Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:28 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Why wouldn't Pit trade with us? ...out of curiosity.

Why not MIA? We've done good business together in the past, so what we knocked them out they sucked anyways lol

Rams at 19? I live in LA and can't name a single player outside of Stafford and Puca (need some coffee).
I can't see any AFC team allowing us to jump ahead of them in the draft, much less a couple of AFC teams that made the playoffs last year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:33 AM 04-14-2024
I'd just say this about The Packers-

They basically spent a draft and a half on offensive weapons (WR's) and took their lumps while the kids learned. Now they're good and deep there.

There's a a precedent for ya.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Why wouldn't Pit trade with us? ...out of curiosity.

Why not MIA? We've done good business together in the past, so what we knocked them out they sucked anyways lol

Rams at 19? I live in LA and can't name a single player outside of Stafford and Puca (need some coffee).
Well there's....uh....

I mean they have....that guy...uh....

Shit - you're right.

Stafford, Puca and Kupp. And a bunch of nothin'.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't see any AFC team allowing us to jump ahead of them in the draft, much less a couple of AFC teams that made the playoffs last year.
Pittsburgh knows their fight isn't with us. They're not getting through us without a QB to speak of. But if they can strengthen their roster to the point that they're able to win the North and maybe stay out of our lane for a round or two, perhaps they can win ugly against someone else and hope we get taken out.

So if trading back with us helps them in their fight to win the North, it makes a lot of sense for them.

There's really no reason for Pittsburgh not to trade with us. That's not a team that's going to beat us straight up and I think they know that.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd just say this about The Packers-

They basically spent a draft and a half on offensive weapons (WR's) and took their lumps while the kids learned. Now they're good and deep there.

There's a a precedent for ya.
Yea, we should absolutely draft 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, we should absolutely draft 2.
I would go further and say that the Chiefs should draft at least 3 weapons from this class.

The TE group is really good this year. Really hard for me to want to pass on guys like Sinnott, Johnson and Wiley in rd 3.

Aside from DB on day 3, I’d go all offense
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:56 PM 04-15-2024
From an article in the athletic today:
Kansas City is one other team to watch. If either Odunze or Nabers slips to No. 9 overall, I could see the Chiefs trading with the Bears (who currently hold that pick, in addition to No. 1). Chicago has just four draft picks in all and could recoup the second-rounder it lost in its Montez Sweat trade. Patrick Mahomes could use an elite outside weapon.

It's starting to catch on boys.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:58 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
From an article in the athletic today:
Kansas City is one other team to watch. If either Odunze or Nabers slips to No. 9 overall, I could see the Chiefs trading with the Bears (who currently hold that pick, in addition to No. 1). Chicago has just four draft picks in all and could recoup the second-rounder it lost in its Montez Sweat trade. Patrick Mahomes could use an elite outside weapon.

It's starting to catch on boys.

Seems like it’s setting up perfectly for another Mahomes-over-Watson surprise.

Chiefs trade up to 9 with Odunze on the board, everyone goes nuts for 10 minutes thinking that’s the clear pick…

And then KC takes Fautanu, Fashanu, or Brock Bowers instead.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:00 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Seems like it’s setting up perfectly for another Mahomes-over-Watson surprise.

Chiefs trade up to 9 with Odunze on the board, everyone goes nuts for 10 minutes thinking that’s the clear pick…

And then KC takes Fautanu, Fashanu, or Brock Bowers instead.
I am fine with any of those moves all day. Reminds me of the trade up for McDuffie when everyone, myself included, thought for sure they were targeting Jermaine Johnson.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:08 PM 04-15-2024
For Nabers or Odunze to fall, that likely means that an OT run has taken place, no?

So if we're at #9, it would be a choice between the remaining big 3 WRs OR the (3rd?4th?) OT, correct?

Perhaps I'm being a little stupid here, but would it make sense to just try and pull the trigger to #9 today and secure it, ahead of the draft, if we're confident that there will be 1-3 guys we want available at that spot?

What if we're at #9 and all the sudden MHJ has slipped to #6? What's a little extra gravy for 3 more spots at that point?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 04-15-2024
It would never happen, but if they moved up for Odunze, I would JIMP.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:20 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It would never happen, but if they moved up for Odunze, I would JIMP.
It's dreaming season. It's like the time between when you buy a lottery ticket and when you check the numbers. You know it's unlikely, but it was worth the two bucks just to ruminate on it for a day or two.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:22 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
For Nabers or Odunze to fall, that likely means that an OT run has taken place, no?

So if we're at #9, it would be a choice between the remaining big 3 WRs OR the (3rd?4th?) OT, correct?

Perhaps I'm being a little stupid here, but would it make sense to just try and pull the trigger to #9 today and secure it, ahead of the draft, if we're confident that there will be 1-3 guys we want available at that spot?

What if we're at #9 and all the sudden MHJ has slipped to #6? What's a little extra gravy for 3 more spots at that point?
I think it hinges on a trade up for McCarthy. If 4 QBs, 1 OT, 2 WRs, and 1 defensive player goes, one of the big three WRs falls to nine. I would also trade to 9 for pick of the tackle litter.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:37 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I think it hinges on a trade up for McCarthy. If 4 QBs, 1 OT, 2 WRs, and 1 defensive player goes, one of the big three WRs falls to nine. I would also trade to 9 for pick of the tackle litter.
Alright, so if the Vikings secure the jump to #4 for a QB well ahead of the draft, the only other trade up spot would be #5 if the Chargers are selling and don't take Alt. I could see Buffalo rage-trading and overpaying for MHJ just so finally try and overcome KC, though they have so many holes it would be stupid.

If Vikings go to #4, I'd be cool with making the jump to 9 ahead of the draft blindly knowing we'll get our LTOTF or WR (I think!).
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:28 PM 04-15-2024
Call me crazy but if we’re stuck at 32 Ricky Pearsall. I think he’s better than Ladd who’s hyped his way into being mocked to us. Inside outside versatility, catches fucking everything and has the ability to be instantly open. He could take some pressure off Kelce in those scenarios.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up