« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:25 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yuck. I don’t mind the freedom of numbers change. But 24 on a wr is gross
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:26 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Yuck. I don’t mind the freedom of numbers change. But 24 on a wr is gross
:-) Yeah, that one feels a bit weird.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:26 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Yeah, that one feels a bit weird.

Maybe he is switching to CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 AM 04-30-2022
I really don’t give a shit what number they wear. Weird that people do.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:28 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's just weird we went from having all vertical threats to having a crowd of guys who run horizontal patterns or strictly gadget plays.
I was gonna stop with just saying this is bullshit, but I can't.

There's literally not a single true thing in this statement.

Hill in 2021: 11.2 yards per catch. The vertical game essentially gone. He'd basically been reduced to a gadget player by defensive philosophy. a TON of manufactured touches. Very little vertical success. Did you even watch this past season?!

So all vertical threats, like Pringle and Robinson? What bullshit is this? You had ONE vertical threat that is no longer here, and that's Hill, and defenses had basically decided they would let us do ANYHTING but get the ball to Hill vertically.

And so what do we have now?
MVS, who is basically a vertical ONLY player.
Juju, who's a lot more than a horizontal guy, look at how many 40 yard TD's the guy has.
Hardman, who was here all along.

Moore, who's an extremely polished route runner.

but yeah, we've totally got a room full of gadgets guys.

Your whole post is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:29 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really don’t give a shit what number they wear. Weird that people do.
I don't give a shit. It's just going to be a bit weird seeing all these new # possibilities for a while.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:31 AM 04-30-2022
Yeah haha. I don’t actually care. But this is the first time I’ve actually had a reaction to a player doing something different. DE or LB wants a single digit number? Don’t mind. But seeing 24 at WR is weird
[Reply]
Best22 09:31 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Juju and Mecole may not be with the Chiefs next year. It's good Moore will have a year under his belt in case that happens. It's just weird we went from having all vertical threats to having a crowd of guys who run horizontal patterns or strictly gadget plays.
We didn’t have all vertical threats.

Hardman is still Hardman

MVS isn’t a gadget player, the best thing about him is his deep threat ability

JJSS is a horizontal possession receiver. Watkins was also a possession receiver who made his money over the middle (he could still go deep but he rarely got open on go-routes)

Pringle wasn’t a deep threat. Robinson occasionally got open deep because he was covered by the other teams CB4. Skyy Moore would appear to have better route running and hands than Robinson

KC has two speed receivers (MVS and Mecole) along with two more horizontal l, possession receivers. This is without mentioning Kelce, and of course the QB and HC who will be responsible for getting these guys the ball with their unrivalled creativity
[Reply]
jettio 09:31 AM 04-30-2022
Maybe already said in the thread, but interesting that Tyreek Hill was first a RB in college and wore #24 at OK State, and same position change and original number for Skyy Moore in Kalamazoo.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:34 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
We didn’t have all vertical threats.

Hardman is still Hardman

MVS isn’t a gadget player, the best thing about him is his deep threat ability

JJSS is a horizontal possession receiver. Watkins was also a possession receiver who made his money over the middle (he could still go deep but he rarely got open on go-routes)

Pringle wasn’t a deep threat. Robinson occasionally got open deep because he was covered by the other teams CB4. Skyy Moore would appear to have better route running and hands than Robinson

KC has two speed receivers (MVS and Mecole) along with two more horizontal l, possession receivers. This is without mentioning Kelce, and of course the QB and HC who will be responsible for getting these guys the ball with their unrivalled creativity
But, but...but....

No Tyreek Hill!

NOTHING COMPARES
NOTHING COMPARES
TO YOU
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:36 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Maybe he is switching to CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s doing it to confuse defenses.

DBs will be like “oh should I cover that guy? Naw, he’s wearing 24. Must be one of my teammates.”

Then, BAM! Touchdown!

Then that DB will be like “oh darn! Should have covered him. The Chiefs helmet was a dead giveaway.”
[Reply]
BossChief 09:41 AM 04-30-2022
His ghost mid route stutter step is devastating.

I can’t wait to see this kid in action against opponents 3rd or 4th corner and grow into a starter right in front of us.

Great pick
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:43 AM 04-30-2022
After looking at some things will you guys correct me if I'm wrong? My thoughts:

I mean pickens was my guy and they rejected him flat out. Same with Nakobe Dean. So I have to think they rejected him so what is it about Skyy Moore that they felt comfortable trading down? Assuming it wasn't for Pierce.

Well I will say personally it's one: he catches EVERYTHING with those huge hands so that's why he was a cornerback and they were like okay you need to switch positions with those hands. two: he gets open constantly and Mahomes will find him better than his shitty QB did. three: he doesn't need to be a deep threat, he needs to be our terry mclaurin. Make catches, move the chains

With skyy moore he hasn't been a receiver very long. Like Hill when he came out. Maybe they see upside as he's real young and inexperienced and still gets open all the time which is my #1 thing with receivers who play with Mahomes.

Saw this negative review and scoffed:

Originally Posted by :
His game against Michigan was concerning, with only two catches for 22 yards. You would have hoped to see a bigger impact from him in that matchup, but it felt like he was schemed out of the game entirely. It will be up to coaches to decide if that was a symptom of the talent around him, or if he’s just not the kind of player who can dominate against top competition.

Western Michigan QB and offensive line facing Aidan Hutchinson and Ojabo and you blame it on the wide receiver not producing enough lmao
[Reply]
farmerchief 09:44 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I can’t get over how ballsy that trade-down was if Moore was the guy all along. We traded from 50 to 54 and three receivers were picked in that space. I guess Veach had a backup plan in the event Moore didn’t fall to us (maybe the TE McBride)
Im guessing he had the Wr's ranked as Moore,Pickens, Pierce, in that order and was fine with any of them, if it meant getting a 5th rounder.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:46 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Im guessing he had the Wr's ranked as Moore,Pickens, Pierce, in that order and was fine with any of them, if it meant getting a 5th rounder.
Yeah exactly. But we'll never know what order he had them in or if anyone else like Thornton was in the mix.

Moore better be better than Pickens, Pierce and Thornton, or he's going to get the Hardman/Metcalf treatment for his whole career.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 280
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up