ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 270
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:16 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I desperatelt want a real kick returner too. I absolutely hate Pachecho in that role for any number of reasons.
I read an article about the draft that said a couple of the Chiefs probable WR picks were both probable PRs. Don't remember their names right now, but I think it was an Arrowhead Addict piece. I think they'll find someone without too much trouble.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:18 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He had a couple catchables that he failed to bring in. But no biggie, i wouldn't hold it against him. I agree, i think he has good hands.

It's part of the reason i believe his road to snaps is through JJSS's role.
I'm wrong. There was at least one pass that hit him in both hands and he failed to come up with it. In his defense, the ball was well behind him and he was running almost full speed, so there was a high degree of difficulty with Skyy having to almost stop and twist himself back around, but he didn't catch that one. But for the most part, he's a sure catcher.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:19 PM 03-06-2023
People seem to conflating KNOWNS with UNKNOWNS

Draft - UNKNOWNS
Hopkins - KNOWN

We are talking about potentially adding a KNOWN commodity to our team. Yes would it be nice to have a future HOF WR we draft this year? SURE! but we are never going to be in a position to draft (Can't Miss Players) unless one falls.

The argument is "If we add a top 10 WR to our team on the outside does that make us MORE or LESS likely to repeat in the Super Bowl"

I would argue it makes us MORE.
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:24 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

Draft - UNKNOWNS
Hopkins - KNOWN

We are talking about potentially adding a KNOWN commodity to our team. Yes would it be nice to have a future HOF WR we draft this year? SURE! but we are never going to be in a position to draft (Can't Miss Players) unless one falls.

The argument is "If we add a top 10 WR to our team on the outside does that make us MORE or LESS likely to repeat in the Super Bowl"

His health/age definitley make him an "unknown", much in the same manner of Laveon Bell
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:24 PM 03-06-2023

Draft - UNKNOWNS
Hopkins - KNOWN

I'm warming up to the Dhop thing only because i think this draft is loaded with 2nd round type WR's. It's not a top heavy WR draft class. The more i watch the less i see.

Still though, the idea of bringing in OBJ on a short term deal with no draft compensation intrigues me more.

Either way, try to land one of OBJ or Dhop and then add a Hyatt who you can develop as the season goes, and at the very least can do Hardman things in the meantime.

I'm not as high on Hyatt as others, especially after he couldn't break in to the 4.3's. But i do think his floor is Hardman. His ceiling? Shit, could also be Hardman.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:26 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
His health/age definitley make him an "unknown", much in the same manner of Laveon Bell
Naaaah.

He looked good last season. His health hasn't been a thing, really. We're not talking Julio Jones or OBJ here.

My concerns are 1: Money, 2: pick compensation.

A guy like Hopkins, who's known to be about his money, is gonna look at a similar player in Adams and want to get paid like Adams. That's my worry.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 PM 03-06-2023

Draft - UNKNOWNS
Hopkins - KNOWN

Well, first you have the anti-DHoplytes that have convinced themselves that DHop is barely above average as a WR or that he's washed/too old to play @30yrs of age. Then there's the contingent that believes Veach would destroy the future of the franchise if he spent any resources on a top-tier WR. Like Veach would somehow lose his mind, or do hallucinogens before writing up the deal.

When you can't believe your lying eyes and/or fear calculated risk vs. being open to unimaginable reward, this is where you end up.

I will say that I have no fear that the Chiefs won't be back in the SB conversation/race in 2023, regardless of whether we sign DHop. Or even if KC hangs onto OBJ. I don't think in the end it will matter that much. The team's good enough to repeat as is, even without OBJ.

But the margin is thin, and it wouldn't take that much to lose out on the 1-seed, or stumble just a bit and miss a SB appearance. Some people have become drunk on the idea that Pat will just fix any issue, regardless of who's on the field with him. And that Kelce is 27, not 33.

