ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 56
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:56 PM 07-02-2023
Yeah, this movie isn't that bad. Went and saw it captioned tonight
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:59 PM 07-02-2023
I don't know if it was an Easter egg or a mistake but the Nazi soldiers at the start were called Stormtroopers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
I don't know if it was an Easter egg or a mistake but the Nazi soldiers at the start were called Stormtroopers.
Common term for a lot of militaries.

Yeah, this movie isn't that bad. Went and saw it captioned tonight
Indiana Jones 5:
Spoiler!

But hey it was really well made. :-)

I'm still just like...why did we need this? Thanks for some mildly interesting stuff? Sorry about the money.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:06 PM 07-02-2023
That's the correct term for Nazi Soldiers hence the white supremacist "Stormfront" BB name
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 07-02-2023
TW gets his wish...this is a huge bomb, especially adjusting for inflation

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:16 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
TW gets his wish...this is a huge bomb, especially adjusting for inflation

Thank you Kathleen!

Also I like to thank Disney in general for fucking up in Florida with their political BS that caused a backlash which damaged all of their tentpole movies to underperform outside of MCU's GoG.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:17 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That's the correct term for Nazi Soldiers hence the white supremacist "Stormfront" BB name
They only used it once. Every other time it was 'soldier'
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:59 AM 07-03-2023
I saw alot of people in their 50s with no children at their side at the movie theater last night so I could only presume what movie they came to see this weekend. I gotta make my wife watch Raiders and the Last Crusade before I'll take her to this, but it is on the list of things to do.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:03 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1. Raiders
2. Crusade
3. Temple
4A. Crystal Skull
4B. Dial of Destiny

Dial of Destiny doesn't embarrass itself in key moments like Skull does, but it's not as entertaining as the best moments of Skull are. The climax for Skull is a lot more satisfying, too.

I just find DoD really...not necessary? It doesn't add anything to the character, other than a "oh, that's neat" 20-minute intro that was quite badass, if we're being frank.

The rest of the movie builds on the mcguffin in a way I liked, but none of the action is particularly interesting or unique. It's entertaining enough, just because...it's Indiana Jones.

I needed the climax of the film to be something different than it was. It was a big letdown for me. Note that the third ACT itself, the setpiece, I really liked. But the climax of the film wasn't what I wanted. The film ended in a whimper, not a crescendo.

But I can appreciate the fact it didn't embarrass itself and was a fun distraction for a couple of hours.

I left lukewarm, and preferring the way we left the character in Skull.

Also most of the jokes in the film don't land for me, and the dialogue doesn't have that Spielberg crispness or sharpness.

It's made $152 million worldwide in 5 days, which isn't bad I suppose. I do hope it fails financially, because I do NOT want to see the square peg of PWB being jammed into a round hole for future projects that have anything to do with the IP. Lucasfilm needs to ditch Kathleen or at the very least be very discouraged from giving her control over anything that smells like this.

This smelt a lot like diet The Force Awakens. I'd still give it three stars. This wasn't Mummy 3. As a character study of an aging Indiana Jones, it was well put together. But, did we really need that? Meh.

It had an original goal and the movie was necessary to get there but fortunately it seems like they scrapped that story line. So hopefully they don’t still try to move forward with it in the way you fear.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:15 AM 07-03-2023
I haven’t seen it yet but what I’m seeing indicates this concern to be accurate in its basis. Other than emasculating Indy and portraying a negative image of men (see Star Wars) I can’t understand the reason behind portraying him as a depressed and divorced lonely man that seems to have no respect from anyone. There are countless ways to show he needs motivation for an adventure other than something to do because he’s a worthless shell of a man.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 09:10 AM 07-03-2023
Did not like it. The movie was about Indiana Jones going after something called the Dial of Archimedes, which never existed in real life. This is unlike the Ark and Holy Grail, which did exist. The movie made very little sense to me.
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:35 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Did not like it. The movie was about Indiana Jones going after something called the Dial of Archimedes, which never existed in real life. This is unlike the Ark and Holy Grail, which did exist. The movie made very little sense to me.
No, the Antikythera relic is a very real thing. It was discovered in a shipwreck off the coast of the island of Antikythera Greece around 1900. It was believed to have been made around the time Archimedes was alive.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I haven’t seen it yet but what I’m seeing indicates this concern to be accurate in its basis. Other than emasculating Indy and portraying a negative image of men (see Star Wars) I can’t understand the reason behind portraying him as a depressed and divorced lonely man that seems to have no respect from anyone. There are countless ways to show he needs motivation for an adventure other than something to do because he’s a worthless shell of a man.
He's not emasculated or portrayed negatively, and gets tons of respect from his friends in the movie.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

It just kinds of ends in a dud. They had a pretty great setup for a whizbang of an ending, I felt and went super lazy with it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:17 PM 07-03-2023
:-) Should have Indy rescue a bunch of kids again

BREAKING: Sound of Freedom ticket sales SMASH expectations while Disney Indiana Jones falls flathttps://t.co/4HzfKNmrQE

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) July 3, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 06:19 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Thank you Kathleen!

Also I like to thank Disney in general for fucking up in Florida with their political BS that caused a backlash which damaged all of their tentpole movies to underperform outside of MCU's GoG.
If this doesn't get KK either shitcanned or relegated to unimportant things on unimportant productions, nothing will.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 56
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up