ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:07 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Based on the feed dtrain shared, Aaron Wilson seems pretty adamant that the two sides have spoken about Tunsil to KC but he's not sure if that will culminate in a deal. With Veach, I won't rule it out. In fact, if there's that much smoke I would lean more toward Veach trying to get it done than not.

I'm going to channel my inner Clay. The deal is done for LB Willie Gay, 2023 2nd, 2023 4th, 2024 1st, and 2024 4th. Because why the fuck not.
Sounds like a done deal to me!!!!!
[Reply]
BossChief 10:16 PM 03-18-2023
I wouldn’t be all that mad if we made that deal.

Tunsil is the best pass blocking OT in the nfl. His presence upgrades the entire offense and adds a force multiplier to an offense with a few force multipliers already and we still have first this year.

That could legit be the best OL in NFL history.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:22 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
no, just no bro :-):-)
https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

He's apparently not far off, per the above article...

2024 1st
Multiple high value picks
A Player

Instead of Gay, could also be Sneed potentially, but I'd hope for CEH.

BUT doesn't he only have 1 year left on his contact in HOU, and doesn't he want a new top of market deal? ...Shouldn't that drive down the price some?

If not, that's a pretty hefty price without seeing how the draft plays out first imo.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:27 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He heard a bag of mini Milky Way bars on his nightstand start mooing
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:53 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

He's apparently not far off, per the above article...

2024 1st
Multiple high value picks
A Player

Instead of Gay, could also be Sneed potentially, but I'd hope for CEH.

BUT doesn't he only have 1 year left on his contact in HOU, and doesn't he want a new top of market deal? ...Shouldn't that drive down the price some?

If not, that's a pretty hefty price without seeing how the draft plays out first imo.
1st and 3rd this year. 1st next year and Hardman or CEH? WTF? That’s way way too much.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:59 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
1st and 3rd this year. 1st next year and Hardman or CEH? WTF? That’s way way too much.
Hardman?
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:01 PM 03-18-2023
Bart is so good he can trade away players who aren't even on our team :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:53 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
one 1st, plus additional pick(s), plus a player... is the request, we're told.

But Ive gotta think it'd be less considering he condition of his contract
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:16 AM 03-19-2023
I'm off this bandwagon since we signed Taylor. Our zero depth behind Toney, Skyy, and MVS is more concerning. We really need somebody or the WR core will collapse at the firse injury, which will be Toney.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:20 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'm off this bandwagon since we signed Taylor. Our zero depth behind Toney, Skyy, and MVS is more concerning. We really need somebody or the WR core will collapse at the firse injury, which will be Toney.
I have significant doubt that "Taylor to LT" is anything but a well-crafted illusion. If KC doesn't trade for Tunsil, they are probably moving up in the first. There's no way on Earth that the Chiefs do something like that IMO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03-19-2023, 12:51 AM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
Hammock Parties 03-19-2023, 12:54 AM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
Hammock Parties 12:55 AM 03-19-2023
Chiefs trade their 1st for for Tunsil, 4th for Hopkins. It all goes down on draft day.

You heard it here first, folks.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:11 AM 03-19-2023
I have significant doubt that "Taylor to LT" is anything but a well-crafted illusion. If KC doesn't trade for Tunsil, they are probably moving up in the first. There's no way on Earth that the Chiefs do something like that IMO.
There's no way the Chiefs move a RT to LT? Interesting theory.

The Chiefs just gave more money to a RT than their previous LT signed for that they moved from RT.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:16 AM 03-19-2023
They basically did do that with Orlando though. Taylor is a way better athlete than him seems fully comfortable with the switch. They are paying him LT money.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:28 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
There's no way the Chiefs move a RT to LT? Interesting theory.

The Chiefs just gave more money to a RT than their previous LT signed for that they moved from RT.
Money is irrelevant. Top-tier RT salaries are approaching LT money. Is what it is.

The Chiefs didn't move Orlando from RT to LT, the Ravens did that. The Chiefs were clearly not satisfied with Orlando's performance this year and they rightly shouldn't have been. It's exclusive from the other situation where Wylie was an even bigger bag of dicks, he just so happened to cost substantially less.

Taylor has played a whopping 2 career collegiate games at LT. Him playing LT is a fallback plan, not THE plan. I'm confident of that. Taylor made that abundantly clear in his presser.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:36 AM 03-19-2023
The Chiefs didn't move Orlando from RT to LT, the Ravens did that.
Give me a fucking break. He subbed in for half a season after their starting LT went down with a season ending injury and then they traded him. The Ravens actually moved him to RT after he played LT in college.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up