6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:36 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
We are officially tied for last place with the Twins and percentage points behind the Tigers.
There has to be a shake-up coming soon.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:50 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
And to think the season started with so much promise!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:53 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Have we talked about how terribad Gutierrez is at 3B and when paired with his shit hitting, is basically worthless?
No, I think you’re the first to figure it out.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:54 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
You would think so after finishing April with the best record in MLB.

To go from there to where they are now is pretty damn hard to do. The team looks completely lost. I put that on coaching. Yes, there have been injuries, but guys that have proven track records of performing in MLB before (Dozier, Soler, hell, even Whit) can’t seem to do shit right now. And yes, they miss Benni and Mondi BADLY. But that didn’t explain the others awfulness. And the 2 or 3 (Taylor, Gutierrez, Alberto) that shouldn’t even be offensive starters and everyday players. Taylor wouldnt be terrible as a fourth OF’er, but hell even Dyson looks better at this point in that role. The others probably shouldn’t be on a MLB roster.

And that’s just the offense.

As much as everyone has said on here (including myself) and I’m not going to belabor the point anymore, the lack of progress and regression among most, if not all, of our young talented arms is hugely concerning. And what’s more concerning is no one on this coaching staff seems to have any answers.

I’ve said before I think Matheny is safe till at least the off-season, but Eldred has gotta go. It’s just not working with him and this staff. I could make an argument for Bradshaw too, but he’ll get a pass due to injuries. At least till the seasons over, probably. Something HAS to change.

This team isn’t responding to this manager and this coaching staff for whatever reason and that’s the reality of it. The defense has taken a HUGE step back these last couple years and that is not a surprise as Matheny’s teams have suffered under him and regressed significantly on defense (same thing happened with the Cards). It’s time for a shakeup.

They’ve about waited this out as long as they can.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:56 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Have we talked about how terribad Gutierrez is at 3B and when paired with his shit hitting, is basically worthless?
I wonder this as well, his Omaha numbers were a reason to give him a try, but now he needs to go back!

Do we not have anybody at the corner spot that could fill the spot?

Maybe another 2nd baseman, give Whit a shot at 3rd!

I'd even be happy with Aldabeto at 3rd the Kelvin at this point!

On a bright note Nicky Lopez has termed his hitting around and been a pleasant surprise, by just playing his way through the slump. Very possibly just what they are doing with Gutierrez.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:56 PM 06-27-2021
What a brutal, brutal stretch.

Stubborn reliance on failing “proven” vets
Horrible defense and general bad fundamentals
Playing TIGHT as a drum
Weird and extremely questionable lineup decisions
Poor development of younger players

All complaints about Matheny in STL that look warranted with this squad.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:56 PM 06-27-2021
:-)
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

[Reply]
ROYC75 03:59 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What a brutal, brutal stretch.

Stubborn reliance on failing “proven” vets
Horrible defense and general bad fundamentals
Playing TIGHT as a drum
Weird and extremely questionable lineup decisions
Poor development of younger players

All complaints about Matheny in STL that look warranted with this squad.
This road trip will leave us in last place and by the All Star break, 20 games under .500.

What a collapse since April!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:00 PM 06-27-2021
Weirdly, this game really pissed me off. It started in the top of the first when Whit singled on the first pitch of the game — then never even tried to steal 2B to get into scoring position.

Then “Two-pitch” Brady futzed up the bottom of the inning (with help from Soler), getting ahead of hitters 0-2 before surrendering hits.

The Royals were shackled by a starter with an ERA over 5 who had given up 16 HRs this season.

This team reeks. Fuck them and fuck Dayton Moore.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:32 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Weirdly, this game really pissed me off. It started in the top of the first when Whit singled on the first pitch of the game — then never even tried to steal 2B to get into scoring position.

Then “Two-pitch” Brady futzed up the bottom of the inning (with help from Soler), getting ahead of hitters 0-2 before surrendering hits.

The Royals were shackled by a starter with an ERA over 5 who had given up 16 HRs this season.

This team reeks. **** them and **** Dayton Moore.
The errors!
Missed played balls!
Lack of command with minimal pitches!
Lack of hitting with RISP!

So many issues/things to point at!

Starts at the top, it's his job to see that. Players are getting proper help on those areas.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:00 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He can’t even field routine grounders!
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:10 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

To go from there to where they are now is pretty damn hard to do. The team looks completely lost. I put that on coaching. Yes, there have been injuries, but guys that have proven track records of performing in MLB before (Dozier, Soler, hell, even Whit) can’t seem to do shit right now.
Lol what? Whit is hitting .337 this month.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:27 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Lol what? Whit is hitting .337 this month.
Sorry, meant Santana, not sure why I typed Whit. Santana got off to a really strong start for us this year and has seemingly been going downhill for a while.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:19 PM 06-27-2021
Wonder what Sherman thinks when he looks at Cleve continuing to win and has to watch this garbage product DM has dropped into his toilet
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:08 PM 06-27-2021
I'm just waiting, hoping, and praying that we see Alcides Escobar up in the Majors very soon. Daytons thinking "what better way to win over fans than bringing back a fan favorite Esky! 800 OPS! Career high OPS including all levels!"

It's coming boys

He's coming
[Reply]
Page 206 of 440
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Up