ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 916 of 3903
« First < 416816866906912913914915916 917918919920926966101614161916 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 09:25 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
That looks miserable.
Have you ever worn, and breathed through, an N95 mask? It's a very weird feeling.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:28 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you ever worn, and breathed through, an N95 mask? It's a very weird feeling.
humid... it sucks
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:32 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The disctrict here is going to do elearning to finish the year. They will get lesson plans and assignments. Turn them into their teachers on Microsoft teams. This is for grades K-12. Giving students computers and spectrum is putting in free broadband for the classes.

The goal is to get everyone through this year and on to the next year.
We just cut over from Skype to MS Teams. Wow, what a huge number of steps back... I liken it to MS thinking Win8 would be good, or the MS Browser. That's why Win10 (which I really like) went back to looking like Win7, and pretty-much everybody either uses MS IE, Chrome, Firefox, or maybe the Opera browsers.

MS really fucked up with Teams replacing Skype IMO.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:34 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
We just cut over from Skype to MS Teams. Wow, what a huge number of steps back... I liken it to MS thinking Win8 would be good, or the MS Browser. That's why Win10 (which I really like) went back to looking like Win7, and pretty-much everybody either uses MS IE, Chrome, Firefox, or maybe the Opera browsers.

Like when they thought the Zune would be a thing.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:34 AM 03-30-2020

MS really ****ed up with Teams replacing Skype IMO.
You have not implement teams correctly then. Because Teams is 100% better and more functional than Skype.
[Reply]
Donger 09:40 AM 03-30-2020
Looks like new cases yesterday has been revised to 19,913, so 500 more than previous day, per worldometers. Deaths still lower.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:42 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I'm sweating just watching that.
[Reply]
Monty 09:43 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You have not implement teams correctly then. Because Teams is 100% better and more functional than Skype.
This all day. Teams is the better option and we’ve been using it for months without issue.
[Reply]
wazu 09:44 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Looks like new cases yesterday has been revised to 19,913, so 500 more than previous day, per worldometers. Deaths still lower.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 AM 03-30-2020

I always hated Skype... especially in the early days when they couldn't even get copy/paste to function correctly. Years later it would still have issues keeping people signed in and had issues with password changes, attaching files/screenshots, etc.

Microsoft can't seem to keep Teams up and running.... they were having outages before everyone started working from home. Functionally though, I think it's a big step up from Skype. I created my own 'team' and use the Planner functionality for my own task list, which is nice. I wish Teams had its own meeting URL/number like WebEx, but I've gotten used to it.

List everything else, there's probably better options than Microsoft, but there seems to be fewer times when I think with Teams, "it's 2020 FFS, software should be better than this".
[Reply]
Donger 09:49 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
No, it's just been revised.
[Reply]
F150 09:50 AM 03-30-2020
Talked to a School administrator this weekend. He was going on about the efforts to reach out and teach with various platforms and varying degrees of success so far. He said they are not reaching the bottom 20% of the students and the top 30-40% are doing awesome with it.

I should have nodded and walked on but I had to open my mouth and ask how is that different from in classroom?

We probably wont have another chat for a while.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:51 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I always hated Skype... especially in the early days when they couldn't even get copy/paste to function correctly. Years later it would still have issues keeping people signed in and had issues with password changes, attaching files/screenshots, etc.

Microsoft can't seem to keep Teams up and running.... they were having outages before everyone started working from home. Functionally though, I think it's a big step up from Skype. I created my own 'team' and use the Planner functionality for my own task list, which is nice. I wish Teams had its own meeting URL/number like WebEx, but I've gotten used to it.

List everything else, there's probably better options than Microsoft, but there seems to be fewer times when I think with Teams, "it's 2020 FFS, software should be better than this".
Teams hasn't gone down for us one time, are you west or east coast?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:52 AM 03-30-2020
It depends on how you are using it. We have Skype deployed to 140+ offices nationwide. Teams still does not have the ability to use response groups and auto attendants, something we use extensively. Now with Microsoft dumping Unified Messaging in O365, we are forced to stay on Skype and Exchange on-prem until we find a viable 3rd party replacement.

However, we do use Teams quite a bit, just not as an enterprise voice solution.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:00 AM 03-30-2020
Teams hasn't gone down for us one time, are you west or east coast?
I was speaking more from what I've read than experienced, but it has gone down once or twice for us (Arizona).
https://downdetector.com/status/teams/map/
[Reply]
Page 916 of 3903
« First < 416816866906912913914915916 917918919920926966101614161916 > Last »
Up