ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA
BigRedChief 07:42 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by booger:
Sorry to hear this man. My mom has some auto immune issues she’s had for 40 years or so. Her cognitive abilities have declined. Some because of side effects of long term use of medication for those illnesses. Otherwise she’s just a few years older than you. Sounds like you have got good Drs and you are looking into more options. Vitamins and supplements is something some believe in. Some don’t. I started following a couple of YouTube quacks. Both are chiropractors I believe but I pick up things that will help me eat better or vitamins to try and sample with my mom.

Dr Eric Berg
https://youtube.com/@Drberg?si=5igFeCYepaSsAU8v

Dr Alan Mandell
https://youtube.com/@motivationaldoc...QtG8OPgQ7qJMj5

For example one thing I did was having her eat blueberries daily or every other day at least. And it helps. It’s not a miracle cure but finding if you’re deficient in vitamins or minerals or nutrients I think chipping away at those things is helpful. It will also give you something to do and research on different ways other than your Dr how you might be able to help you. There’s other channels on there those just happen to be the ones I find most helpful. Tons of older videos with both going back 5+ years. Have the wife watch some or find out others.

Just a resource that’s helped me bro. Hopefully you find them and/or different ones that are beneficial for you :-)
thanks for the info!
[Reply]
booger 07:49 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
thanks for the info!
Your welcome :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:52 PM 04-15-2024
Best wishes BRC. Enjoy life my friend
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Best wishes BRC. Enjoy life my friend
Thanks man.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 01:49 PM 04-16-2024
Congrats on a great career! Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to hear it's kinda long term stuff. Enjoy retirement; after you get settled with it, you'll never look back!
[Reply]
Lzen 01:55 PM 04-16-2024
Dang BRC, sorry to hear that. Getting old sucks. I hope it doesn't make you life too difficult. Good luck and God bless, brother.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Dang BRC, sorry to hear that. Getting old sucks. I hope it doesn't make you life too difficult. Good luck and God bless, brother.
Thanks, hope all is well with you and the family.
[Reply]
Stewie 02:10 PM 04-16-2024
Good luck in your retirement.

Keep exercising... both physically and mentally.
[Reply]
Monty 02:28 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.
I hate to hear this, but it's ok to shut things down, you've done plenty. It's time to enjoy yourself. :-)

Also, can't wait to share stories once my journey is finished. :-) #todolist
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:58 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Monty:
I hate to hear this, but it's ok to shut things down, you've done plenty. It's time to enjoy yourself. :-)

We have a Retirement thread that we started since so many of us are getting to the stage where we are either retiring or near the end of the work life.

Plus we have it there to share stories of retiring and the pitfalls to watch out for.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:09 PM 04-16-2024
Look at the bright side, if you bring home some fresh poon, you have a built in excuse for never calling her back the next day and not knowing her name!
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:21 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Look at the bright side, if you bring home some fresh poon, you have a built in excuse for never calling her back the next day and not knowing her name!
With a little luck, you can have fresh poon every day without cheating!

Silver linings, right?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:47 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Monty:

yeah too bad my skill set didn’t match your companies needs at the time. I think we could have worked together and kicked some ass.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:16 PM 04-16-2024
I'm sorry to hear that, but congrats on your retirement. Sounds like you've definitely earned it.

Will you still be involved with the Chiefs chapter events?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
I'm sorry to hear that, but congrats on your retirement. Sounds like you've definitely earned it.

Will you still be involved with the Chiefs chapter events?
yeah, I’m still involved but as a “founder”. I’ve set up a leadership crew to run things at the national level and internationally. We are making a big push into England and Europe next year.

I got this thing going but that crew knows way more than I ever did. Big ideas and skills to pull it off. It’s in good hands. I’ll just be one of the ones partying on game day.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up