ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
DaFace 08:57 AM 03-27-2023
He really needs to get an agent.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:58 AM 03-27-2023
Lamar to Denver straight up for Russell Wilson, so Case of Dildos can tell us about how Wilson sucked and this was always the Paton Plan.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:00 AM 03-27-2023
Too bad we already have Pacheco on the roster
[Reply]
RunKC 08:59 AM 03-27-2023
They should trade him to the Colts and use the 4th pick on Anthony Richardson while loading up.

I think this would go a lot like Russ to Geno in Seattle. They’ll be fine
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They should trade him to the Colts and use the 4th pick on Anthony Richardson while loading up.

I think this would go a lot like Russ to Geno in Seattle. They’ll be fine
The colts aren't giving up the 4th pick for Lamar :-)

They can do it after the draft and give up their 2024 and 2025 1st rounders.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:07 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The colts aren't giving up the 4th pick for Lamar :-)

They can do it after the draft and give up their 2024 and 2025 1st rounders.
Wonder if the Ravens would try and get the rights to whoever the Colts picked there. I'm assuming it would be best DPA available so you're talking Anderson or Carter most likely.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:00 AM 03-27-2023
He needs two things:

1. An Agent
2. An English Tutor

Every tweet I read from Lamar he sounds dumber than a bag of hammers.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:00 AM 03-27-2023
Perfect timing with Harbaugh getting ready to speak at the NFL meetings.
[Reply]
Otter 09:08 AM 03-27-2023
All things considered his grammar isn't really all that bad. In a college history class I had an elective history prerequisite where a basketball player sat behind me and basically spoke in tongues and spat with each vowel and preposition.

The prepositions were worse and I moved my seat to the other side of the room. I remember seeing an answer on his test about Napoleon as "He be short". Having a good jump shot and/or a good arm will get you places.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:03 AM 03-27-2023
Would the Ravens have a legitimate grievance if the Colts sign Lamar to a poison pulled offer sheet the day after the draft?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:04 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Would the Ravens have a legitimate grievance if the Colts sign Lamar to a poison pulled offer sheet the day after the draft?
I think they removed the ability to poison pill a contract in the last CBA iirc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think they removed the ability to poison pill a contract in the last CBA iirc.
They did, but only the strict sort of "Chad Hutchinson" contract the Vikings pulled several years back.

You just can't offer a deal that has terms that are different for the 'losing' team than they would be for the 'winning' team. The Vikes offered Hutchinson a deal where his contract would guarantee if he wasn't the highest paid player on the team and the Seahawks had Walter Jones making $7 million. So if the Seahawks matched, the entire deal ended up guaranteed.

Whereas on the Vikings that wouldn't have been an issue.

That's the kind of deal that is barred. You can still make frontloaded deals or deals with onerous enough terms to make it difficult for a team to match.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They did, but only the strict sort of "Chad Hutchinson" contract the Vikings pulled several years back.

You just can't offer a deal that has terms that are different for the 'losing' team than they would be for the 'winning' team. The Vikes offered Hutchinson a deal where his contract would guarantee if he wasn't the highest paid player on the team and the Seahawks had Walter Jones making $7 million. So if the Seahawks matched, the entire deal ended up guaranteed.

Whereas on the Vikings that wouldn't have been an issue.

That's the kind of deal that is barred. You can still make frontloaded deals or deals with onerous enough terms to make it difficult for a team to match.
I thought there was also a contract poison pill included about playing a certain number of games in one state that would make the contract guaranteed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I thought there was also a contract poison pill included about playing a certain number of games in one state that would make the contract guaranteed.
Sure, but that's just another example.

If there are terms in the deal that make the contract obligations fundamentally different for a 'matching' team than it does the team that offered it, it's a poison pill.

They really haven't happened all that often and aren't strictly necessary.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:07 AM 03-27-2023
There's no way I'm giving up the 4th pick for Lamar if I'm the Colts. It's going to take multiple picks...so give up your 2023 2nd rounder, 2024 1st and 2025 1st.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up