ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 317 of 324
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 01:25 PM 12-15-2023
Diggs is out and their defense is old and done. They've gotta win this year.

Once you pay the QB, you've got a year or two of decently low salary to win. Other than that, it's basically over.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:41 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, it's over.

But everyone needs to understand what the defense is gonna be next year without some investment.
It's probably going to be worse if we prioritise getting a WR in FA and one in the draft R1, which we absolutely should. But the way Jones is playing the last few weeks, we kinda have a glimpse of this future. Get some space eaters late in the draft and rotational rushers like Maurice Hurst for peanuts and we can probably cobble a DL together that's not a whole load worse for a lot less money. Our DL has been bad for the last few years and we've been fine because our LBs and secondary have picked up the slack. I'm kinda fed up with it eating up so much resource.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:54 PM 12-15-2023
Diggs is out and their defense is old and done. They've gotta win this year.

Once you pay the QB, you've got a year or two of decently low salary to win. Other than that, it's basically over.
No, you have to draft well and develop those picks into plus players. It's what I've been saying for two years now.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:27 PM 12-15-2023
I bet Diggs would do anything to play in KC.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:30 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Would he take a pay cut though?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:17 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Guys had 2 sacks in the last 7 weeks (both in a game we lost, no less).

And yeah, that's actually fairly demonstrative of the impact he's had over that span.

He's had, what, 2 good games since week 7? Maybe? He was pretty good in the Raiders and Packers games. He's also had some truly awful games in that stretch. Denver and Buffalo were lousy games for him. Miami wasn't much better.

I don't think you pay him $20 million.

We made our best pitch - from all publicly available information it was a damn strong one. And he saved us from ourselves. Take the win and move on.
One of those sacks was because Lane Johnson literally let him run straight to Jalen because it was a screen play (that I believe Karlaftis blew up on the other side).

It’s actually crazy how much Chris has disappeared in this stretch after running out of the gates. Maybe an effect of skipping the off-season, or maybe he’s just close to 30.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:57 PM 12-15-2023
The KC lab guys and some other local pundits said Jones played a great game last week, even if he didn't get any sacks.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:04 AM 12-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Would he take a pay cut though?
That man wants a damn ring more than anything.
[Reply]
Bump 02:49 AM 12-16-2023
it doesn't really seem like that's a thing.

We all thought for years that receivers must dream of playing in this offense but not a single one has been signed. MVS sure dreamed of getting paid what he's getting paid tho.

You could say JuJu last year, but he was in a position where he kind of needed to prove it one more time and then the Pats gave him 3 years 33 mill or something like that.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 12-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, you have to draft well and develop those picks into plus players. It's what I've been saying for two years now.
Well sure.

But the draft is a big crapshoot and shit happens. Relying on that alone when you’re winning is how you end up where we are
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 12-16-2023
Guys will come here if you pay them.

It’s $. It’s always been $, it’ll always be $
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:50 AM 12-16-2023
Just like every one assumed Hopkins would do. He's going to the highest bidder. You do realize that right?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:20 AM 12-16-2023
Well sure.

But the draft is a big crapshoot and shit happens. Relying on that alone when you’re winning is how you end up where we are
And free agents often don't prove worth the money, so there you go.

The NFL is hard.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:30 AM 12-16-2023
They always say that and then sign with some brokedick quarterback making less money so they can earn more.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 AM 12-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Just like every one assumed Hopkins would do. He's going to the highest bidder. You do realize that right?
I’m sure you heard his comment on it, right? KC showed no interest in him.

This would be completely different…these guys are getting embarrased by this WR group similarly to how the team got embarrased by its OL. And look what they did…

I expect Veach/Andy/Hunt to throw on a a lot of numbers at the position and they need a vet.

Remember Diggs staying on the field watching us celebrate? Yeah…
[Reply]
Page 317 of 324
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321 > Last »
Up