ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 324
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:08 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Then you have no clue what actually defines a #1 WR.

Hint: If you're the most productive, with the most snaps, and the most targets, you're the #1 WR.

Rice is a rookie, of course he wasn't the #1 WR week 1. That has nothing to do with today.
You think we came into this season with the expectation that a rookie WR was gonna be our #1. :-)

MVS was the clear #1 WR coming into this season and he lost the job… to a rookie.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, defense still matters. But our front office has been lights out picking defensive players after Speaks. So with Spags, good corners and decent pass-rush that's plenty if you have Mahomes and an elite offense.

My build would be towards making sure offense is maximized with Mahomes and then you make good draft picks and add cheap vet ring chasers to fill out roster.

I love Bolton but linebacker can't be a priority position, especially when you can't even get 3 NFL quality WR's on the field.

With Kelce aging out and Chris Jones probably leaving time to go get a #1WR that can play with Mahomes next 5-6 years.
I mean to be really honest, Dru Tranquill signing here for what he did basically proves that using 2 2nd round picks and then a 3rd round pick on LB's in this type of defense is overkill.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:10 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean to be really honest, Dru Tranquill signing here for what he did basically proves that using 2 2nd round picks and then a 3rd round pick on LB's in this type of defense is overkill.
Good vet linebackers hit FA all the time, many affordable.

#1 WR's don't hit FA and if they do they are much older.

#2 WR's go for a zillion dollars so we need to draft better at WR.
[Reply]
O.city 01:10 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I would argue that if Mahomes wasn’t being Mahomes… this would be a 9-8 team this season with absolutely zero chance at even making the playoffs.

Even Jordan missed game winning shots.
Sure, absolutely.

But this team wouldn't be the same squad if they didn't have Mahomes and his contract.

They pay him to be that way. For them to be successful, it's a must.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 12-14-2023
I mean that's fair but if I have my choice I'll take a defense that is a little less talented than this one to give the best player in the world guys to throw the ball to.

The defense is loaded with high draft picks now, I'm not gonna say we suck at drafting weapons we just haven't invested a lot of resources into it.
Everyone keeps saying "a little less talented".

That's fine, but with the investments and such that the WR and weapons group may take, paired with the fact that those moves will mean some defenders leave, it's probably gonna be worse than "a little less talented".
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

That's fine, but with the investments and such that the WR and weapons group may take, paired with the fact that those moves will mean some defenders leave, it's probably gonna be worse than "a little less talented".
I could make a pretty rational argument that the Chiefs can still field a top half of the league defense by moving on from Chris Jones and Justin Reid which would also open a ton of money...allowing them to keep Sneed who is younger and plays a more valuable position.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:14 PM 12-14-2023

Chris Jones will be a huge loss. No one else here provides that amount of pass-rush.

But they already invested in the expensive defensive positions in the draft and have 2 DE's under contract and 2 good corners.

If Jones goes keep Sneed and there you go, won't be top 5 but won't be 20th either.
[Reply]
O.city 01:14 PM 12-14-2023
You can't keep an elite defense together very long in the NFL. It requires to much to build.

But you can build an elite unit on said defense. I'd rather do it on the DL but they seem to have done it with the secondary, so they can skimp elsewhere some but defense is just so much about 11 guys without a true weaklink.
[Reply]
O.city 01:17 PM 12-14-2023
I could make a pretty rational argument that the Chiefs can still field a top half of the league defense by moving on from Chris Jones and Justin Reid which would also open a ton of money...allowing them to keep Sneed who is younger and plays a more valuable position.
Chris Jones will be a huge loss. No one else here provides that amount of pass-rush.

But they already invested in the expensive defensive positions in the draft and have 2 DE's under contract and 2 good corners.

If Jones goes keep Sneed and there you go, won't be top 5 but won't be 20th either.
Take Jones off this DL and you're looking at a potential bottom 10 DL in the league, with a first round pick who we have no clue if can even play.

They're pretty much gonna have to let Jones go, not much other option at this point, and yeah, Sneed is gonna be one you'd like back. I would guess they'll have to tag him at this point to get a deal done.

I mean, FAU's situation is pretty similar to Sky Moore last year, but we can't talk about that yet I guess.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:17 PM 12-14-2023

So you think they'll be worse than the 2018 squad?
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 12-14-2023
A CB isn't a more valuable spot than a pass rusher either. But age and all things considered, it's probably the move to make.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 12-14-2023
You can't keep an elite defense together very long in the NFL. It requires to much to build.

But you can build an elite unit on said defense. I'd rather do it on the DL but they seem to have done it with the secondary, so they can skimp elsewhere some but defense is just so much about 11 guys without a true weaklink.
If Jones goes they should look to add vet pass-rushers that want a ring but are cheap because they are old. Get guys that can play with enough juice to run through a wall for 40% of snaps and that can help alleviate the Jones loss a little bit.
[Reply]
O.city 01:19 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So you think they'll be worse than the 2018 squad?
That group atleast led the league in sacks and had some guys on it.

You take away Jones and potentially Sneed, you're gonna have to invest on the DL pretty heavily to just put a unit out there.
[Reply]
O.city 01:19 PM 12-14-2023
If Jones goes they should look to add vet pass-rushers that want a ring but are cheap because they are old. Get guys that can play with enough juice to run through a wall for 40% of snaps and that can help alleviate the Jones loss a little bit.
Cheap pass rushing vets make what....8-10 million a year? There ain't many of those gonan be able to be fit if we wanna go looking for weapons.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:19 PM 12-14-2023
Take Jones off this DL and you're looking at a potential bottom 10 DL in the league, with a first round pick who we have no clue if can even play.

They're pretty much gonna have to let Jones go, not much other option at this point, and yeah, Sneed is gonna be one you'd like back. I would guess they'll have to tag him at this point to get a deal done.

I mean, FAU's situation is pretty similar to Sky Moore last year, but we can't talk about that yet I guess.
They'll likely be pigeon holing themselves into the first 2 picks being WR and DT, you're going to have to attack that position differently. With just having big dudes who eat up space and stuff the run. Shifting ends inside on passing downs etc.

I just don't think you can make a reasonable argument to pay a 30 year old DT what he wants.

MVS is toast too so they should have the money to keep Sneed and pursue a WR in FA.
[Reply]
Page 311 of 324
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Up