ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 352
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:08 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
This. I’m not watching any recorded sports. Not even baseball
Man, this is really nuts

Can’t beliebe you said this
[Reply]
BWillie 08:10 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
IMHO, sports is just as much about the live entertainment/stress of not knowing what happens as it is about winning/losing.

I'd still watch later on after a win since its a S16 game, but would be about 30% as enjoyable.
If you don't know what happens, you could watch it a week later and still have the same effect. I just turn my phone off, tell people in the know to not tell me what happens. USUALLY works fine.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:20 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Man, this is really nuts

Can’t beliebe you said this
To be fair I’ll just stop watching baseball and check the score in the morning. Not the other two
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:21 PM 03-24-2022
Tech should have won that game. But, on the bright side, Arizona is going to lose. Fuck Arizona.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 10:25 PM 03-24-2022
Duke gifted again
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:26 PM 03-24-2022
And they brought up 1997. Fuck Arizona.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:43 PM 03-24-2022
Good to see Gonzaga and Arizona both lose. They should’ve been gone last weekend.

We need to take advantage of this path. Good teams remaining, but not the gauntlet that it normally is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:33 AM 03-25-2022
We saw two #1 seeds taken out tonight by good teams in Arkansas and Houston. And unfortunately for us, there's little stopping Providence from being the next one in line tomorrow given the depth, quality and experience of their team. Two things stand out about Providence: they are the 7th oldest team in the country (with a lineup of six senior regulars and one junior) and the #1 "luckiest" team in the country this season (which is the KenPom way of saying they have been incredibly clutch). In my view, this is not a coincidence. These guys have seen everything there is to see in college basketball, are used to battling in close games and are not bothered by it. They execute in high pressure situations, which is why they are 3-0 in OT games and 10-2 in games decided by less than five points. From an intangibles perspective, there is no question they have the edge over KU and there is no question who you should favor if this is a tight one down the stretch.

From a basketball perspective, Providence also poses its own set of issues. They play incredibly slow (283rd in the country in adjusted tempo), which will not allow KU to get out and run (which is KU's biggest strength as an offensive team) and will limit possessions making it more difficult for KU's offensive superiority to win out. And while Providence does generally play a traditional big at all times which should make McCormack breathe a sigh of relief, they have three players who hit threes at a 38%+ clip (including two guys standing at 6'6 and 6'8) making them a matchup nightmare and a difficult cover. This is the kind of team that can take advantage of Remy Martin and David McCormack's weak PnR defense with their outside shooting. Another major strength of theirs is their ability to get to the FT line (ranking 28th in the country in their FT rate per field goal attempt). KU will have to avoid fouls and play quite disciplined in order to properly defend this team, which has occasionally been an issue this year.

Ultimately KU has a shot tomorrow to reach the E8 but they better be ready.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:02 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We saw two #1 seeds taken out tonight by good teams in Arkansas and Houston. And unfortunately for us, there's little stopping Providence from being the next one in line tomorrow given the depth, quality and experience of their team. Two things stand out about Providence: they are the 7th oldest team in the country (with a lineup of six senior regulars and one junior) and the #1 "luckiest" team in the country this season (which is the KenPom way of saying they have been incredibly clutch). In my view, this is not a coincidence. These guys have seen everything there is to see in college basketball, are used to battling in close games and are not bothered by it. They execute in high pressure situations, which is why they are 3-0 in OT games and 10-2 in games decided by less than five points. From an intangibles perspective, there is no question they have the edge over KU and there is no question who you should favor if this is a tight one down the stretch.

From a basketball perspective, Providence also poses its own set of issues. They play incredibly slow (283rd in the country in adjusted tempo), which will not allow KU to get out and run (which is KU's biggest strength as an offensive team) and will limit possessions making it more difficult for KU's offensive superiority to win out. And while Providence does generally play a traditional big at all times which should make McCormack breathe a sigh of relief, they have three players who hit threes at a 38%+ clip (including two guys standing at 6'6 and 6'8) making them a matchup nightmare and a difficult cover. This is the kind of team that can take advantage of Remy Martin and David McCormack's weak PnR defense with their outside shooting. Another major strength of theirs is their ability to get to the FT line (ranking 28th in the country in their FT rate per field goal attempt). KU will have to avoid fouls and play quite disciplined in order to properly defend this team, which has occasionally been an issue this year.

You are correct, Providence will not be an easy out for us. We have to be on with shooting , defense well and not foul them. We need consistent scoring, no long periods of not scoring!

This game concerns me cuz of the things you mentioned! Plus 3 of the 1's gone they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by winning.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:40 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Unless we cant score 65 pts. We win this game easily.

KU 74-62.

Only way we lose is if we give up 30 FTA+ or 10+ 3FG.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:14 AM 03-25-2022
How bad does Arkansas get fucked by the refs tomorrow?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:47 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
How bad does Arkansas get fucked by the refs tomorrow?
Insert picture of tiny girl on couch surrounded by large men.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:01 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCFalcon59:
Duke gifted again
I didnt see that, not as much as normal, the problem was Tech just turned the ball over several possessions the last few minutes, and Duke captalized and went down and scored. Tech could have won the game, but the turnovers at the end, did them in. That, along with when Duke switched to a zone, kind of stiffled Tech. I had Tech beating Duke in all my brackets, and they were right there in the end. Looking forward, I dont see anyone that I think will stop Duke until the final 4 game, unfortunately. :-(
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:06 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
I didnt see that, not as much as normal, the problem was Tech just turned the ball over several possessions the last few minutes, and Duke captalized and went down and scored. Tech could have won the game, but the turnovers at the end, did them in. That, along with when Duke switched to a zone, kind of stiffled Tech. I had Tech beating Duke in all my brackets, and they were right there in the end. Looking forward, I dont see anyone that I think will stop Duke until the final 4 game, unfortunately. :-(
Unless a team just over whelms Duke, refs will be giving them any help they need to win a title. Just too good a story to not have K go out a champion.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:12 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Unless a team just over whelms Duke, refs will be giving them any help they need to win a title. Just too good a story to not have K go out a champion.
They’re at least going to the Final Four. No chance the Coach story isn’t drug out by another week.

That would give this Final Four the storyline it desperately needs.

I think the refs might back off a bit after that.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 352
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up