cobb, WR UFA - Will re-sign - probably cost 6 m per
Scott Tolzien, QB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign
Davon House, CB UFA - Will re-sign - probably cost 4-5 m per
DuJuan Harris, RB ERFA - Likely tender
Chris Banjo, S ERFA - Likely tender
Sean Richardson, S RFA - Likely tender
Don Barclay, RT RFA - Likely tender
Jarrett Boykin, WR RFA - Likely tender
Jamari Lattimore, ILB UFA - Doubtful they'll re-sign

Going to say all re-signings will be average around 21 m per. I'm sure they can shave enough money on the top contracts to get that down a few million. If they win the dance, no way they keep Peppers and his 12 m contract next year. In fact, I can't seem them keeping him anyhow. They have him playing for just over 3 m this season, he's a rental.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:03 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by DA_T_84:

Here's how I see the FA WR class of 2015:

Zero chance these guys are available.

Demarius Thomas
Dez Bryant

These guys are almost undoubtedly resigning with their current teams, but maybe one of them becomes available. Anyone of these guys would be great for us. Note:Everyone I've listed below would come cheaper than Bowe.

Jeremy Maclin
Randell Cobb
Eddie Royal
Torrey Smith

Harvin and Wallace are possible cuts, and Gordon might be available via trade. Anyone of these guys would be great, but all of them are possible cancers.

Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Josh Gordon

Older receivers, but one of the two might be available. Either would be an improvement.

Reggie Wayne
Hakeem Knicks

Some lesser receivers that are all still notable upgrades for our squad. Crabtree is simliar to Bowe in my mind, but much cheaper. Welker should retire before he's a vegetable. Shorts and kearse have been mentioned often as options. Kenny Britt, well I'm not a fan but others may feel he'd fit.

Michael Crabtree
Cecil Shorts
Jermaine Kearse
Wes Welker
Kenny Britt

If we drop Bowe we can pay 2 or 3 of these guys. At this point I see zero need to keep Bowe, we can spend that money elsewhere. Plenty of FA options and quality receivers in the draft. I think we need 3 new WR's and I don't feel that they'll be difficult to find, we may already have one of them in Rogers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:43 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
@TerezPaylor: It’s looking like there’s no reason the #Chiefs shouldn’t come away with a good WR in the 1st three rounds of the draft.
They damn well better grab two, and one of them should be our first round pick... because the more I think about it, the clearer it is that we arent getting any of the top tier free agents.

Dorsey simply isnt going to overpay for any of them, which is what he'd have to do to entice one to KC, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 37
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up