ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Felix working with Tamba
staylor26 08:40 AM 04-24-2024
This is GREAT to see. Was going to post it in the Felix thread, but figured many wouldn't see it.

Stay working stay studying your craft never become complacent. @fanudike @TysonKilbey pic.twitter.com/azvKPYyOmM

— Tamba Hali (@TambaHali91) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 10:57 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Man, one day I'm going to see you have the RIGHT take on a subject. Your history has been nothing short of astounding so far.
I am just disagreeable and unlikeable. That is why you disagree with me, not due to the takes itself.

I am here to balance Chiefsplanet so that its blatant homerism does not tip the scale and engulf this place info flames.

Even the devil needs an advocate.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 11:15 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Just hire him as a coach
Maybe they’re paying him as a 1099 coach.

We don’t know the details.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:16 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I am just disagreeable and unlikeable. That is why you disagree with me, not due to the takes itself.

I am here to balance Chiefsplanet so that its blatant homerism does not tip the scale and engulf this place info flames.

No, your takes are just a smashed bag of assholes. Just terrible in every way, no matter how you present them.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:06 PM Yesterday

Theres plenty of pessimism on the board. Trust me, you playing devils advocate isn't needed. But if you enjoy doing it, feel free.

Also, listen specifically to what Mahomes says about Smith. He specifically mentions things like where your hands should be under center to save time and make things easier. The attention to detail, the prep before a game, he said it probably advanced him 1 year in his game before he played a snap.

That's not nothing. He could've easily been nice and respectful and said "he was a great guy, a real pro, I think I learned a lot." But he didn't. He went out of his way to say Smith advanced his game. I'd listen to him.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 12:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Theres plenty of pessimism on the board. Trust me, you playing devils advocate isn't needed. But if you enjoy doing it, feel free.

Also, listen specifically to what Mahomes says about Smith. He specifically mentions things like where your hands should be under center to save time and make things easier. The attention to detail, the prep before a game, he said it probably advanced him 1 year in his game before he played a snap.

That's not nothing. He could've easily been nice and respectful and said "he was a great guy, a real pro, I think I learned a lot." But he didn't. He went out of his way to say Smith advanced his game. I'd listen to him.
Playing in 2017 would have also advanced his game.

I view it as a wash.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Playing in 2017 would have also advanced his game.

I view it as a wash.
No guarantee this is true.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:31 PM Yesterday
Would you trade what we have right now, 4 SB appearances in 5 years, 3 SB wins , AFCCG every year, for the unknown behind the curtain of a full 2017 Mahomes starting season?
[Reply]
Wallymo 12:39 PM Yesterday
This "debate" is ridiculous (and obviously intended to be so). Mahomes learned a lot about being a pro from his father. But he was also lucky enough to sit a year and learn in the NFL. Alex, by Pat's own admission, taught him how to be an NFL pro. Smith was a willing teacher and put in the practice and film review you feign to disdain. Breaking down film together for a season could have done nothing but make Mahomes better.

But I also believe it we had left Mahomes as QB after the week 18 game in Denver the team would have had a chance at a super bowl. But you never know. And it let the team end things nicely with Alex for his assistance with football jesus and got us a nice draft pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:04 PM Yesterday

In this case you're actually being the homer, though. You're saying Mahomes didn't need mentorship to be as incredible as he was right out of the gate.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
This "debate" is ridiculous (and obviously intended to be so). Mahomes learned a lot about being a pro from his father. But he was also lucky enough to sit a year and learn in the NFL. Alex, by Pat's own admission, taught him how to be an NFL pro. Smith was a willing teacher and put in the practice and film review you feign to disdain. Breaking down film together for a season could have done nothing but make Mahomes better.

But I also believe it we had left Mahomes as QB after the week 18 game in Denver the team would have had a chance at a super bowl. But you never know. And it let the team end things nicely with Alex for his assistance with football jesus and got us a nice draft pick.
What we do know is every single time a player was allowed a year or two to be groomed by a willing starter it only served to be a positive.

That's not the case with rookie starters. In fact most guys aren't ready to start year one, they could use the time to cook, and sometimes the experience ruins them.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up