ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 322 of 341
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:40 PM 10-28-2022
I typically use a battle-ready German Panzer for deer hunting.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 10-28-2022
Been using a Savage M110 .03-'06 for decades now. More recently I snagged a Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 and it's been great. They're discontinued now, I think, but usually plenty of them to be found used, i believe. Rugged, lightweight and plenty accurate.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:10 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Remington 700 mountain rifle .30-06 with Redfield Widefield 2X7 scope bought when first introduced by Remington.

Like this one

I love the old Red Widefeild scopes.
Wish I still had one.
[Reply]
srvy 04:36 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I love the old Red Widefeild scopes.
Wish I still had one.
I do too and have that 2x7 and another 3x9 lo pro on my Remington 700 classic 300 Weatherby mag.
[Reply]
srvy 04:39 PM 10-28-2022
Oh yeah and never had my Rem 700s ever go off on their own. Remember that 60-minute hit piece that led to law suits galore?
[Reply]
ghak99 06:13 PM 10-28-2022
Remington 700 mountain rifle .30-06 with Redfield Widefield 2X7 scope bought when first introduced by Remington.

Like this one

Is yours the version with the two lines at the top of the reticle you line up with the deer's back and belly while moving the magnifier and it gives you the yardage?

My dad has one of those on his 270. It hasn't needed a new zero in at least two decades and I've always thought it was pretty cool.
[Reply]
srvy 07:11 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Is yours the version with the two lines at the top of the reticle you line up with the deer's back and belly while moving the magnifier and it gives you the yardage?

My dad has one of those on his 270. It hasn't needed a new zero in at least two decades and I've always thought it was pretty cool.
Kinda like stadia crosshairs that were the Redfield with accu-trac about 1978. The Redfield accu range was developed for the military in 1966 and was adopted by USMC for their M40 sniper rifle. Both my wide fields were the sought-after Denver Redfields. Those were both cool scopes especially the accu range.

The Low Pro wide fields were designed by a fellow who later went on to co-found Burris Optics. Redfield was bought out by Meade Telescopes who also bought Simmons and Weaver and Tasco I believe. Needless to say they kinda went south on the quality. John Redfield's company got sued out of existence by the EPA for contaminates in the Platte River the reason for the sale to Meade.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:54 PM 10-28-2022
Kinda like stadia crosshairs that were the Redfield with accu-trac about 1978. The Redfield accu range was developed for the military in 1966 and was adopted by USMC for their M40 sniper rifle. Both my wide fields were the sought-after Denver Redfields. Those were both cool scopes especially the accu range.

The Low Pro wide fields were designed by a fellow who later went on to co-found Burris Optics. Redfield was bought out by Meade Telescopes who also bought Simmons and Weaver and Tasco I believe. Needless to say they kinda went south on the quality. John Redfield's company got sued out of existence by the EPA for contaminates in the Platte River the reason for the sale to Meade.
That's the Redfield I have ,sitting on a 8mm Mauser I cut down and stuck it in Boyd's stock. Hope to hunt wolves with it some day
I dnt understand how you use the built in range finder and I dnt know any Marines from the the late 60s.
Above the cross hairs are 2 lines and below the croshairs is a stick with measurements that go from 200 to 600.
Some how you line a target up with the lines above and then I think you turn the zoom tell ??? T
That's what I'm not sure of.

Edit// just broke out the 8mm. When you zoom in and out, the stick with the numbers on it, zooms in and out too
It's a 2x7x? No 3rd number. Zoom is 1-7
Its a small scope. Both ends are round not rectangle.
[Reply]
srvy 10:51 PM 10-28-2022
That's the Redfield I have ,sitting on a 8mm Mauser I cut down and stuck it in Boyd's stock. Hope to hunt wolves with it some day
I dnt understand how you use the built in range finder and I dnt know any Marines from the the late 60s.
Above the cross hairs are 2 lines and below the croshairs is a stick with measurements that go from 200 to 600.
Some how you line a target up with the lines above and then I think you turn the zoom tell ??? T
That's what I'm not sure of.

Edit// just broke out the 8mm. When you zoom in and out, the stick with the numbers on it, zooms in and out too
It's a 2x7x? No 3rd number. Zoom is 1-7
Its a small scope. Both ends are round not rectangle.
Maybe this will help.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Bfor%2Bweb.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Trac+Guide.pdf
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:47 PM 10-28-2022
Nice find man. Thanks..
[Reply]
srvy 10:43 AM 10-29-2022
Nice find man. Thanks..
I found this for the Redfield accu range years during the Leopold ownership years. The 2 dot system.

https://riflescopesinfo.wordpress.co...range-reticle/
[Reply]
penguinz 11:39 AM 10-29-2022
It's a Turkish 1911 made by Tissa.
You'll be happy with it. If you buy it?

A quick YouTube search and you'll find Hickok 45 out banging away on his range with one.
Hickok 45 is a fun watch.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:54 AM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably your fliers are the result of just not being completely familiar with your sights. However, without actually seeing you shoot, it could be one or several of many things.

You'd ideally want to keep your pattern tighter than that, or at least without the fliers. That takes a lot of trigger time.

You might want to consider a laser training system. It'll save you time and money. The link below is a list of the better laser trainers available.

https://www.cchit.org/laser-firearm-training-system/

I'm familiar with the Mantix system. That or the GSight are the ones I'd recommend, but others may be familiar with others they like. i like these systems because they allow you to actually use the same gun you'll be using, not some replica with a different trigger, sights, etc. Also these two allow you to practice at home in your den or whatever, so no need to schedule range time, drive time, whatever. And considering the current cost of ammo, it'll pay for itself after just 300 trigger pulls or so.

And they definitely work. My buddy bought the Mantix system and went from a B-/C+ shooter to a consistent A-/A shooter (acuracy-wise) in just a 6-8 weeks, training just 4 times/week about 20 minutes a day. And his speed from shot to shot decreased by almost half in the same time. So these things not only help improve your accuracy but your target acquisition as well.
I have been considering the Mantis X10 Elite. I take it from your post it is well worth the $250?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have been considering the Mantis X10 Elite. I take it from your post it is well worth the $250?
Imo, yeah. Take that for what it's worth, of course. There are several good ones out there.

The primary advantage of these things is that they allow you to practice sight alignment, proper trigger manipulation, and quicker target acquisition at home, eliminating the need to spend time and money going to the range and on ammo, which is pretty expensive right now. And these skills all translate to live fire pretty seamlessly.

I mean, you're going to have to work on recoil control with live ammo (there's another way to do this, but it requires another person, and logistically it's just easier for most people to shoot live ammo).

But results I've seen across all skill levels make getting one of these systems a no brainer.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:31 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Imo, yeah. Take that for what it's worth, of course. There are several good ones out there.

The primary advantage of these things is that they allow you to practice sight alignment, proper trigger manipulation, and quicker target acquisition at home, eliminating the need to spend time and money going to the range and on ammo, which is pretty expensive right now. And these skills all translate to live fire pretty seamlessly.

I mean, you're going to have to work on recoil control with live ammo (there's another way to do this, but it requires another person, and logistically it's just easier for most people to shoot live ammo).

But results I've seen across all skill levels make getting one of these systems a no brainer.
Appreciate the response. Adding it to the Xmas wish list.
[Reply]
Page 322 of 341
« First < 222272312318319320321322 323324325326332 > Last »
Up