But it is what it is. At this point, I hope they're right, because as I've been saying, I doubt DHop becomes a Chief due to what he'd asked for in a new contract. If he would somehow play on his existing contract of $19-$14, I'd sign him right the hell now. But that isn't an option, so we'll see.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:34 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, first you have the anti-DHoplytes that have convinced themselves that DHop is barely above average as a WR or that he's washed/too old to play @30yrs of age. Then there's the contingent that believes Veach would destroy the future of the franchise if he spent any resources on a top-tier WR. Like Veach would somehow lose his mind, or do hallucinogens before writing up the deal.

When you can't believe your lying eyes and/or fear calculated risk vs. being open to unimaginable reward, this is where you end up.

I will say that I have no fear that the Chiefs won't be back in the SB conversation/race in 2023, regardless of whether we sign DHop. Or even if KC hangs onto OBJ. I don't think in the end it will matter that much. The team's good enough to repeat as is, even without OBJ.

But the margin is thin, and it wouldn't take that much to lose out on the 1-seed, or stumble just a bit and miss a SB appearance. Some people have become drunk on the idea that Pat will just fix any issue, regardless of who's on the field with him. And that Kelce is 27, not 33.

But it is what it is. At this point, I hope they're right, because as I've been saying, I doubt DHop becomes a Chief due to what he'd asked for in a new contract. If he would somehow play on his existing contract of $19-$14, I'd sign him right the hell now. But that isn't an option, so we'll see.

Maybe it is, we are officially in the "Ring Shopping" territory for our team. People historically have taken less when Ring Shopping.

Furthermore,
Mahomes in the two remaining years of DHops contract could get him another contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 03-06-2023
Maybe it is, we are officially in the "Ring Shopping" territory for our team. People historically have taken less when Ring Shopping.

Furthermore,
Mahomes in the two remaining years of DHops contract could get him another contract.
The bigger hurdle is probably what AZ wants for him. They're saying a 2nd, but if that's the usual hype from a team trying to trade a guy, maybe they take a 3rd or some package of lesser picks.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:49 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The bigger hurdle is probably what AZ wants for him. They're saying a 2nd, but if that's the usual hype from a team trying to trade a guy, maybe they take a 3rd or some package of lesser picks.
Arizona is shedding contracts because they KNOW they have to blow it up. Kyler's contract has FUCKED them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:53 PM 03-06-2023
Arizona is shedding contracts because they KNOW they have to blow it up. Kyler's contract has FUCKED them.
I know. But there's plenty of teams that would like to have DHop, like NYG, NE, basically any team that's trying to become playoff contenders, with a young/unpolished/limited QB needing a true top-15 WR1 to provide their less than top-talented QB a reliable crutch. DAL maybe in the mix, just because Jerruh does Jerruh things.

And all of those teams can offer better draft compensation than KC.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:59 PM 03-06-2023
I'm warming up to the Dhop thing only because i think this draft is loaded with 2nd round type WR's. It's not a top heavy WR draft class. The more i watch the less i see.

Still though, the idea of bringing in OBJ on a short term deal with no draft compensation intrigues me more.

Either way, try to land one of OBJ or Dhop and then add a Hyatt who you can develop as the season goes, and at the very least can do Hardman things in the meantime.

I'm not as high on Hyatt as others, especially after he couldn't break in to the 4.3's. But i do think his floor is Hardman. His ceiling? Shit, could also be Hardman.
If you see his floor snd ceiling as Mecole, then his value is mid second at best.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:07 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If you see his floor snd ceiling as Mecole, then his value is mid second at best.
Yeah.

I think he's a 2nd round receiver that may go in the 1st. And some of these guys who are labeled as 2nd or 3rd round guys may end up being some of the best guys in this class. I don't love this class. It's not like last year's.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:15 PM 03-06-2023
Yeah.

I think he's a 2nd round receiver that may go in the 1st. And some of these guys who are labeled as 2nd or 3rd round guys may end up being some of the best guys in this class. I don't love this class. It's not like last year's.
Yeah this class is def lacking in top end talent.

Even if we don't pull trigger on Dhop we need to look else where or sign JuJu long term.

I really do not like our WR group without at least a low end 1 somewhere on the field.

Toney MIGHT be that guy, but lets not bank on it.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:04 PM 03-06-2023
I think it would be neat to have Hopkins on my favorite team. He's good at football
[Reply]
Page 48 of 270
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up